Categories > Original > Horror > The hunt

Pawn store

by Lirazel 0 reviews

I should have edited all my chapters.lol

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-12-14 - Updated: 2013-01-17 - 1426 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was a almost noon and I had slipped into my jeans and a simple top. I preferred a low maintenance look and decided to walk around with my revolver on my hip. It was something I did not like to do but it was requirement when I was at the academy. I never felt the need to carry a gun around but at this time it was completely necessary. I saw Radziel near the end of the steps by the door. He was pacing anxiously. Everyone else had left and only Larry and Brandon was in the house. “This is no way to start the weekend or a battle. We could be outnumbered,” said Larry.’ Even if we are they are not going to win. There are a lot of supes just like us who wants this bastard gone. ,”said Brandon.Radziel just stared back at them with a stone face. He had the sword in his hand.” You ready,” said Radziel lifting his eyes at me and not changing his expression. I could tell he was upset about something. Yeah,” I nodded.”Oh, look Gemma is packing heat,” said Brandon pointing at my gun with a big grin. “Yeah, I have to protect myself from muggers and zombies now,” I said with a slight grin. “Hey, take some extra cash I need more bullets and bigger guns. Much like what Gemma is sporting,” said Larry tossing Radziel a roll of money.” I’ll see yall later.”Hey Gemma don’t hesitate to use your gun. Otherwise we’ll have to trade yours with my old one,” said Larry giggling loudly. I smile and followed Radziel out the door. He did not say anything and just counted the money. ”Hey, what’s wrong, I said putting my hand on his shoulder.” I thought you were mad at me,” he said not taking his eyes of the roll of bills.” No, I’m not mad. I was a just a little shaken up. I had a hangover. I always get paranoid after those.,” I said to Radziel opening up the passenger door.”Really,well I did not know that,” he said with a sarcastic tone. I walked over to the driver’s side and put my hands behind his neck.” Look, I don’t want to argue today. I mean for all what just happened earlier I need you to be more energize and not worried about me. What can I do make you feel better,” I said in a cheery tone” I said. He looked at me and smiled a little.” You can kiss me for starters,” he said. I grinned gleefully and kissed him. He kissed me back and wrapped arms around me. After a short kiss and make up session we got in the car and drove out the driveway.We arrived in the town's downtown district in no time.The district had all the small town boutiques and the city hall on the main block. It was a while since I had come to this area. I looked around trying to see if there was anything suspicious or shall I say “supernatural”. But I was relieved it was just a regular weekday afternoon with people walking around minding their business. Radziel had parked near an alleyway of two buildings. One was a tattoo parlor and the other was the pawn store and gun store next door to one another. “We’ll go into the pawn store first. They have old swords and other weapons instead of guns,” said Radziel. I got out the car and looked around to see if there was anyone around us. I did not want to be seen by too many people with me sporting a gun.” Come on,” said Radziel putting his arm around my shoulder. As we walked into the pawn store there was a series of old TV’s that displayed clear screens and the others with slight static. There was a modern 37 inch plasma t. v. playing the “despicable me” movie. I looked around and saw a mix of modern and old appliances throughout the store. The old appliances reminded me of the ones my grandma and aunt used. There was also old vhs movies I had not seen since I was a kid. It gave me a nostalgic and comforting feeling. At the counter there was two men talking . The one in front of the counter was bald and had a series of tattoos going down his arm looking at a small knife. The clerk behind the counter had long brown hair and a goatee wearing a Korn shirt. On his name tag displayed the name Percy. It was an odd name for someone who liked metal and sold weapons for a living. ”Hey, welcome you two,” were yall looking for something in particular” asked Percy the clerk.” Yes, we want the best of your swords and knives,’ said Radziel. “Let’s get to it,” one of the finest we have here is this one. We got it in last month.” Percy took a large sword that was a least thirty six inches in length and five inches in width off the display wall. The handle was pretty big also. The bald guy looked up from his knife and admired the sword.Radziel was pleased and eyed the sword once Percy set it on the counter. ”Wow, this is impressive. I can really wield this one,” said Radziel.Percy smiled.” Do you like ninja stars, I have a few here and this novelty sword that was modeled after the one that Taarna used in the “heavy metal” movie. I have mostly replica swords that are in movies and video games. “That one is my favorite,” said Percy pointing towards a sword that had a label on it saying it was in the “Lord of the rings“ movie. “Authentic Samurai swords are hard to come by. My friend’s cousin had one. He said he sold it at a auction and got twelve grand for it, ”said the man holding the small knife.”Yeah I know a few people who owns a few,’ said Radziel.”Wow,they own more than one? They must be collectors and really rich. ”Yeah,they are really rich. Rich lesbians in fact,” said Radziel chuckling. ”Nice,” said the bald guy holding the knife with a smirk nodding his head. Sweet dude,” said Percy grinning. Hmm, so what you think. I say this one is a keeper. But we need more,’ I said. “Umm, Ill take three of those and these ninja stars,’ said Radziel pointing at three different swords on the wall. One was a simple medieval replica type sword. The other was a katana with a black handle. And the other had sharp edges with a dragon claw handle.” Is that one from a movie, ”I said eying the dragon sword. ”Nope. Just one that I think was ordered off of QVC,” said Percy.
“I think I need to watch QVC when they have the sword shows. Maybe it’ll stop me from ordering expensive soaps and shampoos, ”I said. Percy laughed a little. ”O.K. that’ll be $1149,”said Percy nonchalantly.”Ohh,”said the bald guy with a surprised voice,” Wow,” I exclaimed. “Good thing Larry gave me extra cash,” said Radziel taking out the credit card and swiping it on the card reader .Percy handed him the receipt. I grabbed the ninja stars.” I hope you enjoy those swords,’ said Percy.”Oh, I will. I need to compete with hardcore sword collectors,” said Radziel.”I don’t think you can compete or beat lesbians who have real Samurai swords,” said the bald guy with a huge smile. “Nuff said, ’said Radziel smiling back. Percy and the bald guy laughed loudly. Radziel took the remaining swords and put them in the backseat of the car. “So you think that the others will like these, ”I asked. ”Yeah. We rarely use weapons anyway. Most of our fights were hand to hand combat. We can still do damage without the weapons but it is good way to have them to aid us in a fight,” said Radziel. “Yeah, I would raid Cora and Rosaline’s place but those are collector items. I know they cherish their weapons and jewelry like it is their own children, ’said Radziel. “Hey, those swords can be in a museum,” I said playfully nudging him.”Yeah, you are right. No sense of soiling a decent sword on some lonesome demons and zombies,” said Radziel.
Sign up to rate and review this story