Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean > El Libro

El Principio

by misswildfire 0 reviews

El Principio The beginning. Camryn, a young business women is thrown back in time when she get's into a car crash. We follow her as she learns more about our famous Captain and what's with the book...

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Anamaria, Jack - Published: 2006-07-23 - Updated: 2006-07-24 - 2394 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Pirates of the Caribbean although, I wish I did though. The only thing that I own is the plot and my characters.

El Libro

Chapter 1- El Principio

The sun shone though the slightly opened curtains onto the bed of a young girl. Her eyes fluttered open as she slowly stretched her arms above her head. Camryn winced slightly as the sun hit her face. The girl glanced over at her clock and realized that she should have been up thirty minutes earlier. She whipped off the covers and raced to the bathroom.

Twenty-five minutes later, the young girl rushed out of her apartment and down to the parking lot with a muffin in her mouth. She hopped into her blue Sedan that her parents had given her the year before after graduating high school, turned on the ignition, and the car stalled.

"Dammit! Not now! Please start!" she yelled as she slammed her hands on the steering wheel. She tried the engine again without prevail. She got her cell phone out of her bag and dialled the number of her boss.

"Hi Jerry? It's me. My car stalled so I'm going to be late for work, ok?"

"Uh-huh," she said as the tossed her purses into the passenger seat.

"Will do, I promise I'll get that in first thing."

"Sure thing, I'll see you later then," she said as she snapped her cell phone shut and put her cell back into her bag. During her childhood she and Jerry had never really gotten along. He was her older brother Danny's best friend and was also five years older than her. When they were younger, she had always resented Jerry for keeping her older brother, whom she idolized, away from her. Within the last couple of years, however, they had become really good friends. Now at the age of 19, she worked at Jerry's business as his secretary.

The girl tried the car again and this time it started.

"Finally," she muttered as she pulled out of her parking space and onto the main road. Should I stop for coffee or not? I'm already late, so what's a few more minutes? However, before she could turn into the driveway of the local coffee shop,a car came whizzing by, taking Camryn completely by surprise. She quickly wrenched the steering wheel around in an attempt to veer out of the way. She quickly lost control of the car and spun out. The last thing she saw was the car hitting the tree before she blacked out.

Jack walked back to his cabin, after leaving Gibbs at the wheel, so he could go and get some more of his precious rum.

"Ahh, Rum! The drink of the gods! Dunno wat I'd do without me rum!" Jack exclaimed. Suddenly he noticed something or someone moving around on the other side of his bed. He cautiously walked over, with his hand on the hilt of his cutlass. The young girl stirred slightly and opened her eyes only to come face to face with Jack.

"Ahh!" the young girl screamed, as she quickly got to her feet and backed up a little bit. "Who are you?" the young girl asked with a quivering voice.

"Luv, I think I should be askin' ye that question."

"Where am I?" the young girl wondered out loud.

"Why ye're on the Black Pearl of course, luv."

"The Black Pearl?" the girl responded.

"Aye, ye never heard of it, luv? No?" he said when she didn't respond. "I'm the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow at yer service. And what might be yer name, luv?"

"Camryn Cortez," she said. Camryn took a moment to look around the room. Ok, someone want to explain to me how I got here? Why the hell am I not in my car on the way to work? Why the hell is this guy dressed like this? Did I stumble into some sort of historical re-enactment? Where am I? she thought, thousands of ideas and concepts flying at top speed in her head. She watched with some interest as the man walked over to a cabinet and brought out two dark coloured bottles. Rum? Why does he have rum? What is he doing? Why hasn't he tried to kill me? He can't be a real pirate, no he can't be. A real pirate would have tried to kill me already.

"Want some rum, luv?" he asked the girl. Camryn paused for a moment, looking at the man before her. Let's see what we've figured out so far. I'm on a pirate ship, this is the pirate captain, who probably should have locked me in the brig or made me walk the plank by now and not offer me rum. He seems to be a very nice pirate...and a hot one...very hot. Camryn admired his well-toned body. It's so tan! Probably from all that time in the sunAlthough that hat is a little bit weird, however it seems to work for him.

"No Jack, I don't drink alcohol."

"Captain, luv, it's Captain, and all the more for me then."
"Why do you keep calling me luv?"

"What did ye say, luv?" he asked me. I wonder what percent of his blood is alcohol, Camryn mused as she regarded the pirate.

"I said why do you keep calling me luv?" she asked again.

"Aye, well ye see 'at's jest a pet name that I call everyone." Camryn walked over to the wall and sat down. Wait, he said everyone, she thought, a devious grin spread across the girl's features.

"You said you call everyone luv, Captain" she said, stressing the word Captain this time so he wouldn't keep trying to correct her. "So does that mean you even call males "luv" too? Because everyone implies both females and males."

"Ye got me there, luv, but I jest call th' girls luv, not the men. Now, we have to discuss where ye be living."

"Living? You mean you're not going to chuck me overboard?"

"Aye, now why would ye thin' I'd do tha'?"

"I thought pirates did that kind of thing," Camryn said, eyeing him carefully as she rose from the spot on the wall where she had been sitting.

"What time is it?" she asked, looking for a window.

"'ight, luv, it'd be 'ight," he answered. He paused for a minute before continuing. "Now, ye have two choices, luv, ye can sleep with th' crew or ye can sleep with me. I don't suggest ye sleep with the crew, they may not be as gentlemanly as ol' Jack."

"If I choose to sleep with you, where would I be sleeping?"

"On th' bed of course, luv."

"And where would you be sleeping, Captain?"

"On th'bed of course, luv," Jack said, repeating what he had just said.

"So we're sharing the same bed, then?"

"Aye."

"Ok, fine, you stay on your side and I'll stay on mine, ok?"

"Savvy."

"What does "Savvy" mean?" Camryn asked as she wandered around the cabin.

"'tis hard to explain." The only response he got was a raised eyebrow. "Fine, I'd be best ta try and 'xplain it to ye. See "savvy" means that ye be in accord with what 'he other be sayin', do ye follow me lass?" Camryn nodded.

"This is going to be fun," she said under breath when she was certain that Jack wasn't listening.

"I can make it really fun for ye, Camryn," he winked at her, and she rolled her eyes at his pathetic antics in response.

"Just call me Cam, it's much shorter and everyone calls me that," she said, ignoring his statement.

"Everyone including the males?" she laughed at his comment. He had thrown what she said to him earlier back at her. He really does have a sense of humour, even though he was using my words against me, Camryn smiled at the thought.

"Yes Captain, including the guys."

"Guys?" he said, repeating what she had said.

"Means males, it's just another word for it," she responded.
"Alright now, Camryn, get into bed, luv, cause we 'ave a long day 'head of us on the morrow.

Jack watched as Camryn climbed into his bed and claimed its right side as "hers". There was something different about her, Jack could say that much. She wasn't proper like the other English girls. She was more rugged, more loose, more relaxed. She also wasn't like the whores that ran amok in Tortuga. He climbed into his bed and watched her for a few moments. She has the most beautiful grey eyes I've ever seen in my life, Jack thought to himself. He turned over in the bed, and moved closer to her. His hand, seemingly taking a life of its own, started to trace random patterns along Cam's side.

"Jack," Camryn said, moving away from him in the bed, "touch me once more and you'll regret it." Too tired to really say or do much else, the girl fell asleep, completely exhausted.
Camryn woke up a few hours later as the sun hit her face. Bloody sun! Go away and let me sleep! Cam tried to roll over, but for some reason found it very difficult to do so. What the hell? The girl opened her eyes and blinked, attempting to clear her vision. Finally feeling a weight at her waist, she looked down, and saw an arm there. Trying to remain calm, she looked behind her, seeing the man to whom the arm belonged. Who the hell is...Oh god, the crash, pirate ship, Captain Jack, oh Godwhere am I? Starting to lose her cool, Cam forcefully removed the arm on her waist and stumbled out of bed. Quickly taking a look around, she spotted a door. She clumsily made beeline for it, but didn't get too far for a pair of arms had wrapped themselves around her waist.

"S'ok luv, relax. Breathe, 'ake a breath," Jack whispered into her ear in an attempt to calm her down.

"Jack," she whispered. She started quivering and the next thing she knew, her knees gave out and Jack was lowering her to the deck.

"Mornin', luv, " he said when she had fully calmed down.

"Jack," she said again, her voice a little stronger.

"Captain, luv," he said, correcting her. Choosing to ignore him, she continued.

"Where am I?"

"I 'hought we 'ad 'his conversation already, luv. Ye be aboard the Pearl," he said as he moved away from her and back to the cabinet, pulling out a bottle.

"Car stalling, the crash, work, pirate, blank," Cam muttered under her breath as she got up off the floor and sat on the bed. "What year is this?"

"Why it'd be 1765 ," the captain replied, taking a swig of the rum. When she didn't reply, he continued. "Now I 'ave ta be out there, the crew be 'xpecting me ta give them their orders, now ye stay 'ere, ya 'ear me?" Jack looked at her, searching her face. After a moment, Cam finally nodded. Jack opened the door, sighing something about pirates and rum.

Camryn had been on board the Pearl for about a week. She was learning quickly about the workings of the boat. Gibbs wasn't a big fan of her, but hey, who cared, she wasn't a fan of him either. He had this weird thing that women were bad luck...then again, she thought that he was annoying, so to each his own. The crew, surprisingly, had taken very well to her. Granted, in the beginning, most of the men did have an initial suspicion of her. Hopefully she had put that out by her willingness to learn and work hard. What probably had helped a little bit was that Jack had told them what would happen to them if they hurt her.
She mainly spent her time below deck in the kitchen, helping the cook prepare meals. When she wasn't down there, she was above deck. Some of the crew took to teaching her about how a ship worked.

Today, she was back in Jack's cabin, looking for a map that he had sent her for. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about him that makes me want to trust him, she mused as she looked for the map.

"Where the hell did he put it, the freaking unorganized pirate," Camryn muttered to herself. She continued searching, moving stuff around on the desk, lifting things ect. Hearing a bang, she looked at the other end of the desk and saw a book that had fallen. Why does this look so familiar? Cam thought as she picked it up and turned it around in her hands. She traced the gold writing with her finger. She went to open the book just as Jack came bursting through the cabin door.

"What's takin' ye so damn long, Camryn? I ask ye to find a map, 'ow 'ard can it be?" When he finally stopped moving about, he saw her with a mysterious look on her face, opening the book that had been on his desk.

"Camryn! What're ye doin'? Put that down," he said, swaggering over to her, taking the thing from her hands and putting it back on the desk.

"I swear it feels like I've seen this book before. Maybe even read it," she said with a very different voice.

"Camryn?" Jack asked as he took a better look at her. He noticed that her eyes were several shades darker than they used to be.

"Camryn, luv? Can ye hear me?" Cam's eyes closed slightly then re-opened, the color of her eyes turning back to their usual light grey.

"Jack, what are you doing here?" she asked, completely confused.
"Looking for ye since ye be 'aking so damn long ta bring me 'he damn map," he replied.

"Next time I ask ye to get somethin' from 'he cabin, ye best be not touchin' anything ye don't know about." And with that, he left her in the room, more confused then she had ever been in her whole life.


I've also renamed it El Libro which is the Spanish for The Book. El Principio means The Beginning.
Please R&R Thanks!
Thanks Shannon for all your hard work with this chapter and the chapters to come.
Sign up to rate and review this story