Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A December

Bryn left Miranda on our doorstep at seven in the morning "Hey," I smiled, as I hugged her "Did you have a good time?"

She nodded, pulled away from me and ran upstairs. I frowned. Had something gone wrong? I shrugged my shoulders and went upstairs to my bedroom where Penina was still asleep. I kissed her lips gently and she woke up "Well that was the cutest way to wake me up." Penina laughed.

"I wasn't trying to wake you up, I'm sorry." I smiled "I think something's up with Miranda. Maybe her Mom did something to upset her. I don't know." I frowned "I hope everything's okay. Should I talk to her?"

"Yes but if you are going to talk to her now then please put a shirt on. Don't get me wrong you are very attractive but I don't think your teenage daughter will appreciate you having a heart to heart with her while you are topless."

I laughed, picked up my pillow and hit her over the head with it. She giggled, grabbed her pillow and hit me back with it. We had a pillow fight for a few minutes before I sighed and said "Okay, you win! I'll put a shirt on!"

So I pulled on my Misfits tee-shirt and went into Miranda's bedroom. She was sitting cross-legged on her bed and staring into space "Miranda, what happened at your Mom's house?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"What do you care?"

"I'm your Dad, of course I care."

"Oh do you?" Miranda looked at me "If you cared so much you'd have asked me straightaway instead of messing around with Penina. I knew she meant more to you than I did."

I was shocked "Miranda, you're my daughter. You're everything to me!"

"You have a funny way of showing it!" Miranda snapped "I'm sick of her being here! Why has she suddenly moved in? Why didn't you ask how I felt about that? I'll tell you why. Because you don't care how I feel! You never have and you probably never will."

"Oh Miranda, you can't believe that."

"Believe it? It's true!"

I sighed and put my hand on her shoulder. She pulled away from me "I don't know what happened Miranda but there's no point getting mad at me. I haven't done anything wrong."

"You got a girlfriend!" Miranda cried "You brushed me aside! You don't care how I feel about anything anymore! Even the small things like trying to force me to wear a dress to that party."

"Just tell me what's bugging you, please." I begged "I can't help you if you don't tell me."

"You don't want to help me! You only want to know so you can bitch about Mom to Penina afterwards! Do I look like an idiot?" Miranda looked away "Could you just leave me alone please? Me and Mom had a great time if you really want to know."

"Well I hope you did." I said awkwardly, kissing the top of her head and getting a slap on the leg for my trouble. I left her room, sighing as I went. This was all Bryn's fault. Things had been great until she'd shown up again.

"Is everything okay?" Penina asked, coming out of her bedroom "I was about to go and make breakfast, do you and Miranda want some?"

"I think Miranda would refuse to eat anything you made now, no offence." I said, following Penina down into the kitchen "She won't tell me what's wrong."

"I'm sure she'll be fine soon." Penina told me optimistically.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway, I've gotta go to the studio today. Will you be okay looking after Miranda? She doesn't like being left alone." Penina nodded and I smiled. I kissed her cheek "Great, I'll see you later."



[A/N] - Short chapter but some interesting stuff will be happening soon :3 Hopefully...
Sign up to rate and review this story