Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Little Thing I Like To Call Frosh...

Water Parks and Confessions

by mikeywayismymanslice 1 review

Just read it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-09-29 - Updated: 2012-09-29 - 1410 words - Complete

0Unrated


Franks POV



Time seems to go way too fast after that. I manage to spend a few days with Josh-Just Josh, no tag-alongs-but eventually Mrs. Way decides we all need to do something as a big group. We're going to a water park. (I'm not sure why this is a good idea with how far north we are, but she seems really excited about it). My first thought is to invite Josh. After all, he can pay for himself and even provide transportation. However, as I lift my phone to, at the very least, text him, Mrs. Way gently lowers my hand.



"Now Frank, I understand being excited about a new friend, but you also have to remember your existing ones. Spend some time with them too."



I blush. I haven't told her that Josh is my... Boyfriend? Not officially yet, I guess, but... Anyway I don't think she'll mind. There's just always fear of others' reactions. Maybe now's the time to explain...so she'll understand why I need to spend time with Josh before we go home...in just one week.



I take a deep breathe, "Not...a new friend Mrs. Way."



She looks up from a conversation with Mikey, "What was that, Frank?"



"Josh isn't a new 'friend'; he's my boyfriend."



"You think that changes the situation? He's still not coming."



I blink at her response, void of all the homophobic questions I was expecting. Then I process exactly what she said.



"But...But...Well, what if he brings..." I trail off as she shakes her head.



"This is a family vacation. For its duration, you and Ray are part of the family. Now, this is the first time we're making you boys spend time with us old people. Can you please just be happy with that?"



I look down at the ground, suddenly guilty, "Yes, ma'am..."



"Thank you. We're leaving here tomorrow at eight. I expect you all to be ready."



...



The morning greets us with clouds and drizzling rain. We would have put the day's activities off if it wasn't for the weatherman saying it would clear up by noon. We load into the rental van and begin to make our way to the water park...Which is an hour away. I look over at my friends, hoping for some entertainment. Mikey and Ray are in the middle of an animated conversation. Darn morning people. Gee has his seat reclined and is sleeping with his headphones in.



With no other choice, I take out my phone and send a silent text to Josh, hoping Mrs. Way won't notice.



HEY YOU UP?



It takes three heart-stopping minutes for him to respond.



I AM NOW WHATS UP PRETTY BABY?



I would laugh at that one if I didn't think I'd get in trouble. Instead I just reply:



AWWW SORRY I WOKE YOU UP> ON MY WAY TO'FAMILY TIME' AT A WATER PARK.



AND YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME? D: IM HURT LOL JK



YOU KNOW I WOULD IF I COULD BUT THEY DON'T WANT ME PREOCCUPIED WITH YOU TODAY



WHOS THEY?

GEES PARENTS



HOW SAD



YEAH I KNOW



A new message pops up on my screen, from gee this time. I look over at him. He still appears perfectly asleep.



TELLING MOM AND DAD ABOUT BANDIT TODAY. WILL YOU COME WITH?



I'm touched that he would ask me to accompany him.



OF COURSE ANYTHING FOR YOU :)



Now he looks up and smiles at me, mouthing "thanks".



The rest of the ride goes pretty smoothly other than the fact that I'm pretty sure Josh fell back asleep.



...



Mrs. Way holds out her hand as soon as we're in the gate, "Cell phones, "she commands.



Mikey freezes mid-text, "But..."



"How will we contact you?" Ray asks calmly.



"First of all," Donald says. 'you boys will not be going off alone for at least an hour. Second, we will meet back at the gate at closing. Deal?



"Fine,"we all grumble, handing over our phones. It's still annoying even if I was expecting it.



...



The hour goes by very fast. Soon it's time to split.



"So...what are we doing first?" Mikey asks as his parents walk away.



"Actually...I need to talk to Mom and Dad. We'll catch up with you guys later. C'mon Frank."



We start to jog after his parents and I barely hear Mikey's comment, "bet they're gonna go make out somewhere..." I feel my face flush red.



"Mom!"Gee calls out and she turns around, "I need to talk to you...can we go sit down somewhere?"



"Of course, honey. What's wrong?"



"Sit first," I say, "Trust me, you want to." This earns a concerned look from Donald.



"Tell us what this is all about," Donald says after we sit at some outside food place.



"Um, well...I....sort of...um...got Lindsey...uh...pregnant..." Gee stutters out.



Mr. Way slams his fist on the table and Gee winces, "God dammit, Gerard!" he yells at the same time that Mrs. Way says, "Oh...My..."



Josh's POV



A day without Frank. He's been such a constant lately that I'm not really sure what to do with my time. I pace the room, trying to think of something,anything to do. I end up laying on my bed, tossing a ball in the air, and thinking up song lyrics. It's a little hobby of mine, writing songs that will likely never be played. I mean, I play a little guitar, and Ian dabbles on the drums, but we aren't band material.



I close my eyes for a second and Frank's face flashes through my mind. I think about when we first got together. I think of how he was so fragile and broken....and inspiration hits.



If your heart wears thin

I will hold you up

And I will hide you

When it gets too much

I'll be right beside you



This is what I end up writing. Not very good and way too cheesy, I know. But that's just the type of thing I would say to Frank. He's just too perfect to let him stay broken. And I love him too much.



My door opens slowly, breaking my thought. Mom peaks in.



"Everything all right in here?" she asks.



I smile at her, "Perfectly fine. Why?"



"Oh, nothing. I'm just a bit worried because you've been so distant lately. Do you need to talk? She sits on my bed and looks at the paper I've been writing on. Her face immediately splits into a grin, "Oh, I see. So who is she?"



I tense at the question. Horrible consequences aside, I don't lie to my mom. She's never asked a question that begged for me to. Actually, she's never really noticed when I've been in relationships at all.



My emotions war inside me and my need to trust my mom wins out. I take a deep breathe, "Not she. He."



She blinks, "Josh that's a little strong to be a poem about friendship."



I shake my head, hurt by her denial, "It's not. I...I'm romantically involved with a guy."



She sits perfectly still for a long time, which makes me nervous.



"No..."She finally says, "No, we can fix this," She looks at me, "you're just confused...curious. We'll clear your head and your father doesn't have to know.



I shake my head, tears coming to my eyes, "No, Mom," my voice cracks, "I'm not confused...There's nothing to fix..."



But she's not listening. "What about Linda from down the street? She's so nice and pretty. You guys would be perfect together..."



"Mom!"My shouting snaps her out of it and she looks at me, "She won't be perfect. Iknow, because Frank is perfect. When I'm around him, It's like I've found apart of me that's missing. The least you could do is be happy for me."



She's still again, thinking. It takes several long minutes before she speaks, "You're right. You're right, I...do I at least get to meat him?"



I smile, happy to have my mom back, "I'd be really happy to introduce you."



A/N Ok, I'm really sorry about my updates being slow. There's a sonic wall at my school now that blocks ficwad so I'm having to have my sister upload them via email. I promise I'll be as diligent as possible. Ok...so does anyone else picture Josh's mom with a really heavy accent? No? Just me? OK....



Chao!
Sign up to rate and review this story