Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

I'm Being Honest

by moocow 3 reviews

Another chapter. Be sure to read the one before this. Not that important, but kind of. Ha. Guess what song this is! Anyways...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-19 - Updated: 2006-07-19 - 663 words

0Unrated
Chapter 17- I'm Being Honest

"Please don't mind what I'm trying to say cause I'm, I'm being honest
When I tell you that you
You're part of the reason I'm so set on the rest of my life
Being a part of you
You tell me what you think about being open,
Without being honest with yourself"


Lizzie sighed, letting the couch engulf her after a busy day at work. She sighed as she turned on the TV to see a repeat being played on MTV hits, of TRL. It was the Fall Out Boy one, where Pete came on by himself and did what Sierra called "An Intimate Interview" with Damien about life, love and what Pete was going through when he wrote the album. Lizzie had never bothered to watch it; she just couldn't really race the truth. But, deciding nothing was on; she sat back and relaxed, shedding her lightly snow covered jacket.
"Pete...tell me...everybody wants to know the story behind the story," Damien spoke and Pete smirked and smiled.
"Let me guess, the album story right?" he asked and Damien laughed nodding.
"Exactly, we as in the entire world, wants to know just what happened in your life that made you create such a powerful and deep record,"

Lizzie braced herself by grabbing one of the couches cushions and pulling her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them, hugging her knees and resting her head on them

"So I guess I'll see you, see you around
I'm spinning, while falling down
Now you know why I'm begging you to stay"

"Well...it started with this amazing friendship with an even more amazing girl..." Pete paused for a minute and looked down, catching his words before he slipped up. "It kinda fell apart when I ignored her feelings and I have to admit there were times when I used to tease her but never knew she took it that seriously..." he paused again to take a breath. "She was always there, but just one day she gave up on me...and my arrogant ways, she pushed me away, and I got so depressed I tried overdosing on Ativan," he paused as Damien raised an eyebrow and looked shocked.
"But when I went back to her house, she just pushed me even more away," Pete rose his hand and flashed Lizzie's friendship ring. "Basically told me she couldn't deal with being my best friend anymore if she had to hide her emotions from me," Damien cut in.
"So, she loved you," Pete nodded his head, scratching the back of his neck nervously.
"And I loved her...but told her a little too late...so I ended up being pushed away..." he paused and sighed, his eyes closing. "And I stayed away, which was stupid, but I didn't give up...which is were the album came into play...I just felt the lyrics running though my veins and I just left like it was what I had to do," Damien developed a sympathetic smile and looked at Pete.
"So have you learned your lesson in a way?" he asked and Pete let out a dry laugh.
"It's more of the fact I didn't see what I had when I had it, and lost it before I could realize just how important it was," Damien nodded, understanding where Pete was coming from.
"So does this mystery girl have a name?"

Lizzie's breath hitched.

"Well don't waste time getting to the point, cause I'm, I'm patiently waiting
For your next phone call, your next excuse for losing sleep again
Tell me what you think about being open,
Without being honest with yourself"

"Yeah, she does..." Pete paused and smiled before parting his lips to speak. "Elizabeth Valentine..."

"Cause I can't stop it now,
It's so amazing how,
I know I cant, I could never walk away.

Please don't mind what I'm trying to say, cause I'm, I'm being honest"
Sign up to rate and review this story