Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Peace

by ukeueue 0 reviews

The water ripples and churns. A series of ficlets. 39 - "Who?"

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Ares,Xena - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-10-02 - Updated: 2012-10-03 - 205 words - Complete

0Unrated
39. Peace
29 June 2006
X/A – on an X/A binge, lately… Sorry. I was meaning to do a G/J one, but it didn't turn out.

Another day, another wannabe trying to carve his name onto history with his army of three smelly social rejects.

Xena inspected her sword. Considering having spent twenty-five years stuck in a block of ice, it was holding up pretty well, but there were a few more nicks in it than several months ago. It was well-made. Had to be, since she'd taken it from him in the first place.

She picked up a soft cloth and ran it down the blade. "Stop it," she said.

"Stop what?"

"That." She looked up to see him leaning comfortably against a tree. Always the one for dramatic entrances. "Don't you have anything better to do? Particularly since I took out your latest project."

"Who?"

"Said his name was Acarus."

"Who?"

Xena chuckled low in her throat. "You're slipping, wargod." She looked up again, but he hadn't moved. He regarded her silently with the calm, open eyes she'd come to anticipate. "Gonna stand there all night?"

He shrugged a wide shoulder and grinned.

It was a strange kind of peace they had, Xena knew.
Sign up to rate and review this story