Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burning In Hell

“Gerard Way, you’re unbelievable.”

by TheBelittled 0 reviews

Gerard tries to patch things up with Courtney before she leaves.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-12-10 - Updated: 2012-12-10 - 1003 words

0Unrated
Kelly and Courtney were finally happy. They weren't upset about anything, if so, it wouldn't be anything too big to consume their minds. Their minds were set at ease, and everything seemed to be so much easier. That is until there was a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it," Kelly shouted, getting off the couch and walking to the front door, opening it. She stopped dead in her tracks, looking at her once-was teacher. "What are you doing here?" she asked, unable to think of anything else to say.

"I'm just here to talk to Courtney," Gerard said. The sight worried Kelly to no end. He looked like he hadn't slept in days – weeks, months, in fact. He looked like a nervous wreck. It was like a train wreck – you didn't want to stare, but it was impossible not to.

"Courtney doesn't want to talk to you, Gerard," she began closing the door, but Gerard's foot jammed itself in the way, avoiding it. She reopened it, staring at Gerard. "You hurt her, you don't deserve to talk to her. Do you know how upset she's been, Way?"

Gerard sighed, "Kelly, I know I hurt her, I didn't mean to, it was an accide –"

"How can you 'accidentally' fuck a girl in your living room?" Kelly half-shouted.

Kelly heard footsteps approaching behind her, and knew it must've been Courtney. That was just their luck. "Kelly, what's taking so long?" Courtney asked, standing behind her, seeing Gerard in the doorway. Her eyes widened, and she shoved Kelly out of the way. "Kelly, could you please go back?" she asked. "I need to talk to Gerard for a moment."

Kelly nodded, unsure of her decision to leave them alone, and walked into the living room one again. "Gerard, what do you want this time?" she asked, her tone making it fairly clear that she was already annoyed.

"Courtney, I know I messed up –"

"Big time, Gee, big time," Gerard smiled when she called him 'Gee', thinking that there may be hope after all. Though, it still seemed unrealistic.

"– but I want you to know, I wasn't in my right mind then. I messed up, and I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I just needed you to know that I'm sorry," he said in one breath, unsure if she would believe him. As true as it was, it didn't seem like the truth. Kelly was right, how do you do something like that on accident?

Courtney looked at Gerard, no emotion conveyed. "Gerard, you can't say you're sorry and mean it for something like that," she began, walking out, closing the door behind her. "As much as I'd like to believe you really are sorry, I can't bring myself to. Gerard, I saw you. I've never had that kind of effect on you. So go ahead, tell me I mean more than that girl, I'll know that's not true."

"You do mean more to me than her!" Gerard shouted, attracting the neighbors attention. "I don't even know her, Courtney, you have to believe me, please," he begged, grabbing her hands.

Courtney pulled them away, "Gerard, if that's true – which I doubt – that means some girl you didn't even know was better to you than I was. Please, just tell me why you did it."

"I... I don't know," he replied, unable to even give a reason. He didn't have one. He just... didn't know what was going on until that girl left the house.

Courtney sighed, "Gerard Way, you're unbelievable," she muttered, opening the front door, walking inside, closing it before Gerard could say anything. She made sure to lock it before going back into the living room to talk to Kelly.

~x~

Kelly questioned Courtney day and night for a week and a half about Gerard. Her only response was, "He's a jackass, Kelly. That's all you need to know," and it aggravated her. She didn't care about that, she wanted to know what happened and how she was handling it. But, Courtney's answer never changed and her voice never wavered. She seemed fine with it. She seemed like she couldn't have cared less.

Courtney hadn't been happier since her and Gerard broke up, and it both confused Kelly and just simply made her happy. She didn't want her to be stuck in a rut, especially since she may very well never see Gerard again.

By the time there was only a week until Courtney and Kelly were leaving for California, everything seemed to be simple again. Everyone was happy, everyone was excited, and Courtney even saw her family more often. Things couldn't have been better.

"I'm still worried about you going all the way to California," Alyson said while Courtney was visiting, while they were all eating dinner. "It's so far away, and we won't be able to keep an eye on you... It's a little unsettling."

Courtney looked at her, trying to find the right words to say. "Aly, I understand that you're concerned and all, but I'll be fine. I can come back home during breaks, I can call whenever possible, and it'll help me get over everything that's been happening here. I need it," she explained, her foot starting to tap on its own accord.

Alyson couldn't reply with anything but a nod. "So is it performing arts or not?" her mother asked.

"It's performing arts. It's one of the best in California – lucky me," she said, putting her utensil down. "It's not Julliard impressive, but not too many schools are. And it's not like I even applied, so I don't really take it personally," she told them, placing her hands in her lap. "It's a little too prestigious for me to be able to get in, anyway. And I wanted to get away, I wouldn't be going that far – it's in New York."

"Well, I'm glad you're trying to get away from all of this drama," Katherine said. "We could all use a bit of a break from it."
Sign up to rate and review this story