Categories > Original > Romance > Baby, I'm Not Your Enemy

Chapter 4

by Kittenm 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-01 - Updated: 2012-10-01 - 1354 words

0Unrated
I'm shaken awake. When my eyes open, I see Barry standing over me. I flinch back into the bed a little, and soreness begins to spread over my body again.

"S-sir?" The word stumbles past my lips as he pulls back, seeing that I'm awake. He tosses an bundle of clothing onto my legs, a pair of jeans, a fresh pair of underwear, and a olive green shirt. I don't even bother trying to hide myself as I change, not waiting for his answer.

"Come on, there's someone I want you to meet. He may be able to help with the problems you're having." He says, grabbing my arm as soon as I'm dressed. I'm half-dragged, half lead downstairs, where a man/boy (It's really hard to tell, he looks about my age) is sitting on the couch. He turns his head and smiles slightly at me, his eyes friendly.

"Hello. Mr. Stock, sir, can you please leave us alone? I have a feeling Brad will feel more comfortable talking if you're not in the room." He says, his voice very polite. Barry leads me over to a couch and sits me down.

"Neither of you leaves this room. Mr. Sanderson would have my ass if you left, Adam, and if Brad leaves, he's in humongous trouble." He warns, then leaves to room. I cringe slightly into the pillows of the couch, trying to let them swallow me whole.

"Hey there, I'm Adam. It's okay. Just calm down. I know you're probably scared. I'm in pretty much the same position you are, I've just been in it longer. Come on, you're safe." Adam says gently, leaning forward to rest his arms on his knees. "How old are you? Any family that you miss?" He asks softly.

"I'm 18..... I really miss my brother, Matt...." My voice gets choked, tears streaming down my face when I mention my brother. Adam holds eye contact with me, eyes still very gentle.

"How old is he? Does he know what happened?" Questions again. I don't really see how this is going to help. It's just making me cry.

"He's twelve..... He was there..... I..... I...... I love him SO much....." I burst into fully fledged sobs, and I can feel him sitting beside me, pulling me in for a hug.

"It's okay. Let it out. Holding it in just hurts you more." He then pulls back, looking into my eyes. "Brad, I want you to listen to me. Mr. Stock is a nice man, as long as you don't anger him. He's strict, but be good and you won't be hurt. If you fight him, you're just likely to lose a nice owner, and end up with a cruel one. I don't want you making the same mistake I did. I'm 17, I've been a slave for two years. I got lucky enough to find two nice owners. My first abandoned me because I refused to back down. My second was downright awful, I'm not going to go into detail, but I was beyond broken when Sir Sanderson bought me. He had to build me back up. If it wasn't for his son, Neil, being there, it would have taken even longer than it did." His eyes are serious. But I just don't understand, how can he speak about someone who's used him with such love? Such devotion?

"What do you mean, nice? H-he..... He fucking....... He raped me...... Oh god, it was so awful.... He took everything away from me!!" I pull away as my anger finally breaks through. My body shakes from fury. "He fucking hurt me! For doing something that any normal person would do!! I wasn't about to fucking sit there and let him use me!" I scream at Adam, who just stays calm.

"Brad, I know you're angry. I know it hurts. But before you sit and bash Barry, think about how bad you could've gotten it. You could've been beaten right from the start. You could've been kept in a cage. You could've been beaten for no reason. You could've had someone who wouldn't give you rewards. You could've been starved. Brad, you got it a lot better than you could have. You still have reasons to be upset though. They took away your freedom. But think of this as an opportunity, and opportunity to find someone who will take care of your needs, and all you have to do is be obedient. Barry's willing to do that. He doesn't want to break you down completely, he just wants to break your walls down enough to let him in." He says, his voice quiet. He's trying to get me to calm down. But is he right? Does Barry just want me to be obedient for him? "Brad, please. I don't want to see you hurt. Just try to be good, and he'll give you more choices. Don't make it so he has to break you to build you back up, with him at the center. Because he is NOT about to get rid of you. Brad, he does care. Just give him a chance." Should I? I fall back onto the couch, thoughts swirling around my head. Adam glances at a clock on the wall. "I have to go soon."

"Adam? Can I ask you one thing?" He nods, "What did your second owner do to you?" He looks at me, and then his body starts trembling, his eyes filling with pain. "You don't have to! I was just curious!" I say, trying to make him stop. He takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"It's okay, the question just wasn't expected. He was just..... Cruel. He was always awful, no matter how I tried to please him. Constant beatings. To him, I wasn't even a human being. I was an object. Property. And I finally broke and became just that." His eyes are filled with sadness. Then there's a knock at the door. "Mr. Stock, sir! Sir Sanderson is here!" He yells up, and I hear Barry's footsteps thundering down the stairs. He opens the door, revealing a tall blond man. Adam immediately jumps up, keeping his head up, but his eyes downcast.

"Was Adam okay? You didn't have any trouble?" The blond man asks. Barry smiles and shakes his head.

"Since when does Adam ever cause me any trouble?" He says, laughing. The blond man smiles.

"Adam, come on. I have somewhere I have to be, pet." The blond says. I know this is Mr. Sanderson, but I just can't bring myself to call him that. Adam immediately moves towards him, and whispers in his ear. The man nods, and Adam grins at me.

"Bye Brad. I hope I was of help." He says, then Mr. Sanderson (Man that took work) puts his arm around his shoulder, kisses his cheek, and walks him out the door. Barry then turns to me, looking a little worried.

"I think I should give you your reward. Don't worry, it isn't anything dirty." He walks over and picks me up, carrying me bridal style. He walks right out one of the back doors, out into a beautiful garden. It's fenced in, but it's wide open. "You have permission to come out here whenever you like. I do have cameras out here, you will get in trouble if you try to run away. But, as long as you are good, I keep the garden open as a privilege. And Brad, I'm sorry. I'm a control freak. People breaking my rules sets me off. I know I was rough...... And I wish I could give you back what I took." He sets me down, and walks into the house, leaving me alone to look around the garden that seems to stretch for miles.

I spend hours out there. Watching the koi in the pond. Managing to climb a tree. Catching frogs. I don't even realize that I'm talking to myself like my brother is there. Calling out things to him. Calling for him to come look, or get down, or hurry up.

I'm worried about my sanity.
Sign up to rate and review this story