Categories > Original > Horror > The hunt

Spectral riders

by Lirazel 0 reviews

Please rate

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2012-10-09 - Updated: 2015-06-15 - 657 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was a sunny afternoon and the first day of my fall break. I looked out the window of Radziel’s rented truck and saw a few cows wandering through the field. It was a silent ride and the music was down low and I was just lost in my daydreams.”You’ve been silent for the whole ride,” said Radziel. I’m just thinking,” I said.” Of what,” asked Radziel quizically.” I’m wondering if I have enough money to cover my trip back home. I want to buy some junk food,” I said.” Don’t you get enough of it at my house,” said Radziel grinning.” You are right I’ll leave all the junk food eating too Balthazar I said giggling.”Yeah, demons like junk food anyway,” said Radziel.”What else do demons do? I mean, can Balthazar ever change his eye color? He has magical powers so how come he cannot change his eye colors, ”I asked. “It is hard to say. He is a demon after all. They can look human but have other traits that is not human. These traits they possess cannot be hidden or changed by their own will.” Why not” I asked.“ That just how it is with them. To quote Alexander Roberts “Treatise of witchcraft” ”Yet he cannot so perfectly represent the fashion of a man’s body but then is some sensible deformity by which he bewrayeth himself,” Radziel quoted.”Oh that’s something, ”I said looking out the window. How far is Cora and Rosaline’s house,” I asked .”Not too far. Zachary told me they have some information on supernatural weaponry,” said Radziel. Two minutes later I saw a big house in the distance. Once we got up to the drive way I saw more of the house exterior. It was a old Victorian style house with blacked out windows. Radziel shut off the truck and went to the trunk to get out two crates of blood. I picked up the other crate and walked up along the drive way. ”What kind of blood is this,” I asked.” It is some human blood and goat’s blood. You’ re holding the human’s blood crate,” said Radziel smiling. ”Oh, I am, what kind of human blood ,”I asked.” It’s all AB. Cora prefers goat’s blood if there is not enough human blood. Brandon said it is customary for other vamps to bring a “host” or some blood to another vampire’s home. We’re not vampires though but we have to follow and respect other supes customs and rituals I guess,” said Radziel shrugging. ”Yep,” I said balancing the crate in my hands walking up the stairs. I sat down the crate and then heard a loud and heart wrenching scream out of nowhere. It was not coming from the house but from the behind us in the distance. I looked and saw a spectral type of horse carriages run across the field in high speed. The sound of the horses galloping and the sound of the drivers whip made the fine hairs on my skin shoot straight up. I took a quick a glance at the drivers who did not look entirely human but rather skeletal and ghostly.” What the hell was that,” I said with a shiver in my voice. "Don’t worry it’s just “them” or trooping spirits,” said Radziel.’ Trooping spirits? Are they bad? I mean will they hurt humans, ”I asked still looking back at the ghostly carriages fade away in the distance. ”No they cannot. They are just spirits or “ the damned” who like to reenact the battle or the hunt,” said Radziel. I nodded but was still shook up. ”More supernaturals and more to worry about, ”I said to myself. Radziel then sat down his crate and used the door knocker that was shaped like a gargoyle to knock on the door three times.
Sign up to rate and review this story