Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Heart can Only Break so Much

Parents and Decisions

by tmbfucks 5 reviews

Just for a week? I'll be good. I promise.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-11-27 - Updated: 2012-11-28 - 1291 words

0Unrated
‘Who’s Bonnie?’ LynZ asked.

‘Audrey’s mum. Crap. She’s going to be pissed. I ruined everything. Now Audrey’s going to ask me all these questions.’ I groaned.

‘Okay, it’s alright. Zeke, could you tell the bodyguard to ask for these people?’ LynZ asked him as she stroked my hair. That felt like the best thing in the world. A mother and daughter bonding session. I love her. Zeke walked out of the room. ‘Listen, I should probably call Gerard. He’s going to be hearing a lot of things, and I want him to hear it from me first.’ She said. I nodded my head in understanding. Zeke came back in giving me a cup of water. I smiled at him gratefully and sipped it.

‘Thank you for everything.’ I said to him.

‘You would have done it for me too. In fact, you would have made sure you were there. You love that drama.’ He teased. I giggled.

‘Yeah, that’s probably true.’ I said. We giggled until we heard LynZ start to speak.

‘Hey Gee. Is everything alright?’ She asked. I could hear a really faint voice from the phone, but I knew who it was. ‘Yeah. I’m… I’m okay. Listen, you’re probably going to hear a lot of stuff about the London tour, and I need you to hear it from me first. You know I told you about my baby?’ She asked him. We could hear the voice again.

‘It’s alright.’ Zeke said.

‘Well, Penina’s backstage with me right now. She found me.’ She said into the phone. There was a short mumble, and LynZ breathed in deeply and gave me the phone slowly. ‘He wants to talk to you.’ I took the phone. I was shaking. What if he was going to shout at me? What if he threatened me? I couldn’t bear it.

‘Hello?’ I asked.

’Penina? Is that you?’ He asked. I nodded my head, then realised he couldn’t see me.

‘Yeah.’ I answered.

’Are you okay? Is anyone else with you? LynZ will look after you until your parents get there. I promise.’ He said.

‘I honestly don’t think I am okay. Zeke is with me, and Bonnie, Audrey and Jessie should be here soon. I know you don’t know who they are, but that’s not the point. I know she will, but that’s it. I doubt she’ll want to see me after this. I’ve ruined everything.’ I said.

’Now you listen to me. You haven’t ruined anything. You’re my stepdaughter. You’re also a kid who loves our bands, so that makes you awesome. I would be more than happy to know you, and I will talk to LynZ about it.’ He said. I felt more than taken aback. He wants to know me? I’ve wanted to know him for years.

‘What?’ I asked.

’You heard me. Pass me back on. I’ll talk to you later.’ He said. I handed it back to her. LynZ looked quite shocked too. After a bit of a heated discussion, she hung up the phone and sat down. There was a knock on the door at that moment.

‘Come in.’ LynZ said. Audrey, Bonnie and Jessie came in. They all looked excited that they were invited backstage, but especially Audrey. She was even more excited that she might get to do this more often because she knows me.

‘Hi LynZ. I love you so much!’ She squealed. LynZ smiled sweetly at her.

‘It’s nice to meet you. Um, listen, Penina isn’t going to leave with you tonight. I have to talk to her parents, and I just really need to speak to her. I’ll sign and give you all the things you want. Within reason anyway.’ She explained.

‘Why is Penina staying here?’ Bonnie asked.

‘It’s up for her to tell you.’ She said. I looked up at them.

‘LynZ’s my mum, and I just told her who I was.’ I explained. Audrey looked more shocked than anyone, and Bonnie looked a bit frustrated with LynZ.

‘Are you sure you should do that? I mean, you barely know her.’ Bonnie said.

‘Shut up mum. Let her do what she wants.’ Audrey said. ‘Can I have a hug?’ She asked LynZ. She nodded her head and gave my friend a squeeze. She then gave them all the merchandise and signings that were humanly possible, and then they left. Apparently they got the bassist from Taking Hayley to cover for her.

‘Listen, Gerard told me that he would be happy for you to come to America with us for a bit, but I don’t know about it.’ She told me.

‘Please. Just, please let me get to know you. You’re my mum. Just for a week? I’ll be good. I promise.’ I said. She giggled. I frowned. ‘What’s so funny?’

‘It’s just, a few years ago, when you must’ve been 10 maybe, I imagined you coming back to our house after a day at school on a Friday, and asking me to have you friend over for a sleepover. Every time you would yell “We’ll be good. I promise.” Every single time.’ She explained.

‘Did you ever regret it?’ Zeke asked carefully. LynZ nodded her head.

‘I regretted it more than anything, but I knew it was for the best. I just couldn’t look after you Penina. It was too hard. I was a child myself. Literally. I was a child in a 21 year olds body. I would go out drinking all the time. When I found out I was pregnant I stopped drinking and reality slapped me in the face like a sassy gay man. I knew I had to give you up. It’s not like I had a choice anyway. My mum would never have let me keep you. I was still living at her house, and babies are really expensive. It’s not like we had a lot of money, so as much as I hated it, I gave you away.’ She said.

‘I really want you to be my mum now though. Why can’t you?’ I asked.

‘Because, you have parents already. They looked after you and paid for you and did all the things I couldn’t. We probably loved you the same amount though.’ She answered.

‘Can’t we just go for a test run or something? See how it goes? I could still see them sometimes. I have sisters that I love, but not as much as I would love you. Please?’ I begged until I could feel tears threatening to fall from my eyes. She sighed.

‘We’ll speak to your parents. Even then, there’s still a lot to consider.’ She said.

‘I’ll take the chance. Just please let me know you?’ I asked. She gave me a hug.

‘We’ll see my love.’ She answered. I cried onto her clothes. I love my mum. I love her to bits. It shouldn’t be this hard though. Should it?

I've got a case of the tired's. It's 40 past midnight here in rainy cold London, so yeah... BRRRR!!! Haha. :O My new drama teacher was in EastEnders. Haha! I don't even watch it. He's been in loads of stuff! My god! He was in The Bill, Casualty, Holby City, and a few movies. But, unlike my old teacher, he hasn't yet been in Doctor Who. We shall have to force him to go there someday. Haha. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter even though it's really late, and Rate and review!!! XD xx
Sign up to rate and review this story