Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Small Petunia of the Galaxy

Die For You

by FightStriker 0 reviews

I bleed for you, forever I will lie awake, I would die for you, I see the truth, I've given you my heart to break, I would die for you.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-11-04 - Updated: 2012-11-04 - 1413 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 14

Die For You


I waited for the bullet to pierce my skull.

But it never came.

I looked behind me to see Rosalia clutching her stomach, blood seeping from the wound onto the floor. She looked up and made a gasping noise and as cliché as it may be, in typical movie style she fell to the floor with a loud thud.

I looked towards the door and there stood a police officer. The same police officer that helped Mikey and I through the bumpy times we had following our parents' death.

Sergeant Edwards.

Relief washed over me like a tsunami, the tenseness in my body seemed to relax at the sight of him. It was finally over.

"Gerard! Are you okay son?!" He said frantically, probably noticing all the wounds I'd been dealt with. He came kneeling to my side, inspecting all the cuts and bruises.

"Are Mikey and Frank okay?" I asked, ignoring his question. He searched my eyes and gave me a reassuring nod.

"That's fantastic... Now excuse me, but I must take a nap."


My eyes shot open, and for a moment, I thought I was still handcuffed and kneeling execution style, waiting for the bullet to rip its way through my skull.

But I wasn't.

I was lying in a crisp white hospital bed, my room was empty and the only sound that could be heard was my heart monitor. I groaned, why was I in a hospital /again/? I hate this place. Needles and shit waiting to stick me.

A nurse came in, a large white smile on her face.

"Hello Gerard, my name is Cindy and I'll be the nurse assigned to you. How are you feeling sweetheart?" She asked. She didn't look that much older than me and I could have sworn she batted her eyelashes. I chuckled, I guess that means she hasn't met Frankie yet.

"Oh I'm fine, just a small headache that's all. Umm, do you know where my little brother is? His name is Michael Way." I asked her, if possible she smiled at me even wider.

"Oh, he went to school, he said that he knew you'd throw a fit if he didn't go." She said sweetly.

I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest. But then realization hit me.

"How long have I been here?" I asked, unfolding my arms and sat up quickly, I moaned in pain when my back screamed in protest at me for even trying to get out of the uncomfortable position I was in. I'm pretty sure that moan turned that nurse on. She sat her clipboard down and quickly walked towards me, helping me sit up, after I had gotten comfortable her hands remained where they were.

"You can let me go now, thank you Cindy." She backed away reluctantly.

"You've been here for about a week, drifting in and out of consciousness. Is there anything else I can do for you Gerard?" She asked, leaning forward, I'm guessing she was trying to show off her very small boobs, her nurse scrubs were un-buttoned slightly and she wasn't wearing a white t-shirt underneath like I'm sure she should. Now was the time to break it to her gently.

"Have you seem my boyfriend? His name is Frank Iero. Did he come in with Mikey and I?" I asked innocently as if I didn't know she was attempting to seduce me, flat-chested self. Her smile seemed to drop as she stood straight up.

"Um, yes there was a Frank Iero here but he checked out about three days ago. He's been coming in and out of here. He left just before you woke up, saying that he needed to go and get you some extra clothes, since your other ones were soaked with blood. How's your mouth feeling by the way?" She tried to play it off as if I hadn't just rejected her, but I mentally give her a round of applause for playing it off so well.

I moved my tongue around the inside of my mouth and felt the stitches on the inside of my lip, and a little taste of blood but that was to be expected.

"It's fine, just a bit of blood."

"And your head?"

I moved my not needle ridden hand up to my head and ran my fingers through it, my hair had grown quite a bit.

"You guys had to redo the stitches?"

"Yes we did, it seemed that they had reopened, quite wide might I add, but luckily no brain matter spilled out so it wasn't fatal." She wrote something down on my clipboard and started to walk towards the door to put it in the tray.

"Oh hello. Gerard, you have a visitor. I'll just be going." Cindy said and left the room. From around the corner came Sergeant Edwards, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Knock knock. How you feeling Gerard?" He asked placing the flowers on the table by the window.

"As good as a guy can be after getting the shit beat out of him Sergeant. Thanks for the flowers." I replied, trying to sit up a bit more but my back was not having it.

"Don't strain yourself buddy, and you're welcome, Jeny refused to let me leave the house without bringing you some cut flowers from her garden. I think she said they were petunia's." he recalled. Jeny was his wife and she was one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

"They're wonderful, sir. So, care to explain to me what exactly happened?"

"Well, the only thing she wasn't lying about was her name. Other than that, all that talk about being your grandmother was a bold-faced lie." He said, pulling out some papers from the inside of his police jacket, putting on his glasses, he read the information from the sheet.

"According to our computers her name is Rosalia Walton, and she was a con-artist. She had been in and out of jail for years and had recently gotten out of a 30 year sentence with good behavior." He looked up at me, gauging me reaction.

"So how the hell did she find out about the money Mikey and I were left with?" I question.

"She found an old newspaper, there was a small article in it about you two. We tried to keep the media from writing about it, but they still found a way to squeeze you two in there. So he found out about it and tracked Mikey down and kidnapped him. She wasn't counting on you finding where she had him. She was hoping to do an exchange but you kind of ruined her plans of that obviously and she almost tried to kill you. Gerard, do you realize that if we hasn't shown up when we did you could have been dead?"

"I realize that, but it would have been better than her going after Frank and Mikey, because I'm the only one who knows the code, so what use would Mikey have been?"

"Exactly Gerard, what help would have Mikey been? She wouldn't want either of them to talk so she would have killed them as soon as she had finished you. Gerard, you've got to start thinking ahead. If you don't, the consequences could be dire." His eyes pleaded with me to understand, to listen, to know.

"How did you get there? How did you know where we were?" I questioned.

"Frank used Mikey's phone to call 9-1-1. He pressed the emergency call button and let the operator hear him yelling, the phone had just enough charge for the operator to track the location of the phone. And that's where we came in."

A few quick knocks sounded on the open door and in walked Frank. He gave me a meek smile.

"Hey Gerard."

"Hey baby." I breathed.

"I'll talk to you later Gerard, I've got some things to take care of in the office." Sergeant Edwards said, giving me a small wave and closing the door on his way out.

"How are you feeling?" Frank asked me, sitting next to me on the bed. I wrap my arms around his small waist and pull him closer to me.

"I'm doing so much better now that you're here."

"I love you Gerard."

"And I love you Frank. I promise I will never let someone hurt you again. I will die to protect you... My petunia."
Sign up to rate and review this story