Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everything Is Changing

Planes. Fuck 'Em.

by foreveryours 3 reviews

Fiona gradually, after a long hard flight, gets back to Chicago. She and Mikey talk about her and L.A.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-10-07 - Updated: 2012-10-07 - 1410 words

1Exciting
Fiona's POV

For what had seemed like a day long trip was now coming to an end, I had finally got on my plane heading to Chicago after some misunderstanding with tickets and baggage and had now been sitting in this god damn seat for practically nine fucking hours. I was a my wits end, I was either going to break down and start crying due to pure frustration or snap at the next person that annoyed me.

I had been on the aisle seat for the whole duration of this stupid journey, now and again having to get up for the annoying brat of a child who always needed to go to the toilet and occasionally having the trolley whack my elbow as it went passed. I didn't manage to get any sleep due to a baby sitting across the aisle from me which would constantly scream and wail without fail. The poor mother would try to calm him with a toy, or a bottle of milk and finally sniffed his diaper just to check but this baby wasn't having any of it, I was pretty damn sure he had his own personal vendetta against me.

I wanted to get off this plane as soon as possible, into a taxi and into my not-so-welcoming apartment. Ahh my old, ratty apartment, I could remember it all now, with its open brick walls and heating that would never co-operate, it was lucky if I even got hot water but compared to this plane it seemed like a paradise.

We were finally lowering into landing; I couldn't wait to get off, if jumping had been an option I would have taken it by now. The wheels hit the tarmac runway and there was that suddenly jolt of fear when people doubt that the pilot will be able to slow the plane down in time. I too sometimes felt this but I always knew it was unnecessary, I knew they wouldn't hire anyone without experience of flying before.

I flew through immigration control and baggage claim and was now happily in a taxi, on my way home. I was so tired it was becoming hazard for me to be awake, I felt delirious and delusional; scared of anything that could come out of my mouth next. Soon I arrived at my apartment after climbing a series of stairs and opened my door, surprised that I had managed to keep the key all this time. I dropped my bag in hallway, deciding to unpack tomorrow and closed the door behind me. I slowly, practically crawled to bed, not bothering to take off my make up or clothes, not even bothering to get under the covers. I fell flat onto the bed, curled up into a ball and almost immediately fell asleep.

*******

I was woken up by my phone frantically ringing, I looked around for a moment before realising that it was still in my bag, a part of me wanted to leave but I knew it was probably Mikey. With all my might I just about managed to get up and shuffle my way to the bag.

“Hello?” I answered groggily.

“Fiona? Is that you?” Mikey said from the other side.

“No, it’s not me, this is her kidnapper.” I teased.

“Okay, ha ha, very funny." He said sarcastically "What’s wrong with you, you sound very…gruff.” he continued.

“Wow what a way to compliment your girlfriend!” I said loudly, he wasn't the only one who could use sarcasm.

“I wasn't trying to compliment you, if I was going to I would say something along the lines of, Fiona, you’re amazing and beautiful and basically just perfect, can you please hurry up and get here in L.A. I really miss you, but the thing is I wasn't trying to compliment you so...”

“…Well it’s a good job you’re not complimenting me then.” I giggled.

“When are you coming here then? I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Mikey. I’ll be there soon, speaking of which I really need to pack all my crap up.”

“Not got started on it then?”

“No, I fell asleep as soon as I got home, sorry for not calling last night.”

“it’s fine, it not like I was up all night worrying about you and stuff...you know...defiantly not doing that at all, nope.”

“Aww Mikey, look I’ll be on a plane to L.A. by tomorrow, and then we can do anything you want...after I’ve unpacked into my new apartment.”

“You know, for a moment then I had hope, a hope that maybe you could skip the whole unpacking ordeal, at least for the first night.” He answered glumly.

“Excuse me? I’m not unpacking on my own, oh no, you’re not leaving me to unpack on my own, no you, and all the boys are going to help me.” Slightly outraged that he thought he could get away with leaving me to do all the unpacking.

“Fiona? Really on the first night back? Can’t we just have a small get together at my place and then you can stay the night and we’ll all meet up back at yours in the morning, yeah?”

“Funny, that, you saying ‘yours’ I’m actually going to have a proper apartment! In L.A. of all places! Oh I’m just so excited you know?! I actually like the sound of your plan, sounds nice, okay we’ll do that.”

“Yes, okay, I’ll tell the guys. I can’t wait for you to come here; you’re going to love it.” I could almost hear the smile that radiated off him, when he said that.

I giggled with enthusiasm the whole thought of finally getting to L.A., the place to be for any actor, it was a dream of mine, just hearing the excitement in Mikey’s voice, made me excited.

“Okay, you do that. Like I said I’ve got a lot of packing to do, hey, does that apartment come fully furnished by any chance, I really don’t think I have money to waste on buying a bed and stuff.”

“Err...yeah. I think it does.” Mikey replied hesitantly.

“You don’t sound too confident with your answer.” I challenged, suddenly growing suspicious.

“Well, yeah. I was just trying to remember what the rep said; I didn’t want to give you a false answer now did I?” He chuckled lightly.

“Okay then. Well I’ll see you soon. I love you, Mikey”

“I love you too, Fiona.”

“Wait!” I shouted down the phone urgently.

“What?!” he shouted back, with the same amount of urgency, teasing me.

“You and the guys are picking me up from the airport in L.A. right?”

“Yes, Fiona, we’re picking you up. I could have sworn I told you this. Just tell me what flight you’re on before you board and what time you leave and we’ll meet you at the airport, in time for landing.”

“Thank you Mikey, also say thank you to the guys and that I miss them! Bye, Mikey. Talk to you later.” I said, a small lump growing in my throat, I really did miss them so much. It sucked to be so far away from the all.

“Talk to you later.” He confirmed.


Well hot dog, LOOK WHO FINALLY UPDATED. yes I know, me, a thousand apologies. Unless you were some of the hopefully few thinking: Yay! She's quit! then well I'm sorry but no, I haven't.
Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys! Since, I have become oh so much more older, that meant that against my will I had to move out of high school, where a lovely Mikey Way/David Tennant bass player/Science teacher was situated, and into dun dun duuuuun! COLLEGE! O_O So much fucking work, it's like, read this old English text, do a presentation, write an essay, oh wait, you need more work to do, here have these other 3 essays to do as well oh and guess what? they're all in for the same day, good luck! So yeah guys, blame college! Although, to my advantage, there is also a Mikey way looking student there so yeah...BE JEALOUS! Also, I have written another one shot story, "Death Doesn't Care Who You Are"
Rate and review people! Writer's Block! D:
-E
Sign up to rate and review this story