Categories > Original > Horror > The hunt

The nine knockers

by Lirazel 0 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-25 - Updated: 2012-10-25 - 1213 words - Complete

0Unrated
There was a knock at the door. Paul got up from his seat and rushed to the door. ”Hey,’ you ordered one large pepperoni pizza and two large vegetable pizzas,” said the delivery man.” You are correct, ”said Paul.” That’ll be 34.55". Paul reached into his pocket and handed the man rolled up bills. ”Keep the change, ”said Paul grabbing the pizzas.” Dinner is ready,” said Paul. “Is it safe for a human to come near here,” asked Harat reappearing.” Sure, all the supes like metropolitan areas,” said Paul. I put my head down. I did not feel safe after the attack we had when had gone to the movies and seeing the cearb massacre. Paul went into the kitchen and Balthazar followed behind him.” I got up and there was another knock at the door.Harat and Coomara looked up. Balthazar and Paul came out of the kitchen quickly.”Gemma don’t answer the door. Coomara look through the peak hole,“ said Balthazar.Coomara got up and looked.” It’s them,” she said in a low creepy whisper. I began to get nervous. “Good thing Gemma did not open it,” said Paul looking nervous. I began to get scared again. The knocks persisted. The goose bumps may as well be permanent on my skin righ about now. “Who’s at the door,” I asked. “ It is them. They are the nine knockers,” said Coomara looking directly at me without blinking. “The nine knockers, ”who are they and what did they want, I said to myself. The knocks had stopped. ”What do they want,” I asked.” Death,” said Harat in a stern voice that vibrated into my psyche.” They knock at the door and any one who answers will die the next day,” said Paul. “How did you know it was them, and not the pizza delivery guy again, I asked with a stutter.” Their knocks are usually monotonous. Being supes we know all the tricks of the trade of other supernaturals. We had to make sure it was them and nothing else. It is hard for human’s to mimic the knocks though, said Balthazar.” If you would have opened the door you would have not seen a thing. However you would have been marked for death,” said Coomara.”Wow, you learn something new everyday,” I said. “Don’t worry. Just use the backdoor. They don’t ever knock on the backdoor ,”said Paul.”Alright,” I said walking to the kitchen. I grabbed the paper plates that came with the pizza. I only got one slice. I did not have much of an appetite. From seeing a phantom army in battle, to the cearb, a invisible demon, and the knocker, I had a good dose of supernaturals in one day. Coomara came in the kitchen with magazines in her hand.Harat was close behind. It was a fangoria magazine and entertainment weekly. She sat at the table and promptly looked through the magazines. She delicately turned the pages with her slender fingers and would look at the advertisements that featured females.” You still trying to see what is fashionable in this day in age Coomara,”asked Balthazar. Coomara looked up. “I have to look modern. I notice the other women were not wearing dresses during the meeting,” said Coomara. ”You look like a Victorian doll or shall I say even a conservative Christian,“ said Balthazar grinning. The comment made Harat laugh.” There’s nothing wrong with looking Christian,” said Paul.” Don’t worry. Cora and Rosaline wear Victorian clothing too, ”I said.’Yeah, but Coomara wants to be modern and not stuck in the Victorian age like two lesbian vampires,” said Balthazar stuffing his face. Coomara just kept on turning the pages. There was another knock at the door. Everyone was silent .I had recognized it. It was a knockers knock. Paul reached into his pocket to get his phone and began to text.” These knockers are persistent tonight,” said Balthazar.” I have to warn the others,’ said Paul shaking his head. The knocks had then stopped. “How often do they do this,” I asked.” They only do it during “harvest” season. I guess our supernatural presence is now starting to attract all the ghouls and the goblins to our house,” said Paul.” I think I need a drink,” I said out loud. Balthazar looked at me and smiled. ”Oh, yeah. Gemma is getting in touch with her wild side,” said Balthazar.”Are you sure.You know Larry have a quota on his liquor,” said Paul. ”It will calm my nerves,” I said with a simpering smile.” Do I make you nervous, ”asked Harat. “No, you are fine,” I said. Paul sat a cold bottle of beer on the table.” Hear let me get that for ya ,”said Harat reaching over grabbing the bottle. He put the bottle top up to one of his fang teeth and popped the bottle top off with it.” Thank you,” I said grabbing the bottle. It seemed that demons went out their way to make sure others did not fear them. Balthazar was extra courteous and nice when I first met him to make sure I would not fear him. I began to drink the beer like I was drinking bottled water. I was so nervous that I figured I had to get drunk in order to make me forget all what was happening. Before I could get finish drinking my beer I heard a loud screech that sounded as if it was coming from outside . It sounded like a wildcat or something else. It was a high piercing screech that did not seem natural. Paul’s eyes got bigger and Balthazar’s face showed rage. Harat looked at Coomara who was looking up from her magazine. “They just won’t leave us alone,” said Balthazar.” What is it this time,” I said sitting the bottle on the table. “He wants Larry,” said Paul. The thing screeched again louder this time making my ears hurt. “I know he‘s in there. Tell him to come out,” said a harsh voice filled with rage. “Get the hell away from here Kieran he’s not in here tonight,"said Balthazar. "Let me in. Tell that human to invite me in,” said Kieran. The alcohol kind of calmed me but the suppose liquid courage did not make me brave enough to open the door to whatever was outside.” Get the hell away,” said Paul. ”What is that I hear? You’ll let me in. I want to wait for him inside there,” said Kieran.”F*ck off,” said Balthazar. The thing growled. I heard footsteps go around the house. “Was that the cearb,” I asked. ”Yeah, that’s him. Suddenly there was a loud boom at the kitchen window. I jumped up.The glass window near the kitchen was cracked. The footsteps went around the house again and there was a louder knock at the side of the house. “Looks like he’s going into his tantrums again. So typical of them,” said Harat. Of a sudden there was a loud crash and the car alarm went off.”Oh, did he just vandalize the car,” said Paul.Zachariel is not going to like that,” said Balthazar shaking his head.
Sign up to rate and review this story