Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Letter to trouble

Power struggle

by Justforstories 7 reviews

End of war!

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-07-16 - Updated: 2006-07-16 - 2486 words

0Unrated
"Well, Jay is already on his way here." Odie said happily as he put down the phone.
"Great with the seven of us we will beat Cronus and I need a new shampoo. This one isn't doing much good to my hair." Neil added.
"You mean to say six of us." Herry said dully as he pointed to Archie.
The room fell into complete silence once more. It had been days now. They knew that Archie is alive but he had showed no signs of waking up. Was he considered to be in a coma now? They could not confirm anything with Chiron as they could see another bright orange flame shooting out from New Olympia High. Sometimes sounds of spells and swords could be heard even late at night. (Don't gods ever sleep?) It was quite terrifying to hear sounds of shrieks and yells. (Who had fallen?)
"Well guys time for lunch." Odie broke the silent and started handing out rations as usual.
"This again, can we have something else?" Neil whined as he was passed a miserable packet.
"Hey why aren't we invited to this party?" Theresa's voice sounded.
Theresa and Jay were already standing at the door. They had managed to get here safely after all and sooner than expected. Both of them were in pretty good shape except for some clothes torn and a few cuts and bruises. As they glance around the room they found the rest to be in a terrible state. Bandages everywhere and the smell of medication was still lingering in the air.
"Got beaten up by Cronus' monsters?" Odie gave a grin.
"Look who's talking? You guys are in a much worse state than we are." Jay face broke into a smile.
His team had been alright after all, and then his eyes fell on Atlanta and...
"Archie" Jay muttered as he walked over to Atlanta.
"How is he now?" Jay asked Odie.
"He has been unconscious for almost three days now." Odie said.
"Theresa come over and see if you are up to it." Jay said grinning.
"No problem." Theresa was holding a can of soda she stole from bag and walked over to Jay.
After a few minutes of checking
"I do not know seem pretty bad." Theresa said.
"Can you try?" Jay asked concerned.
"Try what?" Atlanta exploded.
She and the rest of the group had been held in suspense. Jay and Theresa seemed to be talking no sense at all.
"I will explain later." Jay told them urgently as Theresa placed one hand over the wound.
Then a light glow suddenly surrounded Theresa as everyone step back in horror and shock. Then the wounds nearest to her hand began to heal by themselves. Those cuts began to close as though they are stitched up by some doctors. The blow on Archie's back was slowly beginning to heal. It took a long time but Theresa made it. Then Theresa fell over due to usage of too much power.
"Theresa, Archie..." Jay and the rest went over to see them.
"I'm fine. What about Archie?" Theresa whispered as she slowly stood up.
"Archie are you okay? How are you feeling?" Atlanta held his hand close to her cheek.
"I'm...feeling...much better now." Archie eyes opened slowly. The first person he saw was Atlanta, almost close to tears now.
With much difficulty he had managed to sit up though, and then he spotted Jay supporting Theresa.
"Hey you guys, you're back." Archie whispered.
"Now Jay you got to tell us what had happened to Theresa." Odie said with a mixture of surprised and urgent look on his face.
"Ok then." Jay helped Theresa to sit on the remaining part of the couch before telling them what had happened.
"You see the explosive which Odie had given Theresa before we left, had been used to defeat the monsters. We planted the explosive on the monsters before running to safety. However Theresa was caught by them before it blew up. We suspected that explosive and the monsters created a chemical effect which had affected Theresa due to her, being in close contact. Now on top of her original abilities, she possesses the power to heal too." Jay explained.
"Interesting..." Odie said.
"How about you guys? What's your story?" Jay asked.
"Well you see..." Odie started
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"What is it now? Have you found those kids yet?" Cronus shouted.
The giants shook their heads.
"What you useless creatures. We have to find them. Now that my pet has nothing to eat, it has left us. We must destroy those kids now." Cronus yelled.
"Go now what are you waiting for." Cronus ordered as the giants just stood there.
Then they moved off one at a time reluctantly.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"Ok. But what's more urgent now is that we defeat Cronus." Jay said.
"Well then let's get them." Herry said standing up.
"Wait not without these. We always kept spare ones in the jeep remember." Jay said as he handed out their weapons.
"Speaking of my jeep, where is it?" Herry asked.
"We had to leave it at the outskirts of the city." Theresa said.
"Right now we need to find Cronus instead of fighting monsters, Theresa." Jay said.
Theresa closed her eyes and concentrate for a moment.
"Sense anything?" Atlanta asked practicing her weapon against a blank wall.
"He is in the middle of the city." Theresa said finally.
"Great, I almost thought you were losing your touch." Neil commented.
"Very funny" Theresa replied.
"Ok stop arguing let's go." Jay said as Neil wanted to open his mouth to say something.
"Speaking of arguing, I have not heard a single quarrel from Archie or Atlanta." Theresa pointed out.
"Well Theresa, let's just say things have changed around here since you guys left." Odie gave Herry a wink.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"What is it now you imbeciles?" Cronus shouted his back turned against his approaching guests.
"Pretty busy since we left huh?" Jay shouted.
"Of course can't you see you idiots? You..." Then Cronus stopped and turned around.
There stood all seven titans safe and sound. They had all fully recovered.
"Jay and Theresa when did you...Archie how did you...and how did all of you come..." Cronus was shocked. There were a million questions swimming around in his head. All seven titans were here now and it would be his defeat this time around.
"No... it can't be." Cronus yelled.
"Yes it can and it is all seven of us together." Jay shouted emphasizing on the last word.
"Let's get him." Jay shouted as they all sprung into action.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Everyone was panting. It had been a long and difficult battle but Cronus had fallen to his knees.
"The prophecy holds, Cronus." Jay shouted.
"Really, I...still have...one more trick." Cronus huff as he cast a spell on the ground around Atlanta. Then he opened a portal to escape. Jay tried to hit him with his xiphos but Cronus stopped him with his sickles.
"Are you willing to sacrifice her?" he said evilly with a grin and pointed to Atlanta.
The ground around Atlanta started to form something like a black hole and Atlanta was slowly disappearing.
"Atlanta." Archie shouted as he grabbed Atlanta's hand and pulled her back. However the force was too strong and Archie' feet was sliding towards the portal.
"Just let go, or else you will be suck in too." Atlanta shouted.
"No way will I ever let you go because...I love you." Archie yelled, his hand gripping on Atlanta arm.
"I love you too." Atlanta said tears flowing down her cheeks.
"Just hang on; I will not let you go." Archie said with a determined glare.
"Neither of us would." Theresa shouted as Archie looked around. Weapons were all abandoned as everyone grabbed Atlanta, even Neil.
"Neil?" Archie face was in a daze, he had never expected Neil to help too.
"Of course, I would help. All of you are my best friends and we can't go on without one another. Hang on Atlanta!" Neil exclaimed as the whole group started pulling harder.
After being hauled to safety, the entire group fell to the ground as the portal slowly closes. All of them were totally exhausted. Then Archie helped Atlanta up and gave her a hug.
"I thought that I had lost you for a moment there." Archie whispered into her ear, stroking her red hair.
"I am not going anywhere." Atlanta whispered then noticed the rest.
The rest of them were helping each other up. It seems that no one noticed them or perhaps the others wanted to give them a little time together alone.
Jay pulled Neil to his feet and commented, "You were great back there."
The others had a shock expression. Was that Neil getting praised by Jay?
"Of course I have always been great." Neil said as he combed his hair back.
"Just don't let it go to your head." Jay joked.
"Guys, Cronus is gone." Theresa said bitterly.
"But we will meet again." Jay said.
"Come on guys, we need to help the gods." Jay said helping Theresa up.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"Where are all these creatures coming from?" Ares shouted to Hera as he killed one troll with a divine sword.
"Just keep it up. We have to save those kids. I made a promise to Jay." Hera said casting a spell which glowed blue when it hit its target.
"Oh no they are going to the weapon room." Ares shouted as two trolls smashed down the door and entered. A minute later, both of them flew out, unconscious.
"What?" Ares said as he saw seven shadows standing at the door way of the weapon room.
Jay and others had to take the alternative route through the sewage. Archie was supporting Atlanta who was weak and tired after that ordeal. Neil was still complaining away as his hair was totally messy and dirty. Herry was panting as it seems he had exerted all his strength to repel those two troll. Odie was throwing the broken staff away, it seems as though someone had accidentally stepped on it. Jay and Theresa had drawn out their weapons ready to strike.
"Ok. Ready? Let's get them." Jay commanded the team who nodded in agreement.
The team stuck like lightning, tearing everyone apart who stood in their way. They all hate to admit it, but without Cronus, they would not have been together at all. They all learn something from Cronus this time. They were a team and cannot be separated forever. Jay's xiphos was splattered with blood as it hits, slashes and stabs at its enemy. Theresa was swinging her nun chucks, laying it hard on them. Then an arrow came right towards her. Jay saw that and rushed over. He stood in front of Theresa with his arms outstretched, protecting Theresa.
"No!" Theresa screamed as she tried to push Jay away.
Her time with Jay was too short. It can't be over, there is got to be another way. Theresa thought desperately. Then the arrow was blasted away before it reached Jay.
"You can thank me after this is over." Neil laughed as he had saved Jay with the PMR laser.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"We blew them away." Herry said as they saw the remaining monsters running away cowardly.
"Thanks Neil back there." Jay said placing a hand on Neil shoulder.
"No problem. After all I am great." Neil said proudly.
"Well you kids have done well throughout the whole war and I am proud of you." Hera said.
"That's right." Ares agreed and all the other gods nodded their heads.
"We did great but we are not good enough. If I had not gone to that stupid party, this would not have happened. It is my entire fault." Jay walked towards Hera and forced something into her hand.
The MEDALLION with the J symbol!
"You're quitting? No it is all wrong. You were great, without you we would not have..." Archie said astounded, Jay brushed past him and went to Neil.
"Take this." Jay announced passing him his xiphos, "Neil will be your leader from now on."
Theresa held her hand to her mouth. Atlanta was whispering something like no way, tears welling in her eyes.
Herry blocked the door and said, "You can't leave. This has got to be some kind of a joke."
Odie agreed immediately but Hera said, "Let him go."
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
A month later
With the gods' magic, the town returned to its usual state.
"It's just different without Jay, isn't it? No one to keep reminding us of Cronus and..." Atlanta said after class dismissal to Theresa.
Theresa was not listening at all. Her mind was full of thoughts now.
Atlanta tapped her and inquired "Theresa?" her face worried.
"What?" Theresa replied as she was thinking of someone else.
"You miss Jay, don't you?" Atlanta placed her books in the locker as they walked out of the school.
They all know that among them all, Theresa would miss Jay the most as she had liked him a lot. She had been out of sorts recently and was easily distracted by things.
Theresa replied quickly, knowing that she was just hiding her emotions. "No, I'm just worried about Persephone's words."
"Oh. She just wants you to know." Atlanta placed a hand on her friend's shoulder.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"Well Chiron what do you think about my new powers?" Theresa asked excited, proud of her new powers.
Chiron walked to his bookshelf and removed a scroll from it. His eyes were dull and his eyebrows were narrowed. His mouth turned into a straight line and his face was grim.
Chiron took his eyes off Theresa and walked towards the door with the scroll held tightly in his hand "Just wait here for a while."
Then Chiron left the room and Persephone came in.
"Are you feeling ok?" Theresa's mentor asked concerned.
Theresa tilted her head slightly to the side and asked "Never better. Why are you all so worried?"
"Nothing, but Theresa you must be careful. Special powers have its advantageous and disadvantageous. Use it wisely." Persephone advised Theresa.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
The three words "Use it wisely" kept echoing in Theresa's mind until...
"Want to go to the beach?" Atlanta said trying to cheer Theresa up.
She just responded dully as they went back to the dorm. Soon the whole group excluding Archie changed into swimwear and was out on the beach. It was what they needed, a little suntan and a lot of fun.
"Can't you try to swim, Archie?" Atlanta said crossly.
"No way, you will never catch me in the water in a million years." Archie smiled lying down on the sand.
"Who's that guy?" Atlanta asked shielding her eyes from the sun looking out to sea.


The story is about to come to an end. Just hope you like my story! Please R&R as usual
Sign up to rate and review this story