Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Learn to Fly

Learn to Fly - 30

by Poppana 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-06 - Updated: 2012-10-06 - 3113 words - Complete

2Original
A/N: Wuzzup guyz. Long time no see. If I could just take a moment of your time, I'd like to say a few words...
I haven't updated in a long while. I wish I could say I had a good reason. I really don't. But, thank you to everyone who commented on the note I posted a few days ago! All... I think thirteen of you. Honestly, I was expecting to get one reply and that would've been enough for me to continue. But it made me so happy to see all the reviews, it was oddly titillating. I hate that word, I don't know why I just used it. Anyway, about the note, I just wanted to say something XO It may seem like it, but I'm not one of those people who needs a gazillion reviews on every single chapter, so... I hope it didn't come across like that. I can see from the views that there are readers, even though they don't like to shout it from the rooftops. I understand that. It's just that since I hadn't updated in such a long while, I didn't know if you people are still there. Nice to know you are. I'm happy having even one or two readers so to know there are at least thirteen, that right there is a big turn on. Sexually.
I'd also like to announce that I now know how this story will end, which is quite disappointing. It's not how I want to end it but it's the easiest way to do it. I haven't created a real plan yet so the amount of chapters is still a bit hazy but I'll get around to it.
Alsooooo..... Halloween is soon, which means Assassins Creed 3 will be released, which means I'm trying to post and write as much as I can before then (I will be forced to hide in a cave and not come out until I've finished the game, so yeah).
That's that I guess.
Now on to our official program.

Chapter 30: That special piece of personal hell

School. Yes. We all hate it.. Gia didn’t always hate it, though, but that’s because she did so well in most of the subjects, with the obvious exception of PE. She’s not what you’d call an athlete, she could barely run for five seconds without dying. But during the year that she stayed with her mother, her GPA dropped. Not enormously so, but enough. The reason was obvious; the drinking and partying just are very demanding when it comes to time, not to mention brain cells.

So returning to Belleville High, where most of her old teachers remembered her well and knew her past, wasn’t the experience she was looking forward to. But that wasn’t the only reason she dreaded the first day at school.

“Come on, it’ll be fine,” Lucas said. He was holding her hand, trying to lure her away from the parking lot and into the school building. She wouldn’t budge.

“No it won’t,” Gia sighed, rolling her eyes. Not only did she have an existing reputation as it is (having a famous father and stepmother can have that weird effect of putting you on the map), but also, as Lucas had warned her, his ex-girlfriend Janie had been somewhat popular. Not enormously so, but enough that people may resent Gia for breaking up the perfect couple.

But of course she had to give up sometime. Lucas managed to drag her in, but the second they entered the school, Gia wished that she had never allowed her father to chuck her out of the house that morning. At least at home she could hide in her own bedroom and not see anybody, but at school there were so many people. So many corridors and rooms, it almost sickened her.

“So, I memorized your timetable” Lucas started, his arm around her shoulder as they walked on the corridor. He missed the look of confusion crossing Gia’s face. “And I marked where you will be skipping class with me.”

Gia rolled her eyes. “You can’t even get through one day without skipping? I swear, if you end up as a burger flipper at McDonald’s, I will break up with you.”

“Oh, burn,” Lucas grinned. She smacked his shoulder and he laughed. “I was kidding. Get to class, tiger.”

She made her way from class to class, mostly ignoring the other people who, as she had hoped, ignored her just as vigorously as she did them. But the more classes she went to, a feeling of complete and utter despair and failure overcame her.

Lucas found her in the corner of the cafeteria, not even touching her lunch (which was the suspicious cross of some meat-like substance and pea mush), her head buried in a book.

“What’s that?” Lucas asked, sitting down next to her. He gave her one quick peck on the cheek before taking over both his own, and her lunches. He wasn’t too picky about what he ate, as long as there was a lot of it.

“It’s a book,” Gia snapped, not even taking her eyes off of the thick biology textbook. “You might want to open one sometime.”

“What’s with the attitude? Are you bleeding through your vajayjay again?” he asked nonchalantly, as if asking her what she thought if it’ll rain later.

“No,” Gia groaned. “I am so behind! On everything! On every subject! On every class today the teachers made us take these stupid pop quizzes to test if we remember what we learned last year!”

“So? No one cares about those.”

“I do!” she sighed. While living in Connecticut, she’d been happy if she had a place to get drunk and a way to sneak out of the house to party. Grades didn’t really matter in that equation. Sure, she’d somehow been able to maintain a B- average, but to Gia, who was used to on a solid A (on everything except art and PE), a B- was the same as a death sentence. Now that she was back in Belleville High, the reality came crashing down hard.

“I hate myself,” Gia groaned, trying to read again, but Lucas snatched the book from her hands and threw it across the cafeteria.

“No! No studying! This is lunch time! It’s blasphemy to study while eating!”

“I hate you,” she moaned, but didn’t get up to fetch her book.

“Yeah, but still, you can’t resist me. Who could? Speaking of which, you wanna come over after school? Danny has a thing and he’s out so...”

Gia shook her head vigorously. “No, I need to study. It’s too important. It’s our final year, I have to get my grades up or I’ll never get to a good college!”

Lucas looked like she’d just offended him in the worst way possible. “Hey! I told you! Lunch time is happy time! Don’t you dare ruin this with college talk!”

“Oh crap,” she groaned, spotting the time. She ignored his angry rant about happy time completely, and got up, gathering her books. “I’m gonna be late from history!”

Gia dashed out of the cafeteria, cursing herself to oblivion and beyond for being so stupid. Honestly, what had she been thinking? Having fun while she was supposed to study? What a stupid, stupid girl, she told herself.

When she was hurrying to history class, which would begin in less than two minutes (which meant it had probably already started, knowing the teacher, that asshole), Gia froze in the middle of a corridor. Her brain was nagging her to run, that she’ll get yelled at by the teacher, but her legs refused to move.

A few classrooms away from her stood the one person she really didn’t want to see. Well, the one person apart from Janie, that is. She couldn’t decide who she was dreading to see more.

There he stood, leaning against a locker. Ryan hadn’t changed much.

Ryan was Gia’s first boyfriend. Well, she didn’t really want to call him her boyfriend. It all began with a sack of flour and a school project, and before she knew it, she had been on the back of his motorcycle, going on her very first date, clinging on to him as if her life depended on it (and it did), leaving her father to have his heart issues with her uncles. The brief relationship had of course ended very badly, and she wasn’t at all as fond of him anymore.

Just as she was considering turning around and tip-toeing away the way she came, he spotted her.

“Gia!” Ryan greeted, coming straight at her. He still looked as shaggy as he always had, but he had grown, height-wise. It didn’t take much to tower over Gia, as she was even shorter than Frank, so of course Ryan was much, much taller than her.

“Please let’s not do this right now,” she groaned tiredly.

“Don’t act like you’re not happy to see me,” he said with a grin. “How about for old time’s sakes we go and... I don’t know. Reminisce? We did have fun, didn’t we?”

“Oh yeah, I especially had fun at the part where you bet your friends that you would manage to get me to sleep with you.”

The grin on his face only widened and he grabbed a hold of her forearm wrist while his other hand touched her neck. He brought his face closer to hers, and said: “The offer still stands.”

Gia bit her bottom lip and just as he was about to kiss her, she whispered: “You know what?”

“What?” he asked.

In one swift motion, Gia’s knee bent and went up, and she kneed him right in the groin. In the sudden burst of pain, Ryan let go of her arm and doubled over, falling to his knees. He was on the floor, wincing in pain, and Gia didn’t feel sorry for him at all.

“I’m late for class,” she finished, shrugged her shoulders and left to get scolded at by the history teacher. Oh, her dad would be so proud.

It was really not her day, though. When she got to the history classroom, the teacher yelled at her for fifteen minutes, his face beet red, and then commanded that she go find a place to sit. And of course, the only available seat was next to the second person she really didn’t want to see. Ever.

The desks were arranged in pairs, and Gia headed to the available seat which was next to Janie.

Of course it was Janie.

Who else could it be other than the girl whose boyfriend Gia had snatched away.

Life just wasn’t fair enough for it to be anyone else.

The rest of the semester would be very, VERY awkward, Gia thought as she sat down and Janie drew her desk slightly away from hers.

_____________________

"Princess!" Bandit shouted, using the pink crayon to draw the girl on the paper a triangle-shaped dress.

"Oh? Where's her prince?" Gia asked, glancing at the little girl’s drawing. It was after school, and she was on babysitting duty while Gerard and Lindsey were upstairs, having a small, special moment of their own. Of course she meant to dedicate the rest of her life for studying, but Bandit had promised to be very very good and quiet while she studied. So, while Bandit had scattered around a box of crayons and papers, Gia had her books lying around on the floor. Besides, there was something very calming about watching someone else freak out. Bandit took coloring very seriously, and had violent outbursts every five minutes.

Bandit thought for a moment and then drew a cloud above the princess. On top of the cloud she drew a man lying down with a bloody knife in his chest. "He's dead," she explained and continued drawing the princess.

Gia stared at her, wondering if she should back away from the girl or ask her why she was killing princes. This whole deal seemed like Gerard had something to do with it. And speak of the devil, Gerard stepped into the room. His face spread into a huge smile when Bandit screeched like a banshee in excitement and showed him the picture.

"Good job honey," Gerard said, ruffling the little girl's hair and smiling proudly.

"Fridge, now!" Bandit shouted, snatched the drawing and dashed towards the kitchen.

"Be careful!" Gerard called after her, and then said to Gia: "Would you go after her and make sure she doesn't swallow the magnets? Again."

Gia laughed, and got up from the floor. She went to follow her little sister, but was stopped by her father.

"Wait," he said, and Gia turned to look at him. He was standing there with his hands on his hips and a confused look on his face. "Just now when you got up, I thought I saw..."

"What?" Gia asked. But she knew what he had seen. Oh why didn't she wear a longer shirt. Oh why was she such an idiot. It was like she was asking for him to see it! It just hadn't occurred to her that anyone would actually see the blue butterfly on her lower back. That kind of stuff didn’t happen outside of movies and fanfiction.

"Just..." he said, and drifted off. "What's on your back? It looked like a bruise or something. This is going to sound weird but can you lift your shirt a bit?"

"What? No," she said and backed off in panic.

However, the panicking was clearly a wrong move. Gerard grew more suspicious. At first he hadn't been sure he'd even seen anything, that the blue hadn't really been there, but the way she reacted and the way she'd looked at him in terror when he asked her about it, that confirmed what he'd seen. There was definitely something there, and Gia did not want him to see it. Naturally that only made him want to know what it was more.

"Come on, let me see," he said and stepped closer.

"I'm telling you, it's nothing," she answered. "You were hallucinating, that's all. Senility, you know. Seeing things comes with the old age."

"Why won't you let me see? If there's nothing there, there's no reason for you to not want to show it." With every step he took forward, she stepped back. But just as he grew tired of this little game, Bandit dashed back into the room.

"Daddy! I put it up! My drawing!" Bandit explained in a very excited, high pitched voice.

However, Gerard had other things to worry about. Dramatically he pointed at the blonde girl and shouted: "Gia has candy!"

Bandit's eyes lit up and now when she looked at her big sister, all she saw was a gigantic candy cane made of eternal happiness and rainbows and colorful flowers and sunshine. Gia however gasped in horror as the little monster leaped across the room and crashed onto her. Bandit's attack had enough power for Gia to fall down. As Bandit's teeth sunk into Gia's denim-covered shin, quite painfully actually, Gerard took the opportunity to look at what he had thought to be a bruise.

It wasn't a bruise. Now that he saw it clearly, it was nothing like it. He froze, just as Gia did, and stared at the picture on her skin. The sound of Bandit's struggle to find the candy was the only audible noise as the information took some time to sink into Gerard's brain.

"Uh... Is it... Is it henna?" he asked hopefully. When he didn't get an answer, he stood up. "Gia Micaela Way, you better tell me that's not a real tattoo!"

"Sure," Gia lied. "It's not real."

The feeling of nausea hit Gerard with full force, but before he could fully freak out, he remembered his younger daughter. "Bandit, why don't you go find mommy? I bet she has candy."

While Gia was glad that her little sister had another target in mind, it still scared her to be alone in the room with her father. "Okay, Dad, before you freak out, I just want to say that this was not my fault."

"Oh, someone held a gun to your head and forced you to take a tattoo?!"

"As a matter of fact, yes!" Gia replied, still lying through her teeth. "You see, it was... Uhh... Sean," she said, blurting out the first name that came to mind. "And he had a gun, and he told me that... If I don't, you know, do what he says, then he'll kill me and the one person I truly respect and love so much, which of course is you, and honestly, this tattoo is just a sign of my appreciation towards you. You know?"

Gerard started at her, his arms crossed on his chest, an eyebrow raised. "I see. And what really happened?"

"I got drunk and woke up like this," she quickly blurted out. "But I swear it was an accident! You see, Sean forced me to drink!"

"Oh really?" Gerard asked. She hadn't seen him this enraged in a while. Gerard had a deathly fear of needles, so he would never ever get a tattoo or a piercing, and the idea that his daughter had them was just as disgusting. At least the naval piercing she once took without permission had been removable. A tattoo was much harder to ignore. "Why do you insist on torturing me like this?!"

"You are so self-centered! Believe it or not but the world doesn't revolve around you! Just because I do something you don't approve of doesn't mean it's wrong!"

Gerard clenched his jaw and fists in anger, but he stopped yelling. "You know, one day you're going to look back and you're going to realize just how stupid you're being."

He left, but Gia knew this wasn't the end of this discussion. He was not done yelling. But for now, Gia was glad he'd left her alone, because if she didn't get a smoke soon, she would murdered someone. Angrily, she gathered her books, and headed up to her room.

______________________________

A/N: Hope you even somewhat enjoyed it.
The next chapter is done (31) but I won't post it until I have chapter 32 all finished.... Sorry :D I like to stay ahead like that.
Sign up to rate and review this story