Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Small Petunia of the Galaxy

Don't Say Goodbye

by FightStriker 2 reviews

Digging deeper are you trying to find, Find the strength to carry on there is salvation, keep holding, keep holding

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-11-20 - Updated: 2012-11-20 - 794 words - Complete

2Moving
The IV popping out thing? yeah that happened to me when i was in the hospital for pneumonia a while back and it feels like your vein literally just popped out, mines almost did...So umm... I realize I'm destroying y'all's feels. I feel terrible. Though it has to be done. I'm in the works of another MCR story and it's probably going to be terrible but... It's another Frerard cause that's all I'm good at. Stick to your strengths babeh's. As for how many chapters are left... I'd say about three more because I'm skipping months three and four as they would be boring pointless chapters that would be poorly written. So I'm skipping, cause I'm a cheater pants. My story I do what I want. Welp, enjoy babies.


Chapter 18


Don't Say Goodbye



His strength had deteriorated rapidly. At first it seemed like he was getting better, and I was happy. Then one day he started to cough up blood, and that wasn't good. That's when they told us that Gerard had somehow came into contact with Tuberculosis, it seemed that every tragedy was coming in rapid succession, and Gerard's time on earth was about to run out. The one thing that was helping him with this fight was the deep breaths he had to take. Now every time he tried to take a breath he coughed and coughed and coughed, they were wet squelching, agonizing sounding coughs.

And all I could do was sit there and watch him die.

I couldn't do a thing, I wasn't a doctor. I was there trying to support him and every time he coughed or every time he groaned in pain because of his head, a tear would fall down my face, because my baby was dying.

"Try again, Gerard, come on now, you can do this." Jennifer said to him, he was gripping one of her hands and one of mine. He breathed in again and once again started coughing, this time blood didn't splatter the white sheets, it started to pour from his mouth onto his medical gown. Jennifer immediately ran out of the room and shortly after he departure, she was back and more doctors were on her heel. They started to pull Gerard's bed from the wall but he gripped my forearm and looked me in the eyes. His once lively electric green eyes that showed his inner child and glinted when creative struck him for another drawing idea had become dull and dark, his face was sunken in and his eyeballs lied back inside the sockets. He was a shell of his former self.

I looked at him and watched as blood continued to pour from his mouth, the doctors screaming at him to let me to so they could help him, but I think Gerard knew something that they didn't, and I think I knew what it was. Gerard tried to form words and his voice rasped as he tried to get them out.

"I..... L-Love..... You."

And with that they rolled him away and all I could manage was to drop to me knees and cry. Cry like I had never cried before, and pray, because that was something I had never done before, and if God is the man that everyone says he is, then he'll help me.




Mikey had arrived shortly after they had wheeled Gerard into the ER. Right now he was pacing, earlier, he was jumping his foot up and down because I told him to sit. I sat in one position the whole time, legs criss-crossed in the chair, my elbows on my knees, and my head in my hands.

Then a doctor finally surfaced.

I popped up to my feet and briskly made my way to him and Mikey was right behind me.

"Well? How is he?!" Mikey raised his voice and raised my hand to silence him.

The doctor looked down at the floor and rubbed his eyes before looking back up at us. He looked very uncomfortable in his situation and I somehow knew what he was going to say but I needed to hear him say it.

"I'm sorry to say this gentlemen but... Gerard is dead."





It's short yeah I know, but it had to be so the last few chapters were set up just right. This chapter had one name, then I changed to the song by blessthefall because I have recently taken an interest to them (after Craig, with Beau now). Next chapter will be called Playing God by Paramore. It's such a wonderful song and I love it and it fits in perfectly with the next chapter. I love you guys and this story has been fun to write. Catch you on the flip side.


xoxoM
Sign up to rate and review this story