Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > War

“How proud Rosie would be if she knew that her birth Mother was a murderer.” I said calmly, looking Lucy in the eyes the entire time.

“Don’t use my own daughter against me.” Lucy hissed, her hold on the ray gun tightening “Scared, killjoy?”

The weird thing was that I wasn’t. I didn’t doubt that Lucy would shoot me but I just wasn’t scared. Lucy was aiming her ray gun right at my face and I just wasn’t afraid. Maybe it was because I knew if she shot me, I’d survive. I had a reason to survive. But did Lucy have a reason to live? She was trapped at BLI, emotionless, friendless, an orphan. What did she have? I started to feel a little guilty. Not guilty enough to stop myself saying “You’re a wimp.”

“How am I a wimp?”

“Only a wimp would resort to killing me off when I’m weaponless.” I said calmly “If we both had a ray gun then I’m sure you wouldn’t be so brave then, would you? Oh no because then we’d be equals. You want to shoot me because you think I’m weaker than you. But I’m not. So if you want, shoot me. It’ll only prove my point.”

Lucy glared at me again but lowered her ray gun “I just want my daughter.” Lucy whispered “Why is that such a crime?”

“I’m afraid Rosie moved on.” I replied “And you moved on too. What’s the real reason you want Rosie back? It can’t be because you want to be a good mother. If you wanted to do that then you wouldn’t have walked out on her in the first place.”

Lucy rolled her eyes “It’ll kill all my chances of getting Rosie but I suppose I should tell you. The real reason I needed Rosie was because we needed a test subject. Someone for experiments.”

“You will not be performing experiments on my little girl!” I yelled at her.

“She’s not your little girl!” Lucy roared “She is my daughter and she will do as I say! Just try and stop me!” And with that, she turned around and stormed into the bedroom corridor. I leaped up and ran after her, then shoved her over onto the floor “Get off me!”

“No! You won’t hurt her! I won’t let you hurt her again!” I screamed.

Gerard came out of the bedroom “What the fuck is going on?” He cried “I only just convinced Rosie to go to sleep and now she’s crying because she’s scared so shut the fuck up!”

Hozzie ran into the corridor and looked at us. She burst into tears “Please stop fighting!”

“Guys, knock it off, you’re gonna wake all the kids up!” Mikey shouted, standing behind Hozzie and putting his hand on her shoulder.

“Do I look like I give a fuck about the fucking kids?” Lucy shrieked, trying to kick me off her “I want Rosie! She’s my little girl and I’ll stop at nothing until she’s mine!”

“What is she talking about?” Gerard asked, looking at me.

“She wants to take Rosie back to BLI so that they can experiment on her.” I told him in a matter-of-fact voice.

Gerard pulled me up and grabbed Lucy’s white shirt then dragged her out of the corridors. Rosie poked her head timidly round the bedroom door “What’s happening Mommy?” She asked worriedly, biting her lip.

“I’ll sort her out.” Hozzie volunteered “You go and make sure she stays away from her. I don’t wanna see. I hate arguments.” Hozzie lifted up Rosie and carried her back into the bedroom. Me and Mikey went back into the diner.

Lucy was trying to hit Gerard but he dragged her into Doctor DD’s room effortlessly. He sat her down on a chair “Sit down and shut up or I’ll shoot!” Gerard hissed, holding up Lucy’s gun.

“How did you-“

“I said shut up!” Gerard yelled “Who the hell do you think you are showing up here after a year and demanding our child to experiment on? And anyway, she’s not your daughter anymore. She stopped being your child when you made the decision to walk out on us. Who’s fault was that?”

“Yours!” Lucy cried “I would’ve stayed but you preferred Colouring Pencil more than you preferred me!” I blinked. Was ‘Colouring Pencil’ the best insult she could think of?

“I’m sorry that things didn’t work out the way you wanted them to.” Gerard said “But life never does go the way you want it too. Do you think I was happy that I was stuck in that situation? That I wanted more than anything to be with Crayon but I couldn’t upset you? I tried so hard to keep it a secret. I tried so hard to make things work between us, trying to bring back how I used to feel about you. But it didn’t work Lucy. Maybe I never truly did love you. That’s not the issue. We’re not here to discuss our relationship. Right now we’re talking about Rosie and I’m not happy.”

“I didn’t really want to experiment on her.” Lucy whispered, her tone suddenly soft “I miss her. I miss my baby girl. I made a huge mistake walking out on her. I love BLI but I hate not being able to see her. Don’t look at me like that. Do you think it’s been easy for me? Do you think that I walked out just because you were with Crayon? It’s too complicated to explain. But leaving Rosie behind was the biggest mistake of my life. You and Crayon have Finn now. So please let me have Rosie.”

Gerard sighed and was about to say something until I asked “Wait a minute, how do you know that his name’s Finn?”
Sign up to rate and review this story