Categories > Celebrities > Harry Potter > What could of been

Chapter nine

by chibi-potter-of-doom 0 reviews

Everything is going according to Regulus' plan until Dumbledore turns up and decides otherwise. What would of happened if Kreacher had died at the black lake rather than Regulus. Rated T for safety...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-09-29 - Updated: 2012-09-29 - 1260 words

0Unrated
Longest one by two pages (according to Word)! For Dramatic purposes this chapter is not going to be in Diary form…. Yere I’m so not good enough to pull of this scene in Diary form XD I do not own Harry Potter! All right go to J.K Rowling who by the way is about to get some free advertising, I’m currently reading The Casual Vacancy and It’s brilliant but defo not a book for kids! I’ll let you get on now, full of mistakes that I can’t be bothered to correct, the next chapter, perhaps the next few won’t be In diary form as well, sorry D: While I’m apologizing for things I’m sorry I haven’t posted anything for ages but because I’m back at school now I’ve had a lot less time to write, but I’ve been doing my best, hence the chapter your about to read!
Dippet’s POV
Dippet sighed. It had been a long week and now this! Rubbing his temple to quell the headache forming he put down the letter, stood up and reviewed the situation at hand.
It was a cold, Friday evening and the last thing he wanted to do was go outside, at the very least enter the dark forest alone, there was a reason it was forbidden. He glanced down at his watch, it was no ordinary watch however, it had twelve hands and little planets moving around the edges. He was quite proud of said watch; he had received it as a birthday present when he became of age, it had been his fathers before that. It was half past six.
“I guess I should go down now” He muttered to himself.
Much to the dismay of the chattering portraits lining the walls of his office, he pushed his wand in his pocket and walked over to the door, picked up his cloak and stepped out of the room, slipping said clock around his shoulders as he walked. There was one thing he wanted to do before he left for the forest so instead of turning right towards the ground he turned left, towards professor Dumbledore’s office.
Dumbledore’s POV
There was a sharp knock at his door. Dumbledore put down the report on Fwooper* sightings in the east and calmly stood up, despite the urgency of ‘the knock’ and opened the door. To his greatest surprise he found a flustered looking Dippet, standing in front of him looking like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world. Recognizing the panic in the old man’s face he let him in without question. He was about to speak when Dippet beat him too it.
“I’ve been sent a request to enter the forest” He said in a tone of a man trying to get his point across. “I have to go alone and a ‘Ministry of Magic official’ will be waiting for me to a meeting about…” He leaned in closer. “You-know-who…” but before he could continue Dumbledore cut him off, speaking for the first time he said
“Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself; you of all people should know that!”
He spoke calmly yet he could see Dippet was shocked by the words.
“… Albus listen me” His tone was urgent now, even, was that, fear? “I think it’s a trap. I trust you Albus will you come with me?”
Dumbledore contemplated the request with a slight frown, ignoring the childish tone to the words. He was quite touched by the complement but he better however, then to let it show.
“And what If it isn’t a trap?”
He knew what the reply was going to be before Dippet said it; it was just to give him time to think.
“I will just say you were simply escorting me to the forest. The Ministry trusts you as well as Myself, Albus” He added.
“I suppose there can’t be any harm in going”
Dippets POV
His heart lifted, he knew that Dumbledore would accept but he was still relived to have been giving the answer he needed. He thanked Dumbledore and stood up awkwardly.
Walking out into the corridor he explained in more detail about what the letter had said, this was more to make conversation and break the awkward silence than anything else. By the time they reached the edge of the forest the sun was disappearing behind the hills in the distance to be replaced by a full moon. Both he and Dumbledore pulled out their wands and muttered “Lumos” and the eerie forest was lit up by a sudden burst of wand light.
The air was crisp and cold; it was one of those nights where you could tell winter was on its way. Dippet shivered and pulled the thin clock tighter around his chest.
They stood on the edge of the forest, Dippet having second thoughts Dumbledore worrying about what sort of dark magic, if any, could be waiting for them just outside there line of sight.
Regulus’ POV
Regulus as sitting in the forest by the crude camp he had made for himself and had been living in ever since his arrival in the Hogwarts grounds a few days previously. He had heard Dippet approaching and instantly thought to himself ‘Yes it worked!’ That was till he heard what has unmistakably Dumbledore voice reply to Dippet’s incomprehensible question.
No.NO! Dumbledore can’t be here! It can’t be possible, he clearly had written in black and white ‘come alone’! Yes, he had defiantly written those two words that were so critical to his plan! Yet, there it was again, as clear as the screeching owl perched on top of the tree looming ahead of him. Dumbledore had come with Dippet.
Regulus was panicking now, maybe he’ll shake him off, maybe he didn’t want Dumbledore to come along, and I know what he can be like. If Dumbledore comes into the forest the whole plan will fall apart, I won’t be able to kill Dippet and in turn, the Horcrux. This can’t be happening! He heard the pair draw nearer. What am I going to do!? This is not what was supposed to happen! I’m going to have to decide what I’m going to do and quick! The footsteps got closer. VERY QUICK! This is not good! THIS.IS.NOT.GOOD!
Ok, ok I need to calm down. Right, I’m going to die anyway so I’ll have to take my chances with Dumbledore. It’s now or never!
Regulus stood up.
*The Fwooper is an African bird with extremely vivid plumage; Fwoopers may be orange, pink, lime green or yellow. The Fwooper has long been a provider of fancy quills and also lays brilliantly patterned eggs. Though at fist enjoyable, Fwooper song will eventually drive the listener to insanity. Uric the oddball attempted at one time to prove that Fwooper song was actually beneficial to health and listened to it for three months on end without break. Unfortunately the wizard’s council were unconvinced, as he had arrived at the meeting wearing nothing but a toupee that on closer inspection proved to be a dead badger. Consequently Fwoopers are sold with a silencing charm upon them, which will need monthly reinforcement. Fwooper owners require licences, as the creatures must be handled responsibly. (Source: Fantastic beasts and where to find them By Newt Scamander)
Sign up to rate and review this story