Categories > Original > Horror > The hunt

Cora and Rosaline

by Lirazel 0 reviews

Gemma and Radziel go see Cora and Rosaline two victorian age vampire lovers for knowledge on weaponry.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2012-10-09 - Updated: 2015-06-15 - 1230 words - Complete

0Unrated
I took one last look at the field and then concentrated my stare at the door. ”Are they asleep now, ”I asked Radziel. ”Naw they are expecting us, they are awake,” said Radziel. I heard some faint footsteps and the large door had opened with loud crack. There stood a young looking man with long black hair and a small mustache opened the door.” Please come in, ”he said. Me and Radziel grabbed the blood crates and followed the young man into the house.” The house was heavily decorated with old paintings and 19th century furniture. The foyer had a old Persian rug in the center and a large chandelier hanging from the ceiling.” Here I’ll take this one,” said the young man taking the blood crate from my arms. ”Oh, thank you,” I said. ”Did Zachariel or Remiel send a text to Cora or Rosaline about the run in they had last week, ”asked Radziel. ”No, they did not say anything about it. Cora and Rosaline are not fond of texting so they may have called them instead,” said the long haired man. ”I see,” said Radziel. The long haired man had navigated us through the house hallways.The hallways reminded me of a old gothic house I seen in paintings. The whole house gave a old fashion ambiance.It was like I went back in time. At the end of the hallway we were lead into a brightly lit room. Inside the room was two females laying over a daybed. The auburn haired one was resting her head on the dark haired ones shoulder. They were obviously lovers. Radziel had told me about Cora and Rosaline. They were both Victorian era vampires who have been together for two centuries. Unlike other vampires they still retained their old look and did not fancy modern fashion and ideology. They were dressed in high class Victorian era dresses and hairstyles.The auburn haired one had long curly hair and decorated it with a silver broche. The dark haired one had a updo with some of her dark hair hanging. They were beautiful. Their skin was pale and flawless making them resemble porcelain dolls. ”Radziel, so nice to see you,” said the auburn haired one in a British accent lifting her head from her lover’s shoulders. ”Hey Cora, nice to see you Rosaline,"said Radziel. "Welcome. Aww, Gemma please take a seat over here. We prepared tea,“said Rosaline smiling at me. "Malcolm please bring Gemma some crumpets from the kitchen please,” said Rosaline. Malcolm nodded and left the room. I sat down and took the cup of tea from the table. ”I looked inside the cup and saw it was filled with blood. ”Oh, wait that one’s mine said Cora giving me soft grin.”Oh, sorry I said grinning trading cups. ”So, I hear you want to know more about weaponry,said Rosaline.”Uh, yeah. These days we are up against other supes.You know the usual rebel angels, werewolves, demons….”trooping spirits, ”I interrupted. Everyone looked at me” Yes,” said Radziel agreeing.” I see. Even though you fine virile supernatural gentlemen are living together you all still need our help” said Rosaline. ”Yeah we wannabe like a SWAT team of supernaturals,“said Radziel grinning. They both gave Radziel a puzzled look. ”I never heard of such a thing. What is it,” said Cora taking a sip from her cup.” It doesn’t matter. What do you guys have in mine? We need something to kill other angels and demons, ”said Radziel.Rosaline then got up and went to the bookshelf that was across the room and pulled out a old looking large brown book.” Well we do not have enough weapons to equip you all but we do have information on one weapon that may spark your interest,” said Rosaline turning the pages in the large brown book. Malcolm then came back in setting down a tray of crumpets and cookies on the table.”Thank,you “ I said smiling at him. He smiled back, nodded, and left the room. “ The weapon that you may want is the Kenazesek sword,” said Rosaline walking back to the daybed. It was said that the sword was forged thousands of years ago; possibly pre-flood. A group of warlocks who obtained knowledge from demons and rebel angels made the sword to combat against other demons and angels. The sword is said to be invincible in killing all supernaturals without much effort,” said Rosaline reading from the book.Radziel listened attentively to Rosaline. ”So, does the book talk about the whereabouts,” asked Radziel.Rosaline shook her head. The sword had multiple owners throughout the years. The whereabouts is unknown, ”said Rosaline. “It has old runic lettering on the handles. “The old letters spell out “The demolishing sword” it is said to look black in the daylight and red in the dark,” Rosaline said showing Radziel the sword in the book.I looked over at the book and saw the sword which had a rapier like handle and a slender blade. ”Great so what other weapons do you have,” asked Radziel who was getting impatient. ”We have plenty. What about old guns? My father fought in the Anglo-Zulu war unless you are interested in historic weaponry. You and Zachariel are angels you both will be fine in defending yourselves with old weapons. You both use medieval type of weapons after all ”said Rosaline grinning at Cora. “Come on, you guys I cant go empty handed,” said Radziel. “Ok, we have acquired modern weapons and grimoires on how to defend yourself against other supernaturals,” said Cora.” Cora walked over to an old cabinet and handed Radziel a sheath and sowrd. Well, we may have to make our own “demolishing sword” said Radziel. “I took the last sip of tea from my cup and bit into the crumpets Malcolm had left. The tea and cookies were delicious. “Sorry we cannot help you. But we tried,” said Cora embracing Rosaline giving her a passionate kiss. Rosaline then kissed and embraced her back. Radziel looked away in annoyance and what I could sense disgust.” Well we should be going,” said Radziel getting up from his seat.” No need to get upset Radziel, we wanted you and Gemma to stay and play cards with us said,” said Cora leaning over pouring me more tea. ”No, thank you besides it is way passed you two’s bed time said Radziel giving them a mischievous grin. They both rolled their eyes at him. “Well thank you for the blood, Malcolm will escort you out,” said Cora. I got up from my seat,” and walked over to Radziel. ”It was a pleasure seeing you two again,” I said smiling back at them.” Nice to see you again too, Gemma. You are always welcome here,” said Rosaline.” Can I have one of those grimoires? I might as well make my own sword,” said Radziel.Rosaline got up from the daybed and went to the bookshelf and pulled out a green book. She through the green book at Radziel who jumped up and defied gravity with his quick reflexes and caught the book in midair. ”Thanks, ”he said grinning back at them. They then gave him a faint wave and gave me a gentle wave and smile while Malcolm escorted us out the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story