Categories > TV > Xena: Warrior Princess > Pebbles

Guardian

by ukeueue 0 reviews

The water ripples and churns. A series of ficlets. 43 - "He needs to be walked."

Category: Xena: Warrior Princess - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Ares,Xena - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-10-02 - Updated: 2012-10-03 - 200 words - Complete

0Unrated
43. Guardian
16 July 2006
X/A

There was a scratch on the door, and Xena blinked sleepily before dismissing it and burrowing closer to Ares' warmth.

She sat up when it happened again. "Ares?"

"Hmm?"

"What was that?"

They listened quietly until the scratching stopped.

"Oh," Ares said, pulling himself out of bed. "He needs to be walked."

Two sharp barks came through the door, and Xena pressed a theatrical hand to her forehead. "You didn't."

The door opened, and a grey ball of fur made an enormous leap onto the bed to stick its nose in her face and slobber over her cheek.

"You did." Xena sighed. "Ares…"

She paused, watching him scratch Horace vigorously while babbling baby talk. There was a blue flash, and Ares tossed the ball that had materialized upward. The dog snatched it out of the air and launched himself at Ares again.

"Yeah?" he said, turning his head to avoid the dog's tongue, and she had to smile.

"Never mind. I'd better get going to catch up with Gabrielle."

"I'll see you tonight?"

"Sure." She leaned over to pet Horace on her way out the door. "Keep him out of trouble, 'K?" she told the dog.
Sign up to rate and review this story