Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Twisted Summer

Chapter Twelve

by Pandor4 0 reviews

Harry Potter is moved to Severus Snape's home for protection after number four is demolished. Can Harry survive the summer at Snapes home? Prehbp HPSS

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry, Snape - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-14 - Updated: 2006-07-14 - 693 words

-1Cliche
Harry groaned and rolled over onto his side. He could smell the faint lingering of medical potions around him, and then he suddenly remembered what had happened, the lab, the accident and Snape. Harry opened his eyes slowly and was glad to see that the room was dim, so it did not irritate his eyes badly. He sat up, the light blanket falling off of his torso as he began to search blindly for his glasses.

There was a blurry form of a desk next to his bed and he began patting at it to see if his glasses were there. Harry sighed wondering where his glasses had gone. Suddenly a soft voice and chuckle came from the end of his bed, "Looking for these?" Harry's glasses were placed deftly onto his face, and Harry was surprised to find himself staring at his potion's professor. He had not even recognized his professor's voice when he had spoken so quietly. There was a brief silence as Harry readjusted his glasses.

"Um, yes. I was." Harry said, averting his gaze from his professor, who seemed to be amused by his lack of eyesight. Harry did not think he had ever seen his Snape smirk just like that. Like his smirk was attempting to gain control and become a small smile. It almost made Harry think that just maybe Snape did not have a heart made of nothing but ice, until Snape's voice became cold again that is.

"What were you thinking going into my private lab." Snape said cutting straight to the point, his gaze turning cold and calculating.

"Well...you see, I was going to ask you for some potion ingredients." Harry said nervously, finding the edge of the sheet on his bed suddenly very interesting.

"I was not aware you were able to even brew a potion." Snape drawled as he moved to stand up.

Harry's head shot up and glared at his potion's professor. "Of course I can!"

"Believe what you want, Potter, but I know that you can not make a halfway decent potion of any kind." Snape said as he began shifting threw some different vials that were sitting on a table in the middle of the room, not looking at Harry.

"Then how do you explain me getting through potions during Hogwarts!" Harry said indignantly.

"The good graces of the Headmaster, I seem to recall." Snape explained as he carried an open vial towards Harry "Drink" He commanded as he practically thrust the potion into Harry's face.

"Wha'!" Harry explained as he quickly pressed his lips together, preventing any potion from entering his mouth. He would never put it past Snape to poison him.

"If you expect to heal anytime soon you will drink this!" Snape said angrily.

"How ..." But Harry was cut out as the potion began to flow into his mouth as soon as he had opened his mouth to reply. He nearly gagged as the potion made it's way down his throat. "What was that for?" Harry nearly yelled once he had recovered.

"Your health." Snape said dryly.

"You could have told me that before you forced it down my throat."

"It was more entertaining to watch you squirm though." Snape said the corners of his lips curling up while Harry glared up at the older man, not amused in the slightest.

"I will be back in an hour to administrate the next potion." Snape said as he walked towards the door, but paused again to look at Harry one more time. "I don't see why you bother with your glasses." He said simply before walking out the door and closing the door quickly behind himself.

Harry stared at the door for a long time. He had actually just had a semi-cordial meeting with Snape, and they had managed not to kill each other, well, except for Snape force feeding Harry a potion. Harry pondered if this was an imposter come to replace the potion master that he knew while he had been injured. But, Harry decided that he didn't mind. This Snape seemed to be marginally better than the short-fused one he was used to.
Sign up to rate and review this story