Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > You Are The Reason I Can't Control Myself.

A Wetter Place

by Echelonkid30 0 reviews

Mikey finds out the horrible truth during a car journey.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2012-11-22 - Updated: 2012-11-22 - 768 words

0Unrated
Gerard got into his black Trans Am quickly, slamming the door behind him, and putting a key into the ignition, starting the engine. Mikey got into the passenger’s seat next to him, and sat with his legs crossed and his hands on his lap. Gerard was very aggressive when he drove and made a U-turn out of the street Jared lived on, and raced down the street, taking no notice of the speed limit.

“See, I told you it would be easy. They’re all weak; we just have to use a little coercion, that’s all. That’s why Frank is dead.” Gerard grinned, his hands holding the steering wheel tightly.

“Wha-what?” Mikey stuttered, his heart pounding all of a sudden.

Gerard realised that he hadn’t told Mikey that he had killed Frank, his so-called best friend.

“I suppose he’s in a better place now. The river, actually. It might not be better, but it is wetter.”

Mikey was so shocked, he couldn’t even speak. His brother was a murderer. A murderer? No, this couldn’t be true. He shook his head as Gerard kept his eyes on the road, he didn’t really believe in violence and he never meant to hurt anyone, but he was scared of Gerard and that was why he always did as he was told. He knew what he was capable of, he had experienced it first-hand and never wanted to get on the wrong side of his brother again.

“Mikey, I need you to call Rose. Ask her if Jared and Shannon are at her hotel, and get her to keep them apart. Shannon will protect Jared, and he’ll end up being a problem.”

Mikey nodded, reluctant to do as he was being told. Gerard was nuts. He took his phone from his pocket, his hands trembling, and searched for Rose’s number and pressed the green ‘call’ button, putting her on speakerphone. His heart started beating quicker, he was very nervous. Someone answered after the third ring, a sweet, enthusiastic female voice.

“Hello?”

“Rose, hi.” Mikey replied awkwardly, holding his phone out so that Gerard could hear too.

Gerard was watching him, his hazel eyes fixed on his younger brother’s. This was adding more pressure, this couldn’t go wrong or Gerard would kill him, the way he killed Frank. The nervous smile on Gerard’s lips and the hopeful look in his eyes scared him more than anything.

“Mikey! Sweetie, how are you?”

How am I? Everything is fucked, my brother is an evil, murdering psychopath. He’s going to kidnap an innocent, vulnerable man, to force him to take drugs and use him as his sex toy! No, no. I’m fine. I’m great.

“I’m great. Rose, I need to ask you for a favour. Are Jared and Shannon Leto in your hotel?”

Gerard shot him a look, as if to say ‘if you don’t find out, I’ll kill you too’. He had a way of changing his facial expressions very quickly and convincingly, so there was no need to talk. Mikey was his brother, and he knew this all too well. He usually got the ‘guilt’ face.

“Yes, they are. Shannon’s meeting me for a drink, if you know what I mean.”

Unfortunately, Mikey knew exactly what she meant. She had a habit of ‘meeting people for drinks’.

“Oh, great. We’re just about to pull into the parking lot. See you later.”

“See you in a bit, sweetheart.”

Gerard pulled into the hotel parking lot and turned off the roaring engine of his car, his pride and joy. Mikey had made the phone call to Rose, explaining the plan, and she had agreed to help. She didn’t really like Shannon at all. Rose had a way of wrapping people around her little finger, and she knew that she had Shannon exactly where she wanted him. As with all the men she seduced, she would spike their drinks with rohypnol and use them for their bodies. An awkward silence passed as they both strolled along and the path and made their way into the hotel, Gerard’s hand brushing Mikey’s.

“Are you clear on everything?” Gerard asked, pushing his way through the revolving doors.

“Rose is going to be occupying Shannon, so he won’t fuck up our plan.”

“Good. We’ll go upstairs, then.” Gerard commanded, his plan was very well thought out, and he wanted everything to be perfect. “And if you dare try and ruin this, I will end you.”
Sign up to rate and review this story