Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

Embers

by moocow 2 reviews

Well, this is the second to last chapter. yep. I know. Trdgic aint it? Kinda scares you, becuase the last few just seemed so sad, well, I was forced by my friend and bottle of Ativan not to kill a...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-19 - Updated: 2006-07-20 - 601 words

0Unrated
disclaimer:/I do not own any of the charachters, and if I did, I'm sure Patrick would be tied down to my bed by now...anyways. Please, if you are in any way tied to Fall Out Boy, as in you work with them, are close friends or actualy are the guys themselves, then...please don't sue. But, if you like the story...EMAIL ME!!!!! hehe/


Chapter 18- Embers

"We write to apologize.
We ask to look past life as it goes by.
I know you have sacrificed time,
life, love, time to fly.
Please consider all things trite,
forgiveness will be the thing that gets us by.
I know to have something like this broken is hard to fix"


Lizzie sat at her piano bench, in her pajamas and hoodie, silently playing a new tune she picked up a few days ago. Sighing, she bit her lip in thought then skewed her mouth to one side, felling empty of inspiration.
"It's nice to know you still play," Lizzie widened her eyes and shot her head back to see Patrick standing at the base of her basement stairs, hands stuffed in his front pockets, hat shifted a little to one side.
"I really need to start locking that door," Lizzie muttered and Patrick placed one of his hands over his heart.
"Ouch," he smiled as he walked over, scooping Lizzie up into a hug. "Lizzie...I missed you almost as much as Pete has," Lizzie slightly frowned but the widened her eyes, her gaze lifting back up to Patrick's.
"Does he know you're here?" she asked quickly, scared out of her mind.
"No," he lied and Lizzie believed him. Patrick was a fabulous liar, and not even Pete could see through them.

"Embers, we're burning bridges down.
Oh! Envelopes stuffed with feelings found.
To write this down as means to reconcile"


"Patrick, what are you really doing here?" Lizzie asked as she grabbed the tub of ice cream and two spoons.
"I came to catch up, and bury you in guilt...but first, the ice cream," Lizzie giggled as Patrick stole the spoon and dug it into the new tub, breaking it's flat surface and taking one big scoop into his mouth.
"Ok, Patrick...now with the guilt," Lizzie mentioned and Patrick sighed.
"You broke Pete's heart," Lizzie looked away and sighed.
"Yeah I know," she paused, looking back up at the hat clad man. "But he broke mine," Patrick sighed, disappointed.
"Yeah I know...it's just I hate seeing you both like this, lonely, depressed, and heartbroken..." Patrick paused. "I want to go back to the days where Pete jumped off rooftops and you were backstage, ready to unleash giant hugs," Lizzie smiled and opened her arms.
"Patrick...you don't think I want that back too?" she paused as he shifted to hug her. "But...we have to look to the future, and hope for the best," Patrick smirked as they broke away.
"You need to get some fresh air," he laughed as Lizzie rolled her eyes.
"Why?" she asked and Patrick bit his lip.
"You're starting to sound like Pete..." Lizzie smiled and nodded.
"I'm up for a walk...you stay here," Patrick shrugged and stole the ice cream from the table.
"More ice cream for me," Lizzie smiled as she grabbed her black hoodie and gloves and headed out the door, the cold air instantly hitting her neck and cheeks.

"If all is said and done and over,
if we don't have to, we're not gonna.
Make the change, it's worth the try.
What's broken can be fixed tonight..."
Sign up to rate and review this story