Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Candy (Kiss #23)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-07-22 - Updated: 2006-07-22 - 1084 words

0Unrated
Candy (kiss #23)

By kira

Author's note: More live journal kiss fun featuring Inutaisho and Izayoi! winks This time I'm revisiting the world I created in kiss #14.



Izayoi looked at the cookbook in despair and sighed. Her boss' birthday was tomorrow and she had wanted to surprise him with a little gift of homemade candy. She had heard he loved chocolates and she figured it would easy to make him some. So she sifted through several recipes for homemade chocolates and each one looked more difficult than the previous one. When it seemed like all was lost, she found a simple recipe for chocolate peanut butter bonbons.

Picking a pen and a piece of paper, Izayoi quickly wrote down the ingredients, and after rummaging through her kitchen cabinets, she crossed out a few items. Glancing at the clock, she saw she had enough time to make it to the corner market before it closed.

Grabbing her coat and keys, Izayoi left the apartment and headed out for the little grocery store. Once inside, she quickly walked up and down the isles, thanking her lucky stars that it was January, and that Valentine's Day was still a month away, which meant plenty of chocolate chips to be found. Arigatou, Rumiko-chan, for letting me know exactly when the boss' birthday is and that he likes chocolates! Izayoi thought as grabbed a bag of semisweet chocolate chips, placing them neatly in her shopping basket next to bag of milk chocolate ones. Soon she had everything she needed and after checking out, she left the shop and hurried home.

Arriving home, she quickly dashed up the stairs and entered her apartment, and throwing her coat in the entrance way, and kicking off her shoes, she practically ran to the kitchen. Once there, Izayoi set to work, chopping dates and measuring out the rest of the ingredients. Before too long, she had several bonbons lined up on a large piece of parchment paper, waiting to set up, while she clean up her mess.

After poking a bonbon to see if it was ready, which it was not, Izayoi headed for her living room which also served as her bedroom. Turning on the TV for background noise, Izayoi took a bath and got ready for bed. By the time she was finished, her bonbons were ready. She carefully lined a fancy tin with waxed paper before placing the candies inside. When she had finished it was a simple matter to close the lid and tie it up with a few ribbons, before going to sleep.

The next day dawned and Izayoi was eager to get to work. She had only been working there for two weeks, but they were pleasant ones as she got to work very closely her new boss. There was something about the tall white-haired man that set her heart fluttering, and Izayoi had the feeling he felt the same way about her. Inutaisho Nishi was not only smart, handsome, and funny, but he was different than most of the men she had met there as he treated her like a person rather than an object. She often wondered if that was because he had spent so much time traveling back and forth between Japan and America.

Thinking about him, and getting lost in her daydreams, Izayoi nearly missed her stop on the train. Shaking herself out of her reverie, she woke up just in time to dash out of the subway doors, before they closed and the train pulled away. Sighing softly in relief, Izayoi hurried the rest of the way to work, only to find her boss was out of the office. She went about her work, looking up occasionally to glance at the clock, all the while wondering where in the world her boss was. Every time she heard a male voice, she would look up from her work, half expecting it to be him and as the day wore on it was getting harder and harder to hide her disappointment.

Just when she thought he was never going to show up today, he walked in and over to her desk. "Still here, Itooshii-san? I thought everyone left hours ago."

"Eh...?" Izayoi murmured as she looked up from the report she was typing up. "Nishi-san! Gomen nasai, I... uh...I..."

"Hard at work, ne?"

"Hai..." Izayoi blushed. "I'm almost finished." She smiled. "Oh, here, this is for you. Ummm...happy birthday." Izayoi handed him the tin of chocolates.

"Arigatou, Itooshii-san." Inutaisho said as he took the proffered gift.

"Go ahead and open it."

"Hai." He carefully removed the ribbons she had tied around the tin and opened it. After peering inside, he looked up at her questioningly, "What is it?"

"Chocolate peanut butter bonbons... don't you like them?"

"Hai! They're my favorite, but I've never seen such a big one before..." He smiled at her.

"Big one?" Izayoi said as a puzzled frown settled over her features.

"Hai," He chuckled as he held the tin out to her so she could see inside.

"Damn it!" Izayoi said softly. "Gomen nasai, they look like they've melted..."

"It's okay, Itooshii-san. It's the thought that counts, ne?"

Izayoi nodded. "Hai."

"Come, let's go get some coffee. I saw there was a new Starbucks that just opened a couple of doors down..."

"Hai...I just need to hit save and shut down..." Izayoi said as she turned off her computer. She stood up and tidied her desk before coming around her desk, where her boss waited, holding her coat out to her. "Arigatou," she said softly as he helped her into it.

"Douitashimashite. Oh, forgive me; I never thanked you properly for my gift." He leaned over and much to Izayoi's surprise; he kissed her on the cheek.

"Eh...?" Izayoi murmured as she was completely taken aback by his forwardness.

"Gomen, I don't know what came over me," he apologized as she blushed.

Izayoi waved her hand at him. "It's okay. Anyways, I believe you said something about buying me a coffee."

"Hai." He smiled at her again and Izayoi felt her cheeks heating up as he led her out of her office and down the hall, the tin of bonbons forgotten on her desk. They chatted companionably as they made their way out of the office building and over to the Starbucks. All Inutaisho could think of, as they walked along, was how he lucky he was to have found her, which oddly enough, echoed Izayoi's feelings exactly...
Sign up to rate and review this story