Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm just a girl and I've been stood up... again.

Chapter 10, Am I more than you bargained for?

by ive_been_sporked 1 review

Da-da-DA-dada-daDA.....TEQUILA!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-11-27 - Updated: 2012-11-27 - 1944 words

1Moving
A/N: Hi everyone. I'm not going to list a bunch of reasons as to why I haven't updated in a few months, but I am really sorry. Life happens, ya know? If you would like me to list all my issues since July, I will do that for you. Please message me. I will try my best to keep going from this point on. For my lovely readers, I found a gem hiding in an old account. It's a Harry Potter one-shot. If you want a little fluffy treat, please enjoy. Anyways, less me, more Patrick! ^.^


~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~


Since my apartment is way closer than my mom's place, we dropped Ashley off there. After I had Patrick set her in my bed, I asked him to wait in the living room for a moment. As quickly as I could with my drunk hands, I removed my sisters shoes and pants and tucked her underneath the covers. I looked at her fondly and stuck my tongue out at her.

"I'm going to have midnight dinner... lunch... breakfast?...food with Patrick! And what are you doing?? Huh? Huh... That's right, you're sleeping alone in your big sister's bed! HA! Suck it!" I did a victory jig towards the door, spinning once more towards Ashley to give her one last wicked grin while I pulled the door closed. I was laughing giddily while I shut the door, stumbling slightly into the living room. I try to keep myself mildly composed in front of this wonderful man sitting on my couch. I pause and look at him quietly before he turns his head to me. A smile comes onto my blushing face and I walk with, what I hope looks like, grace.

"Umm, ready?" I ask awkwardly as Patrick stands from my couch.

"For?" Patrick asks with a sly smile. My face is instantly fire red.

For?...um food? what is he thinking?!?! My sister is in the next room!! Oh my god, does he think just because I'm drunk and awake that he's going to get some.... blush well, maybe..

"...for?" I manage to squeak out this one syllable. A chuckle he was obviously trying to hold back escaped Patrick's lips.

"For dinner...lunch...breakfast? I think we should call it a midnight snack, hows that sound?" His face is in full out laugh mode.

I. am. mortified.

My body is frozen while Patrick is trying to keep himself together five feet from me.

"Um, I, ...lots of tequila. I'm not normally....um... this weird?" Thoughts are coming and going so fast through my head that I don't even know what I'm saying at this point. All I know is that Patrick is so handsome when he's smiling. My embarrassment quickly disappears with his laughter and soon we're both clutching our sides. A small amount of time goes by and soon, we're grinning at each other and wiping our faces of tears.

"Yes, I'm ready." Patrick finally states.

~~~~*~~~~

"We really do have to stop meeting like this, or I'm going to owe you for the rest of my life." I wave a french fry around as I talk, obviously still buzzing from the tequila.

Patrick and I were currently sitting at a diner somewhere. I honestly couldn't tell you where because the whole drive here consisted of me flipping through Patrick's ipod saying,"oooh I like this song." and then seeing the next song on the list and clicking play saying,"oooh I like this song." Seriously, if I were him, I would have slapped my drunk ass.

"Well I guess you could just come over and do my dishes then." His laughter rings in my ears and I follow suit.

"Yea, we'll see about that." We smile shyly at each other and go back to our food.

"Can I ask you something personal?" Patrick asks suddenly as we're nearing the end of our meal.

"Sure"

"I know we don't really know each other very well yet, but you seem pretty easy going and nice." He paused for a moment contemplating his next thought.

"Was that a question?" I ask seriously, then to myself. "Am I still drunk?" I'm rewarded with a small grin from the beautiful man across from me.

"Sorry, I just don't want you to take this the wrong way. I was just curious about why I never hear you talk about your friends or anything, just your sister and your mom." Patrick's face gains a pink hue and he looks at me nervously.

"Oh, well..." I pause. I really don't want pity from him, but I don't want to lie either.

"I just don't really have any. I have the people I work with and my family. That's just how it is I guess." I say nonchalantly. It's something that doesn't really bother me, but for some reason it bothers other people. I try to ignore the sadness in Patrick's eyes and continue eating my burger.

"Oh...what about high school?" he asks quietly.

"Yea, I had some friends is high school. I mean who doesn't have at least one friend in high school. They just all kinda stopped talking to me... ya know, people drift apart, that kinda thing I guess."

"What do you mean they stopped talking to you? I'm sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to." His face was once again burdened by that blush.

"No, it's okay. I don't really know what happened. I'll give you an example though. My best friend and I spent literally every weekend together that we didn't have to work. It didn't matter where the other one lived, one of us would commute and we would hang out and go to parties and dance clubs and not talk to anyone else just party and relax. No matter what kind of week we had, we could always look forward to the weekend.

After college she got this a-hole boyfriend who thought I was a bad influence and told her she should spend more time with him. Which I agreed with in the beginning, because you should spend time with your partner. Of course you should. So we spent less time together, which I was fine with, but it came to the point where I couldn't even talk on the phone with her without him telling her to hang up. So eventually she told him to screw off and she moved out and we were back to hanging out all the time and talking like nothing had ever happened. Then about one year after that we were suppose to hang out but I got called into work, so I called her and left a message and I haven't heard from her since."

I finish my lemonade and the last of my fries while Patrick starred at me. The silence dragged out and I started to feel uncomfortable. I was about to say something when he finally spoke up.

"What? What do you mean you haven't heard from her since? Is she okay? What?"

"She's fine, at the time I worked with her mom. Nothings wrong, she just refuses to talk to me for some reason and won't tell me why. She changed her phone number and moved out of her apartment and got a different job. Just like that. I know it's probably dumb, but I haven't really wanted friends after that." My shoulders shrugged slowly. I was starting to want this conversation to be over.

"Wow...I'm sorry, I don't really know what to say right now."

"Me either. Can we talk about something else now?" My eyes did so well this whole time, but hearing the pity in his voice has sent my emotions over board. Tears began to well up, and the last thing I wanted was to cry right now. Not when this night had been going so great.

"Of course," Patrick put a smile on his face that made my heart jump start into my throat. "Want to head out, I have a lunch date tomorrow, er, today, in about 7 hours."

A laugh finds its way out of my mouth just as a tear makes its way down my cheek. I wipe it away quickly, hoping Patrick hadn't noticed.

"Sure, I also have something tomorrow in about 7 hours." I say as though its a complete coincidence. That smile returns to his face as he leaves his booth and helps me out of mine.

The drive back to my place was mostly silent. I think Patrick was still thinking about my non-friend issues. Really in the whole of things, I'm still just as confused as I was the day I realized that she was never going to talk to me again. So if Patrick has some kind of genius breakthrough and can tell me what happened, I'll give in a million dollars.

We pull up outside my apartment building and I hesitate to get out for a moment, I know this wasn't really a date, but a part of me is wishing for a little kissage. I decide that today is not the day and turn to say goodnight. I look left and find an empty seat next to me. Starring at the drivers seat, I demanded answers with my eyes. I swear Patrick was just next to me, I mean he was driving the car right?

Suddenly my door opened on it's own and caused me to nearly jump into the drivers side.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asked worriedly, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh my gosh, it's okay. I think I may have peed my pants though. I guess I was really zoned out there for a minute." A high pitched nervous laugh came from me as I got out of the car.

"It's fine, I just thought that I should walk you up, its pretty late. I wouldn't feel right letting you go by yourself."

"Oh, thank you."

Composing myself, I walk with Patrick up the front stairs and into my building, only having a small argument with the front lock. In the elevator, Patrick starts to say something then decides against it. Then changes his mind again.

"I just want to let you know that I won't even do what your friend did. This probably sounds dumb right know since we don't really know each other well yet, but I consider you my friend and I keep my friends for life. I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to be afraid to be my friend." At the end of his little speech, Patrick is looking at me very seriously. His eyes were looking into mine and I thought I was falling, but sadly it was just the elevator coming to a stop at my floor. My throat clenched and I swallowed hard as I walked out into the hallway.

No more words were said as we walked down the short way to my door. I fumbled with my keys, my eyes were blurry from lack of sleep and tequila and Patrick, mostly Patrick. I paused and closed them, taking a deep breath. When I opened them, I half expected him to be gone, having walked to safely to my door, his gentlemanly duty was done; but there he was waiting patiently for me to get it together.

My body couldn't take it anymore, I didn't know how he would respond. I didn't know if I should or if it would mean anything more than an exhausted girl with too many emotions, but I did it anyway.

I faced him and leaned forward, slowly and neatly placing my lips on his.
Sign up to rate and review this story