Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burning In Hell

“Mommy says you can’t come home anymore.”

by TheBelittled 0 reviews

Courtney decides to patch things up with her mother.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-12-09 - Updated: 2012-12-10 - 894 words

0Unrated
By the time it was May and all the seniors were starting their summer vacation, everything seemed to be a daze. A lot of students were far too emotional about saying goodbye to each other. There were people crying, people whining, people who were just happy to be out of that school, and then the people who were just excited to be going to college soon enough.

It was only then that everything that had been happening really sunk in for Courtney. Her and Gerard were over, done, forever. She almost had a child with him, they lost it, and now she lost him. It hit her like a hurricane, and she could hardly believe it happened. She was going to college, starting a new life, and moving on. Though, she didn't know if she could do that.

Everything seemed to turn sour quickly for Courtney, but she knew better than to go back to Gerard. As much as she wanted to, and as much as it killed her not to, she couldn't trust him anymore. As much as she wished she could, it couldn't be resolved.

Though, there was one thing that could be resolved, and Courtney knew she needed to fix it. She was already heading for her mother's house. She didn't even know if she'd be allowed inside, but she knew it was worth a try.

She knocked on the door, her palms sweating, biting her bottom lip. "Just a second!" she heard her little sister shout, then shuffling. She smiled, unable to do anything else. The door opened, revealing her sister. "Mommy says you can't come home anymore," she said, almost falling back when looking at Courtney.

Courtney sighed, "Elli, I need to talk to her," she said. Elli stood out of the way, not wanting to have her sister debate anything with her, and let Courtney in. "Thanks, Elli," she said, leaning down and kissing her cheek. "Do you know where Mom is?" she asked.

Elli nodded, pointing to the kitchen. Courtney thanked her, running inside, seeing her mother making dinner. Suddenly, she felt nervous. "Mom," she said, unable to form any other words.

Katherine turned around, shocked to see her daughter. "Courtney, what are you doing here?" she asked, growing confused and slightly when noticing she wasn't exactly 'showing'.

"Mom, I... I don't want you to hate me," Courtney said, her voice becoming softer the more she talked. "If it's any consolation, Gerard and I... we're not together anymore," she could hardly contain tears that threatened to pour. "And we lost the baby. There's nothing really tying us together anymore," that was a lie. She wanted it to seem like it was a mutual decision, but she knew it was quite the opposite. "I'm sorry. About everything – I wish it never happened, it was the biggest mistake I've ever made."

Her mother looked at her sympathetically, walking up to her and wrapping her arms around her. "This isn't because of what I said, is it?" she asked. While she didn't exactly want them together, she didn't want it to be her fault they broke up.

Courtney's head shook, "No, Gerard just... messed up," she said quietly, pulling away from her mother. "It's not exactly something I'd like to talk about, either. I came here because I don't want you to hate me, and I'm going to California in a couple of months, and... I just want to go knowing you don't despise my very existence."

Her mother's eyebrows furrowed, "I couldn't ever hate you. Whether I birthed you or not, you're my daughter and I love you," she said. "Will you be staying for dinner?" she asked.

Courtney smiled, nodding. "And, Mom?" Katherine turned around, facing her again. "Thank you."

~x~

Gerard was a wreck. No matter what he did, no matter how he tried to get over it, it never worked. He felt like an idiot. He wasn't sure why he did it. He wanted nothing more than for Courtney to know that.

Frank had taken notice to Gerard's odd behavior quite quickly, and he questioned him. Of course, Gerard told him he was overreacting, that it wasn't a big deal, and that he was fine.

Gerard kept everything to himself. He didn't really want to, but he couldn't exactly help it. The fear over judgement ruled him. He couldn't talk to anyone, he kept himself secluded in him house. Frank was beginning to call him a recluse, though never to his face. He never even say him face-to-face. He always locked the front door. Everyone thought he was overreacting, though they only knew it was a bad breakup, they didn't even know who she was.

Gerard tried ignoring everyone and everything, but it didn't work. Whatever he tried, it was futile. Nothing seemed to be able to set his mind at ease, and it was killing him. He just wanted to forget Courtney even existed, but it was impossible at that point. She was such a large part of his life now, practically apart of him, and he couldn't let it go. As hard as he tried, he knew he would never get over it, he knew Courtney would never forgive him, and he knew that this would be what he was the rest of his life – a shell of the man he use to be.
Sign up to rate and review this story