Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Small Petunia of the Galaxy

Great Love

by FightStriker 2 reviews

I am in awe of who you are, and it's your love I'm living for.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-12-23 - Updated: 2012-12-23 - 1482 words - Complete

3Moving
One more everybody.





Chapter 20
Great Love




I walked into Mikey's house, throwing the keys just anywhere. I couldn't call it his house anymore, something in me couldn't even let me say his name aloud without bursting into tears.

I left the door open behind me and Mikey followed. Without a word, he went upstairs into his room and gently closed the door behind him. I undid my tie. We had just had his funeral service, and everyone gathered at my house afterwards.

The whole school had practically came, the bullies, the cheerleaders, the jocks, the loners, the teachers. Not one person at that funeral service could say that he was not the nicest and sweetest person that you could have ever met. A "representative" from each clique came up to the podium and talked of all the cruel things they had ever done to him, and when they finished, they looked to the casket, looked to Mikey, and apologized, walking off crying, and you could see that deep down in their hearts that they meant it.

You could see in their eyes that they wished they could take everything they had ever done to him back. That they had opened their shallow eyes and realized that he was a person, he was man, and they all looked to Mikey and cried harder because it struck them that he had basically lived his life, protecting his brother. And all they ever did was call him names and push him around because he was being true to who he was.

I climbed the steps slowly, taking each step as if it was my last. I had promised him that I would live without him, no matter how I felt at the time.

I opened the door to his room and everything was just as he left it. He cleaned everything up before he left for the hospital permanently. As if he knew he wasn't going to be coming back. His art things were neatly organized on his desk. His camera was hanging from the doorknob of his closet, and there on his bedside table, was a picture of he and I, one of me, Mikey, and him, and then a picture of he and Mikey. There was light film of dust on them, so I gently picked them up and brushed them off. Sitting back down as if they would break if I set them the wrong way. I stared at the picture of he and I, Smiling away as if we had no cares in the world, and at the time we didn't. We were happy and content and nothing around us mattered as long as we had each other.

I took my shirt off and let it fall to the floor. Pulling my shoes off my feet, I slipped into his bed, lying on top of the sheets. I turned to the side that I would usually sleep on. In seconds, I could feel myself slipping away. Succumbing to the roaring darkness.



I awoke, not to his room, but to a white room. I'm not sure if it actually was a room because it was so bright that no corners were visible. I spun around and nothing but whiteness welcomed me. What kind of dream was this?

"It's no dream."

That voice, could belong to no other person but /him/. I whipped around, and there, standing before me in all his beautiful perfection, was Gerard.

"Gerard?" I whispered aloud. Saying his name for the first time in a week.

"Hey baby." He smiled at me.

I threw my arms around him and cried into his shoulder. He crooned above me and patted my hair.

"Shh, it's okay baby, but you have to stop crying as I have some things to tell you." He whispered, his voice seemed like it had been soaked in honey and then mixed with a large helping of chocolate. I stopped my sobs and reduced them to a sniffle every now and then.

"This isn't a dream, darling. I brought you to the place that's in between from where I actually am, heaven." For the first time, I noticed that he was dressed from head to toe in white. He had even died his hair white again, but this time, it seemed bolder somehow, louder, more rebellious. Then I got a better look at his face, it squared off more, his eyes, greener, almost like fresh grass.

"I miss you Frankie, with every ounce of my being. I've been watching and you've been doing so great with Mikey, and I want you to keep doing that. I've already talked to him, and he's promised me that he wouldn't try to kill himself. And if he ever even so much as thinks about it, he'll be getting an earful out of you. Now, serious business, I've been granted special permission to visit one of you in your dreams, once a month, or if I save them up, as many times as I want in a month. I'll visit at times that are appropriate as deemed by my parents." He explained.

I was trying to process all the information at once.

"Do you understand so far Frankie?" He asked, and I just have him a nod.

He put distance between us so that he and I could look each other in the eyes.

"Frankie, sweetheart,my love. Words cannot describe how much I miss you, but it was my time. Here, I feel no pain, I feel like I did before it all happened. But you can't hang on to me forever. I've seen what you've decided to do and I don't want you to do that. I want you to move on and find someone that makes you happy. You can't just wait to die, to be with me. I don't want you dying alone without having tried. You're still young and you've still got time. So use it. Act like there is no such thing as time, act as if you'll love forever, do whatever makes you the happiest. Love, whoever makes you the happiest."

"But I love you! You're what makes me the happiest! I can't live without you. I'll wait to die!" I yelled. When he spoke back, his voice hasn't changed one octave but it was as if it had become more authoritative.

"Frank, I love you and when you wake up, I wan you to go to my art desk and look inside the farthest left drawer, near the end of my bed, and flip to the first page in the notebook that's sitting on top. But you have to move on, for the sake of me. I want to watch you be happy."

He stared me down, and I looked at him back. Every ounce of my being wanted to prove him wrong, but I knew he was right.

"I'm going to try, but I can't promise you anything." I said. His face lit up, and his old lopsided smirk that I missed so much returned.

"That's all I ask for." He pulled me forward and lent his head down, and gave me a sweet, soft kiss to the lips.

He pulled back. "Remember, left drawer. Notebook on top of desk. Now... Wake up."



I say up in bed, my face soaked with tears. I scampered out of his bed and went to his desk. I opened the drawer and pulled out a small, blood red, velvet box. I opened it and immediately burst into tears. Inside was a bright, silver band, rubies were spaced out generously around it. I gawked at it and sat it down, box open, ring untouched. I flipped to the first page of the notebook on top of the desk and begin to read Gerard's surprisingly elegant cursive.



My love,


If you're reading this then that means that I'm dead. I'm sorry that it turned out this way and that I couldn't fight off these diseases. Those bitches can sure fight. I want you to know that you're my everything, the air that I breath, the love that surrounds me, the one thing that keeps my sad heart beating. The only way I felt that I could really express that was to buy you something, because I felt that words could not express it. No, I won't tell you how much it cost, you would flip shit if you knew. Don't put it on just yet, because there's something that needs to be asked before you did. Would you mind flipping the page please love?

My heart was racing as I flipped the page. Eyes darting from the ring, and back to the notebook. Elegantly written, and with floral print delicately drawn around the words, I covered my hand with my mouth as I let out a small scream.



Frank Anthony Iero Jr. Will You Marry Me?



Yes.
Sign up to rate and review this story