Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > War

We all split up into teams of fours and agreed to meet back at headquarters at four with no exceptions. I was in a team with Jennifer, Ben and Jack. None of us had seen Ray since he’d stormed out of the building earlier but that wasn’t our main concern.

Each group had a different area to look around. We had been given the back entrance to the city “I hate looking for things.” Ben muttered “I’m so bad at finding things. And this is really hard when we don’t even know what we’re looking for exactly.”

“We’re looking for a team of people dressed in white.” Jennifer said, acting as if he were an idiot “What’s not to know?”

“Well they could be anywhere. In like a trap door or something. Maybe they somehow figured out how to get invisibility powers?” Jack suggested.

“If you two aren’t going to take this seriously then just go back to headquarters.” I said moodily “Though Ben is right Jennifer, we don’t actually know what we’re looking for.”

“Why don’t we talk about something to make this more interesting?” Ben suggested “We could all talk about our lives. I’ll start. My life was boring until I met a beautiful girl called Crayon who I fell in love with. I ditched my parents and moved in with her and now life is perfect.”

“I wouldn’t say life is perfect.” Jack said “Okay, my turn. I used to be in a band and we made it really big but then we split up. I’d wanted to get away from the big city so I moved to BLI and soon realised that was a big mistake because it was so boring there. But then everything turned out okay because I met Hozzie and now she’s missing. So yeah, life is not perfect at the moment. Who’s turn is it now?”

“Crayon’s.” Jennifer said quickly.

“Fine but mine’s probably a lot longer than yours is.” I said “I was born in a town in England that you won’t have heard of if I tell you the name of it. I lived there with my Mom and Dad and then a couple of years later, my little sister Stella came along. We all loved living there but then Dad got offered a new job in BLI so we had to move here. So I had to say goodbye to all my friends and everything I’d ever known to move to a boring town where they tried to turn me into someone I’m not.” I groaned “This is stupid.”

“No, carry on. Your life story is really interesting.” Jennifer told me, looking really interested.

“Okay, fine.” I thought about it for a second before carrying on “I only officially lived in BLI for two days. It was a scary couple of days where they tried to get me to dye my hair and change my name to Victoria. Luckily I met a great girl called Kat and managed to escape the city because of it which is when I met the killjoys.” I started telling them what had happened with the killjoys and the stuff we used to do “It wasn’t all hard work. Since we did a lot of waiting around for Paul, we had a lot of fun. Some parts are upsetting like when Kat and Penina were kidnapped but even that turned out okay because we managed to find Hozzie.”

I looked up. Although we were still searching, I could see that the three of them were really interested in what I was saying “We went through a lot together. And then we came here and thought we were safe from the draculoids but we were wrong. I was only just starting to truly love my life. It had taken me a long time to get my head around the fact that my parents hated me and that I was going to have a baby and all that other stuff when they showed up again. Then to make things worse, my friends are abducted by them and now we can’t find them.”

“Being a killjoy sounds amazing.” Jennifer said wistfully, her eyes glittering.

“It was.” I replied “Your turn now.”

“Do I have to?”

“We told ours!” Jack cried.

“Yours was a bit half-arsed!” Jennifer snapped truthfully enough “Alright fine, my turn. I grew up in a small town in America and when I was five my parents had my little sister Danielle and they told me to look after her. So I did. She was a sweet little girl even though she was such a wimp and some of the other kids picked on her. But I always stood up for her and protected her from everything. Then one day we came home from school and our parents were gone. We waited at home for three weeks until we realised no one was coming for us. By that time the neighbours were getting pretty suspicious so-“ Jennifer stopped “Do I have to continue?”

“Yes!” I cried “This is way better than mine was.”

“Eugh, fine. So we searched round the house for some kind of clue of where our parents could’ve gone and we found a map of the zones. It took us forever but we walked there and started searching for our parents. We didn’t find anything but we did bump into BLI. We didn’t realise that they were the bad guys and asked if they knew anything about where our parents had gone. They’d looked at our bright colourful clothes and asked us to join them. They said it would be quick and that it wouldn’t hurt so of course Danielle panicked, knowing that they wanted to do something bad. She ran off and they got mad so they shot at her. She fell over and they all ran to her and she yelled at me to run and-“ Jennifer shuddered “So I ran off and left my little sister alone. What could I do? I didn’t have any weapons or anything and honestly, I was a little scared. But I’m not scared anymore. Not now that I have weapons and I’ve been training. I know what I’m doing now.”

I knew she wasn’t to be trusted. She seemed to know a lot about BLI even though she claimed to have ‘blocked it out’. And when she got to the entrance to the city, she’d said she’d been running from BLI and they’d just caught her sister. She wouldn’t have been able to find time to train while running away from murderers.

Jennifer’s hiding something and I’m going to find out what.
Sign up to rate and review this story