Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A December

"Miranda!" I called from the kitchen "Can you come downstairs please?"

For a few moments I thought she was going to ignore me but then I heard her door open and her reluctant footsteps on the stairs "What the hell?" Miranda asked, coming into the kitchen.

"Well you were telling me the other day about how you'd never made a cake before so I thought we could make one together." I smiled at her "And then afterwards we could watch girly movies in the living room. Look what I did!"

She went into the living room and I followed her in "What's with all the candles?" She looked disgusted.

"Because I wanted to shut the curtains to keep the world out but didn't want to waste power in the middle of the day since it's pretty dark in here and-"

"It looks like we're on a date or something!" Miranda cried "Penina, why can't you get it into your head that I don't want you to be my Mom!"

"I'm not trying to be your Mom!" I replied, shocked "I just want to get on with you. Look, I love your Dad and I love you-"

"No you don't, you only love me because you feel like you have to. You feel like you have to feel sorry for the pathetic girl with only one parent."

"I'm sorry you feel that way. And anyway, that's not true, you have two parents who love you so much."

"Oh cut the bullshit!" Miranda snapped "We all know the truth! Mom doesn't give a shit about me! Not really. Not the way Dad did. But then you showed up and ruined everything! What the hell is your problem?"

"Again, I'm sorry if you feel that way but Frank loves you. Way more than he'll ever love me, honest. And as for your Mom, I don't really know her so I can't pass comment. But it's not Frank's fault if your Mom actually is unrealible. He just wants what best for you."

"Well you're certainly not what's best for me!" Miranda started crying "You're just as bad as Shayla was!"

"What was wrong with Shayla?"

"She tried to take my Dad away from me. Nobody saw it except for me. Nobody else would believe me, the same way nobody believes what I say about you."

"I'm not sure what you've been saying about me but I promise that I'm not trying to take your Dad away from you. Miranda, please, can you not just try to get a long with me? For your Dad?"

"Oh don't act like this is what Dad wants." Miranda hissed "You're so pathetic."

"I just want us to be friends."

"Well I don't want to be your friend! So get out of my life! I wish I'd never met you! In fact, I wish you were dead!"

I ran upstairs. I didn't want to show Miranda how much she'd got to me. Once I'd locked myself inside the bathroom I started crying. Was there something wrong with me that made her hate me so much? She was so kind to Jasmine, Rose and everyone else. What was wrong with me? If things kept going on this way, would Frank stay with me? That sounds like a selfish question but I couldn't help it. I loved Frank so much and the thought of being without him was unbearable. But would he get sick of all this stress? And the easiest way to get rid of the stress would be to get rid of me.

On that note, I wiped away my tears and got up. Then I sniffed. And then I sniffed again. I could smell something. It smelt like smoke.



[A/N] - Sorry that it's so short again D:
Sign up to rate and review this story