Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Drowning Lessons

Your Time Has Come

by IndiaGirl 0 reviews

"I'd remember something like that.. Wouldn't I? /Wouldn't I/?"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-12-22 - Updated: 2012-12-22 - 2228 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard curled up in his cavern, shutting his eyes and pushing himself as far back as he could. He couldn't see a thing, but he didn't mind. In a way, it made things a little easier to visualise. Frank sat outside the cavern, listening quietly.
"I'm a good person." Gerard whispered, softly under his breath, repetitively. Frank sighed, smiling faintly as he heard Gerard speak.
"Frank?" Gerard suddenly paused, hearing Frank breathe out. "Frank? You out there?"
"Yeah..." Frank spoke softly. Gerard was silent for a moment.
"Come in?" Frank obeyed dutifully, bringing in a blanket as he crawled into the hole. Gerard reached out for Frank and hugged him softly, pushing his lips up against Frank's for a moment. He pulled away and dipped his head.
"I'm really confused, Frank. I'm really confused."
"Explain?" Frank placed an arm around him.
"My mom.. My.. Dad?" He almost asked, shivering. "Everyone k-keeps calling me a m-murderer, and I d-don't get it.."
"You're not, honestly, Gerard, you're a good person." Frank smiled softly, pulling the blanket over both of them.
"But why does everyone keep telling me?" Gerard mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "I don't get it - I don't remember hurting anyone, I don't.." Frank stroked his long, silken hair.
"Maybe, their talking about someone else?"
"I hope so," Gerard sniffled, scratching his head. "It can't be me - I - I'd remember something like that.. Wouldn't I? /Wouldn't I/?"
"If someone killed or hurt someone, you would obviously remember," Frank added. "So, you haven't." Gerard nodded.
"Yeah, you're right.. You're.." He paused. "Yeah. You're right." Frank smiled softly, pressing his lips to Gerard's cheek, "See, you're a good person, and you haven't done anything bad. "
"Yeah. You're right." Gerard sniffed, rubbing his forehead. "But it's just.. Something is.. It's in the back of my mind and.. I just.."
"Don't think about it, silly things play on everyone's minds." Frank shrugged. Gerard wiped his eyes and turned over, pushing his nose into the crook of Frank's neck, seeking some sort of comfort.
"It's been niggling at me for a while.. These little.. Um.." Frank stroked his head and the nape of his neck.
"I understand, honestly I do." He sighed, looking at the mark on Gerard's neck, smiling fondly.
"Voices." Gerard whispered, darkly. He hadn’t shared his thoughts on the voices that had been dancing in the shadows of his brain for a while and he hated telling anyone about them. But they were screaming and Gerard hated to hold that in.
"What are they saying?"
"Things about you, things about me. They don't like you very much.. I've been trying to ignore them.." Frank felt his heart beat faster, the words that Reynolds had said to him on his first week of being here, running through his head.
"What have they been saying about me, Gerard?"
"They k-keep saying that.. That they're going to take y-you from me.." Gerard swallowed nervously. "They say I'm not supposed to love. They say they'll.. They’ll try and kill you if I keep loving.." Frank jumped up, running out of the cavern, hiding under the covers of his bed.
"You're scaring me! Stop! Stop! " He begged, crying. Gerard crawled after him.
"Wait! Frank! I'm not doing anything.."
"I'm scared!" Frank cried.
"D-don't be scared," Gerard moved forward slightly, cautiously. "I'm not going to kill you, I was just saying - just saying that.. What they are telling me.." He fell to his knees, silently screaming and curling up.
"I love you, so much, Gee." Frank sniffed, crying, sticking his head out from the covers. Gerard pushed his forehead against the cold ground and make a loud, violent roar or aggression.
"Frank! Get out! Get out!” Gerard cried, warning him. “You'll never take him from me! Ever!" He screamed, banging his fists on the floor. Frank grabbed his backpack, hopping from the bunk and running out the door, and into Reynolds's office.
"It's happening!" He shouted, breathlessly. Reynolds jumped as Frank entered.
"Frank? Frank, what's wrong?" She said, worriedly.
"He's screaming, talking about the voices are going to kill me." Frank spoke crying. "He stopped himself, saying I should escape." Reynolds put a hand over her face.
"Right," She took a hold of Frank. "Stay here." She moved briskly over to the wall, opening a box, which behind it was several different buttons. She pushed a large blue button which sent an alert noise pulsing through the facility. It hurt Frank's ears. She stepped back, turning to Frank.
"I want him to be okay." Frank sniffed, rubbing his eyes, "I love him and he loves me, he told me to escape, that must mean something."
"He will be, we just have to get him out and ensure everyone around him is going to be safe." She stepped from the room. Frank knew she would probably be alright, having seen her fight beforehand. Other men swarmed around her for orders. "You search the left wing. You the right. Then, dinner halls, living areas, bathrooms. /Find him/." She said, firmly. The men dispersed and she followed, only walking down a few hallways before he had been discovered.
There was a loud, female scream, and then silence. Reynolds snapped her head in the sound of the noise. Frank's eyes widened, breathing heavily, begging that whatever had just happened was not what he thought it was. Gerard ran from the bathroom crying, unsure of where he was planning to go other than the fact that all he knew is that he wanted Frank. His hands, hair and body was soaking from the showers but he didn't care, even if he was slipping madly around the corners. He saw Reynolds’ office from the corner of his eye and turned, beginning to run down the hallway towards the door. Frank sat in the office, seeing Gerard burst through the door.
"Frank!" Gerard cried, reaching out for him across the desk. Frank backed away. "Please, F-Frank, I w-want to save you, p-please," He sobbed desperately. His hair and body was sodden, though his fiery tears were still prominent. Frank shook his head.
"You know for a fact I love you, but I'm not dying. No way, no how." He stated, sobbing.
"I th-thought that was what you wanted, Frank," Gerard cried, reaching further across the table. "Please," Reynolds turned on her heel as she saw the back of Gerard's head down the hallway.
"I love you, so much, but I'm not dying, I don't need to be saved." Frank sobbed, "I'm sorry," Reynolds was wary. The other workers came in through the door and held him back, by the arms, the shoulders, whatever they could.
"Gerard, where's Miss Hayward?" She asked. Gerard let out a sob. Frank sniffed, standing up, moving closer to Gerard as the workers grabbed him. He cupped his cheek, and kissed him softly.
"I love you." Gerard screamed, crying.
"Then let me save you, Frank!" He sobbed, shaking his head.
"Where's Miss Hayward, Gerard.." Reynolds repeated, holding a hand over her eyes. Gerard sniffled sharply.
"She's still in the bathroom.."
"I'm not the one who needs to be saved, babe." Frank sniffed, smiling softly.
"What - I don't - Frank!" Gerard sobbed, shaking his shoulders and getting very little response.
"Why is she still in the bathroom.." Reynolds questioned again. Gerard was silent, par his soft sniffling.
"..She's dead.." He said, ashamedly.
"Look at me, remember when you said you cared about me? Caring about me, isn't killing me, Gee." Frank stated.
"B-but I - I need to save you!" Gerard started up crying again, thrashing his shoulders. He broke free from the other men and shoved Frank up against the wall, for a brief second. "Then we can be together," He cried, pushing his hands up to Frank's neck and squeezing uncomfortably. Frank breathed in sharply and tightened his muscles, begging that someone would break them apart. Frank kicked him in the stomach, knocking him to the ground. "No!" He shouted. Gerard fell back, clutching at his chest. His heart felt like it was skipping a beat and frankly it wouldn't be odd if it were. Reynolds moved everyone aside in a panic and rolled up her sleeves; Frank took a little time to notice a few scars pushing up her arms too. Reynolds was handed a needle, and she unbuttoned Gerard's shirt carefully. Gerard lay still, his body unmoving from where he had been hit.
"Sedating him?" Frank asked, hopefully.
"Getting some adrenaline to him. You know he has a heart condition, you might have near made his heart stop.." She looked worriedly, but turned to Frank with a slight smirk. "Good aim." She unbuttoned his shirt until his chest was exposed completely and readied her needle.
"I didn't kill him, did I?" Frank asked, wiping tears from his eyes. "And, don't joke, please, he's still my boyfriend."
"Maybe,” Reynolds, pushed him softly away to give herself more space, turning her head away from where she was looking.
"God.. I hope I do it right." She breathed, raising the small adrenaline needle above her, shutting her eyes and slamming it down into Gerard's chest. Frank winced, gulping.
"Will he be awake, soon?" He hoped, looking down at Gerard’s still chest. Gerard's eyes flew open and his torso raised, his back arching as the adrenaline paced through him. Reynolds held him down as he moved erratically, until his body gave into exhaustion and he fell back.
"We'll have to set him up somewhere secure whilst his head clears. Then have him ready for police questioning.. You too." She sighed, softly.
"Does he remember what happened?"
"Well.. Maybe not about his roommates. Maybe not about his father.. But he remembers the nurse who he killed ten minutes ago."
"Will he remember that he just choked me?" Frank frowned.
"Yes." Reynolds nodded, stepping back for the other men to haul Gerard to his feet. They sat him down in a chair, strapping his wrists against the arms and his shins against the legs of the chair. She ordered for some other men to go and locate the recently deceased nurse, and Reynold quickly pressed a one dial button to call the police to the facility. She stood in front of Gerard, rubbing her head.
Gerard awoke after a while, with a splitting headache and aching joints from where he had been restricted. He opened his eyes and tugged against the restraints vaguely, but gave up due to exhaustion. He sighed and drooped his body, hardly noticing Frank or Reynolds beside him.
"Hi?" Frank spoke softly and timidly. Gerard breathed in slowly, his heart still suffering a little from the blow to it. He felt his fingers which were dead cold and numb, as well as his feet and legs.
"Hello," He exhaled, softly. "Am I dead yet?"
"No," Frank explained, softly, "You know who I am...Right?" Gerard nodded, ashamedly.
"You're another one of the people I tried to kill. Except you survived."
"I mean, other than that." Frank sighed, "Do you remember me?"
"You're my boyfriend, Frank Anthony Iero, who has ebony hair that falls just over his deep hazel eyes. He has pale, milky skin, which is covered in little scars that I like looking at because they remind me that he's human. He has brittle bones that are covered by this flesh and they're not easy to break, but his heart is. He's the only person I ever loved, because my old roommates didn't understand love like Frank does. He taught me what love is. He showed me. They got love wrong. What they did to me, what we did, wasn't love. Frank taught me that. Frank is pretty inside out. He's my boyfriend." Gerard repeated. Frank sniffed, blushing.
"You're so perfect." He sighed softly, "I'm sorry that I kicked you onto the floor, you scared me and you're very strong. I didn't know what to do."
"I deserved it." Gerard mumbled. "And I'm going to go somewhere else now, no more cushy mental homes for me," He sniffled, trembling. "They'll rip me to shreds in prison, Frank,"
"I know," Frank sighed, taking Gerard's hand, tangling their fingers, "But, I don't think you'll go to prison, I think you'll be in a separate cell, in here."
"And.. And all this time, you were living and kissing and falling in love with a murderer," Gerard burst into tears, his hands and legs restrained.
"I'm still in love with you," Frank smiled softly, "I said this to Reynolds ages ago, I don't care if you're crazy, mentally unstable, unpredictable, or a murderer. I love you."
"B-but I was g-going to kill you," Gerard cried. "I probably still would be trying if my arms weren't restrained.." He mumbled, shaking his head about him.
"I don't care. I would of died happy." Frank shrugged, sniffing, "You've improved my life so much, Gee." Gerard sniffed, letting out another cry as Reynolds entered, the flash of police lights coming in through the window. "Gerard, they're going to talk to you about Miss Hayward, okay?" She stated, softly. Gerard nodded and continued blubbering.
The policemen came through the door, unlatching the restraints on Gerard's wrists and ankles. He wriggled a little but gave in, letting them drag him into the hallway. Gerard was mostly silent, crying gently to himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story