Categories > Original > Horror > The hunt

dark horizon

by Lirazel 0 reviews

Update

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2012-10-20 - Updated: 2015-06-15 - 845 words - Complete

0Unrated
As we drove off some more on the empty highway I notice that the song on the radio began to mess up causing the song to be sung backwards.” What’s going on? It’s not suppose to mess up like this,” I said touching the radio.Radziel looked down and had a concern look on his face. Try another station, or use the ipod “said Radziel. As I surfed through the radio all the stations were messing up with the songs sung backwards. I looked up and notice that it went from a humid sunny day to dark and cloudy. The air that was once warm and humid began to get cold. The cool breeze from my window caused my skin to get bumpy. I rolled up my window and put back on my blazer. I looked at the windshield window again and saw a very dark cloud accumulating over the sky. I saw some lightning and that had very loud thunder following it. The thunder was the loudest I ever heard that it rattled the truck. It was at that point where the goose bumps on my arms was from fear and not the cool air. The radio began to go into haywire. It had heavy static but I could still hear the backwards lyrics that became very sinister. I turned off the radio. ”I did not hear anything about a storm, ”I said looking at Radziel.”I did,” he said eying the dark cloud that was becoming bigger. The comment he made caused me to become more hysteric but I tried to keep myself calm. I looked up again and I could not believe what I witness. I saw horse like figures in the dark clouds. I had to get up closer to the windshield to look again to make sure that I was not going crazy. The lightning illuminated the sky giving me a good view. I saw other figures in the cloud. There were more horses with riders and angels that what it appeared to be holding daggers and other weapons. The lightning strikes became more frequent showing them more clearer. Radziel did not say anything. His face was very taut and concentrated on driving the truck. The sun could be seen shining behind them.The sun caused sky to become red but it was still dark like how it would look during a solar eclipse.The strikes and blows that the angels and the riders were making with their weapons caused the earth to shatter. That was where the loud thunder was coming from. I felt a prick in my stomach and I started to cry. I thought the world was coming to an end. Radziel had looked over at me. His eyes had softened and he reached out to hold my hand” Shh, it’s o.k. Gem, ”he said massaging my hand. I tried to calm down but I just could not take my eyes off of the battle I was seeing in sky. He then took his arm and pulled me closer to him.”Radziel what’s going on,” I said tearing up laying my head on his lap.” Don’t worry they are not going to come closer to hurt us. It’s just a reenactment and practice for the real “hunt”,” said Radziel. “The real hunt”. If this was just practice I did not want to be around when the real battle comes along. The violent fighting and weather had gone on for a good five minutes. It was the longest most terrifying five minutes of my life. All I saw was horrifying spectral fighters and angels viciously attack each other. What I had witness in the sky were things no human being should ever see. The dark cloud began to fade away. It had gone away like some storm cloud. The sky had began to clear up and the fighters began to vanish. It became bright and sunny again. It was a greater contrast to night and day on how the sky had looked before. I sat up from Radziel’s lap wiping the tears from my eyes. “You alright” asked Radziel leaning over to kiss me and rubbing my shoulder. ”Yeah, I’ll be fine,” I said setting up. We drove some more with me leaning over looking out the window. As we passed by a gated farm I saw dozens of dead cows in the pastures. The farmer and his family were looking over at them wondering what had happened to them.”Radziel look,” I said staring at the window.”Sh*t looked like that damn cearb I mean Kieran got to them,” he said madly. “Who’s that, I asked. “He’s this spirit no demon spirit who slaughters cattle and sometimes humans. He mostly targets werewolves than humans, ”said Radziel. I took a deep breath and just looked over at windshield. “So there are more things to fear now ”I said stoically. ”Don’t worry me and the others are trying to stop his type, ”said Radziel reassuring me.
Sign up to rate and review this story