Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Cradle(kiss #22)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-07-07 - Updated: 2006-07-08 - 1022 words

0Unrated
Cradle(kiss #22)

By kira


Author's note: More LJ kisses based on "Moonlight" featuring Izayoi and Inutaisho.

Inutaisho was lying in the grass with his head cradled on Izayoi's lap. They were outside, enjoying the sunshine in the privacy of the dog general's little courtyard garden. He had been trying to entice her back into his bed for the first time since the birth of their son, Inuyasha, but she seemed reluctant about it. So he was forced to settle for a simple picnic and all he got for his troubles were a few stolen kisses.

Izayoi sighed. She knew what he wanted and yet she was afraid to be intimate with him again. Her body had changed a lot since she got pregnant and gave birth and she was worried he would not find her as attractive as he once did. And so her insecurities kept her from giving in to his advances and the more she hesitated, the more frustrated the two of them had become.

"Daijoubu, Iza-chan?" Inutaisho asked as he looked up at her.

Izayoi sighed again. "Daijoubu. I'm fine, really I am..." she said softly.

He quirked an eyebrow at her, certain he smelled a lie. "You don't look fine. You seem so sad, my love. Is Inu-chan alright?"

"Hai; he's fine." She smiled sadly. "In fact, he's been doing a lot better under Tsuki-chan's care."

"That's good, ne?"

Izayoi nodded listlessly. "Hai..."

"But you want to be the one to care for him, ne?"

She nodded wordlessly as she felt her tears stinging her eyes.

"Koishii, there's no shame in letting someone help you. Besides, Baba-chan said what you did was a big help to the girl and even my wife agrees. So you shouldn't feel sad about it." He reached out, and taking her hand, he kissed her palm.

"I know..."

Letting go of her hand, Inutaisho sat up. "Would you feel better if we went to see him?" He smiled encouragingly at her despite her noncommittal shrug. "Come, let's go." Inutaisho stood up. He leaned towards Izayoi, and taking her hands in his, he helped her up. As they left his rooms, they headed out through the secret passageway to the women's quarters. Walking along the quiet corridors, Inutaisho told her little stories about his morning in council as well as some little bits of gossip he knew about the men. Izayoi finally laughed when he told her a bawdy little story he had heard from Atsuimi-hime.

"He didn't really make them show off their bottoms like that, ne?" she asked with a giggle.

"He did! And she said he walked around behind them trying to decide which one he apparently liked the best until he came to Shiriko-chan and she..." he looked at her impishly. "Broke wind!" The dog general laughed.

Izayoi covered her mouth with her hand as she tried not to laugh. Her cheeks held a deep crimson blush and her eyes danced merrily with amusement for the first time since the birth of Inuyasha. Izayoi waved her hand at him helplessly as Inutaisho made rude noises at her. He reminded her so much of a naughty little boy that she could not help herself and she laughed out loud. "That poor girl!"

"Good! I made you laugh!" Inutaisho chuckled, and putting an arm around her, he pulled her close.

"That you did! Just promise me you won't make any more of those noises?" Izayoi said as she leaned into him.

"You mean these...?" The dog general made another rude noise.

"Hai!" Izayoi giggled as they entered the public corridor leading to her room.

The dog general winked at her and reluctantly removed his arm from her shoulders as they made their way towards Tsuki's room. After passing an opened shoji leading to the courtyard garden, and going through it, they came around to Tsuki's room from the outside.

Izayoi knocked softly on the outer shoji and she was surprised to see a very bleary-eyed Sesshomaru standing there when it opened.

"Have you come to take him back?" he asked and there was no mistaking the hopeful tone to his voice.

"Iie, gomen, my boy, we just came to see him," Inutaisho said as they entered. "Besides, you wanted a pup so badly and now you've got one..." he winked. "They're not as much fun as you thought they were, ne?" the dog general smirked.

"Hai..." Sesshomaru groaned. "Just don't wake Tsuki-chan..." he said softly as he made his way over to where he had been napping. "And please don't wake him either, Chichi-ue..."

Inutaisho groaned playfully at Sesshomaru. "You mean to tell me I've wasted my time coming here? And to think, I was all set on waking Inu-chan up and then leaving. You know, you're as bad as your mother when it comes to spoiling my fun," he whined as he teasingly wagged his finger at him.

Sesshomaru quirked an eyebrow at his father like he had just sprouted another head and stifled a yawn.

"Go to sleep, my boy, you look as though you need it," Inutaisho chuckled as he patted Sesshomaru on the arm.

Yawning, Sesshomaru happily complied. "Arigatou," he said sleepily.

"Douitashimashite," Inutaisho said as he followed Izayoi behind the sleeping screen.

"Maru-chan...?" Tsuki, half asleep, murmured.

"Iie, it's just me and the dono-sama. We came by to see Inu-chan. Do not trouble yourself on our account; you just get some rest and when you're awake later, send for me."

"Hai..."

Izayoi moved past her sleeping friend and knelt in front of the soft woven basket that served as her son's cradle. Inuyasha slept peacefully inside, his tiny thumb in his mouth. He would occasionally suck on it as he dreamt. Smiling happily, his parents exchanged glances over their son's cuteness. Izayoi felt as though she could sit and watch him for hours. Reluctant to disturb her friend and the waka-sama any further, Izayoi kissed her fingertips and gently touched Inuyasha's cheek as if to kiss him. Sighing softly, she rose in a soft rustle of silk, along with her mate and they quietly left the room...
Sign up to rate and review this story