Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > War

I watched helplessly as Lucy left the diner and started walking out into the desert. What was I supposed to do? Run after her? She’d only yell at me to go away or slap her or something. Should I wake up Gerard and tell him? Would he care that she’d just walked away? Surely Rosie would care. If I woke her up and told her then she’d make a huge fuss and someone would have to go after her. But I couldn’t scare Rosie like that. That would just be cruel. So what was I meant to do?

I walked over to the door and looked outside. It was pitch black and I couldn’t see a thing. It was probably freezing outside. Lucy hadn’t been wearing a jacket or a coat or anything. Was she insane? She’d die out there! And going to make friends with the other killjoys? I was almost certain that none of them would talk to her or accept her as their friend. She was quite definitely completely insane.

For a moment I dithered, shifting my weight between my feet “What do I do?” I whispered. In the end I groaned, pulled on Gerard’s jacket which was hanging by the door and stormed outside “Lucy!” I yelled “You need to come back now! You can’t do this to Rosie!”

If Lucy heard me then she just ignored me. She didn’t care about Rosie enough to come back. She didn’t care about any of us enough to come back. I sighed and shivered because it was freezing cold, even inside Gerard’s jacket “Lucy, please!” I called one more time. But Lucy didn’t come back. I had to accept that she wasn’t coming back and it was all my fault.

Shivering, I walked back into the diner and hung up Gerard’s jacket again “I hate myself.” I muttered, walking down the corridor and into my bedroom. I didn’t know what else to do besides go to bed and hope that Lucy had seen sense and came back during the night.



When I woke up it was clear that Lucy had not come back in the night. I could hear frantic footsteps and shouting. I took a deep breath, got out of bed and walked into the diner. Gerard was pacing up and down frantically. He noticed me in the doorway “Crayon! Lucy’s gone missing. Me, Frank, Ray, Mikey and Doctor DD are going out to find her. Tell the girls that when they wake up please.”

“You’re not going to tell them you’re going?” I asked “They’ll worry about you. And what if something happens to you?”

“What if something’s happened to Lucy?” Mikey cried “Gerard and Lucy might not be together anymore but she’s still our friend and we really need to find her. We don’t to wake the others up and worry them so just tell them we’ll be alright. We’ll be back by three, with or without Lucy just to let you know we’re alright. So don’t worry.”

They waved goodbye to me, went outside and got into the Trans-Am “Don’t worry!” Gerard called to me as he started up the engine and drove away.

I sighed heavily. Maybe I should’ve said something. Was it really that important that I’d seen Lucy last night? Of course it was. If I’d done something about it at the time then maybe she’d be here right now, eating breakfast and bitching about me for stealing her boyfriend.

“I’m so sorry Lucy.” I whispered, sitting down and leaning my head on the table.

“Please don’t say you fell asleep there again.” Penina said, making me jump as she walked into the room “Hey, do you know where Frank is?” I didn’t say anything but Penina wasn’t stupid. She glanced outside and saw that the Trans-Am was gone “Oh god, what are they doing now? Besides getting themselves killed.”

“Lucy ran off in the night.” I told her quietly, my stomach tightening like a knot “They’ve gone out to look for her before something bad happens. But they said they’ll come back at three no matter what to prove that they’re alright.”

“But anything could happen to them!” Penina cried “If I’d woken up sooner then I’d have gone with them. Or made Frank stay behind. Oh god, what if he dies?” Penina suddenly burst into tears “I don’t want Frank to die!”

“No, please don’t cry, Frank won’t die!” I said hastily, jumping up from the table and putting my hands on her shoulders “We’ve survived for about ten years now against BLI and we’re not about to start dying off now. Don’t worry about it Penina, they’ll be fine.” I started feeling even guiltier. If I’d tried harder to make Lucy stay then Frank would still be here and Penina wouldn’t be crying.

“What are Levana and Ezra going to say?” Penina sobbed “And what if Miles starts crying for his Daddy? He does that quite a lot. And I won’t be able to calm him down!”

“Frank will be back at three!” I re-assured her “Honestly Penina, don’t worry.”

Raven came into the diner and saw Penina crying “Oh god, what’s happened now?” She asked, walking over and hugging Penina “What’s going on?” Penina sobbed something about not wanting Frank to die “He’s not going to die, he’s here isn’t he?” I told her about how they’d gone out to save Lucy “For crying out loud, did Ray go too? Oh great!” Raven sighed “What if he doesn’t come back?”

“They’re going to come back!” I yelled. The knot in my stomach was so tight I could barely breath “Stop saying they’re not because they are, I promise!”

[A/N] - Last update until Monday! Don't worry, I'll be reviewing :) Don't forget to update heaps for me on my birthday ;D Love Hozzie xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story