Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Mind Games

Monday Night Movie

by jennieman 9 reviews

It's movie time for our favourite teen heroes and heroines.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-26 - Updated: 2006-07-26 - 5732 words

1Original
A/N: I know, it's taken forever for me to update this! I'm soo, sooooo sorry, I was just being lazy. Either that or I had Typer's Block, lol. Okay, so this is chapter six, but it's pretty much a part two of chapter five. It's movie time!! What new surprises are in store for our favourite teens? Read and find out silly! And please, pleeeease leave a review. I know 15 of you have this fic on alert gives the evil eye so don't be shy. J Descendant of Doom...I love ya. Always giving me awesome reviews. So this chapter is for you!! I hope you like it!


Chapter Six: Monday Night Movie


Theresa sighed as she entered the brownstone, a slight headache building behind her eyes. Her meeting with Persephone had gone well, the goddess insisting she be alerted immediately should Theresa actually have a vision of something similar to her premonition, but not to be too concerned about it. . Persephone had also decided to increase her mental training, noting that her powers could jump at anytime, adolescence being a trying time for psychics.

"Hello? Anybody home?" she called, wandering to the kitchen. She pushed the door open to find Jay and Odie at the table.

"Hey. How'd it go?" Jay asked looking up at her. She sighed and sat beside him.

"Good I guess. Persephone said I shouldn't be too worried, unless it becomes an actual vision, but keep on my toes in any case," she shrugged. "And I get even more training time now, cause I'm a teenager, and a girl, and blah, blah, blah."

"Sounds exciting," Odie laughed, walking over to the sink.

"When do you start?" Jay asked as Atlanta joined them.

"Start what?" she asked, grabbing an orange out of the fruit basket.

"Mental training," Theresa told her, tapping a finger against her temple. "Tomorrow. We'll be doing it at night, starting around midnight."

"Ouch. Rough. Why midnight?" Odie remarked, sitting back down, laptop open in front of him. Theresa shrugged again and closed her eyes, resting her head on her arms.

"We figured that my powers work best at night. Something about the moon helping me to direct the flow of energy I'll be using, which according to Persephone, is a good thing. Says my energy could spike at anytime and the lunar energy will mix with it, balancing it out," she explained. She opened her eyes and was greeted with three blank stares. She shook her head laughingly. "Never mind. So does Herry have a date tonight?"

"I sure do," Herry said proudly, walking into the kitchen. He paused in front of the fridge. "Though I'm not sure you could actually call it a date. I sort of told her you guys would be there, sooo....guess it's more of a hanging out thing. Which is still good, cause she is so damn cute. Wait till you guys meet her."

"Aw, I'm excited now," Theresa grinned happily. She glanced at the clock, noting it was currently five till five. "What time are we going?"

"I told her we'd meet there at seven," came Herry's muffled reply, his head buried in the fridge. Theresa's eyes shot back to the clock.

"Seven?! Shoot, I need to get ready!" she cried jumping off her seat. Atlanta rolled her eyes.

"Oh no, only two hours to get ready. How will you ever survive?" she drawled, voice monotone. Theresa flicked her playfully.

"Shush you, I still haven't showered yet today, no thanks to Neil," she scowled. "So, if you'll excuse, I'm gonna go make myself look pretty."

With that, she scooped up her bag and left. She poked her head back in seconds later however.

"Please tell me you're not wearing that Herry," she asked him. He looked down at his regular shorts and T-shirt.

"What's wrong with it?" he asked innocently. Theresa shook her head.

"You can't go on a first date like that. Come upstairs once I'm done in the shower," she sighed, disappearing once more. Herry sent Jay a questioning glance and got a shrug in return, before the Greek boy followed the redhead upstairs to try to start his math homework again, seeing as he had been denied it at lunch. Herry sighed and closed the fridge door. He sure hoped Theresa wasn't going to try and dress him up all fancy. True, he was interested in Robin and wanted to make a good impression, but him and fancy just didn't go together. He wandered into the living room to watch television while Theresa got cleaned up. Idly flicking through the channels, he settled on a comedy show, and watched nearly half when the shower stopped and Theresa called him.

He went upstairs and met her in front of is room, trying not to laugh. She had a bright pink, fluffy robe cinched tightly about her waist, her hair wrapped up in a yellow towel. She smiled and gestured to his room.

"Let's see what you've got to wear," she said, following him in. He opened the closet for her and shrugged.

"There's not a whole lot to choose from. Sorry," Herry said, resting on the desk as she looked. She glanced back at him before pulling a shirt out. It was a simple, light blue button up.

"Got any tanks to go under it?" she asked, handing him the shirt.

"Probably," he smiled.

"Hmm, well try that on and lemme see," Theresa told him, going to wait in the hall. He shrugged out of his T-shirt and searched his drawers for the white tank he knew he had somewhere. Sure enough, it lay at the bottom of the last drawer. He threw it on and put the blue shirt over top. He opened the door to show Theresa.

"Hmm," she said thoughtfully, circling him like a shark. She paused again in front of him, a frown on her face. "Try rolling the sleeves up."

Herry complied, rolling them to just above his elbows, and waited for her approval.

"Much better," she smiled, fixing his collar. "You look great. Now you just need to freshen up, maybe shave, and you're good to go."

"Thanks Theresa," he sighed, shoulders sagging in relief. "I thought you might wanna dress me up all fancy, or something."

"Nah, you look perfect just like this. Now, I better go get myself ready. I'll be the one dressing up fancy tonight," Theresa laughed, walking out the door and up to her room. Herry smiled and went to shave.

The next hour and a half passed quietly, as homework was finished and appearances taken care of. Jay, Neil, Odie and Archie all sat in the living room at a quarter till seven, watching television while waiting for their friends. Atlanta appeared in a huff, frown on her face. Jay raised an eyebrow at her appearance while Archie stared at her, a strange look on his face. She had changed into a pair of dark jeans and a vivid green halter.

"Theresa made me," she said, arms crossed over her chest, refusing to meet anyone's gaze. Odie snorted with laughter, quickly changing it to a hacking cough as she glared at him. Herry came in moments later, and Odie burst out laughing again.

"Hey guys. How do I look?" Herry asked anxiously.

"Good. But, ah, ya might look better without the toilet paper stuck to your face," Archie smirked. "A little nervous buddy?"

Herry swore and grabbed Neil's mirror. Shaving while nervous wasn't the smartest thing to do. Jay shook his head and went to the foot of the stairs.

"Come on Theresa, we're gonna be late!" he called up, wondering what could be taking her so long. He heard her door slam shut, footsteps echoing downstairs.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm coming!" she cried bouncing into the living room. Jay couldn't help but stare, shocked, at her for a moment. She was wearing a flouncy, knee length white peasant skirt, with a yellow halter much like Atlanta's (he wondered if that was actually Theresa's shirt she had on), and little yellow heels with black polka dots. Her hair had been pulled up in a high ponytail, and he swore her lips were sparkling.

He could feel his face heating up as he noticed how pretty she looked. He had never seen her look so girly before....well no, girly wasn't really the right word. She certainly didn't look like a little girl to him, hell no. Feminine, he supposed, considering he had never, ever seen her in a skirt. It was a very pleasant change, he surmised. Very pleasant indeed. Archie snickered and raised an eyebrow towards Theresa.

"A little dressed up, aren't we Terri?" he asked sarcastically, still eyeing Atlanta out of the corner of his eye. She stuck her tongue out at him and gave him a once over. He was still wearing shorts and a hoodie.

"A little under dressed, aren't we Archie-kins?" she shot back, smirking as his face contorted in embarrassment. Atlanta doubled over with laughter.

"Good one Theresa. Archie-kins! I love it," she cried, holding her stomach. Archie growled and stomped out of the living room.

"Can we leave now?" he demanded. Herry chuckled and followed him out, grabbing his keys.

"I'm gonna take my car and meet you there, kay?" Theresa called. He nodded and went out the door, Atlanta and Odie following after him.

"You sure you can drive in those shoes?" Jay asked, sly grin on his face as they left the house.

"Of course I can. Nice try though," she winked at him. Neil hopped into the backseat nonchalantly as they got into the front, feeling that it was only natural he ride in a car as good looking as he. Theresa revved the engine and shot out of the garage, the wind whipping her hair back. She giggled and honked as they passed Herry, pulling in front of him as they reached a red light. A growling blue hotrod pulled up next to her, full of boys their age. They whistled and catcalled at her, revving their engine loudly. Theresa smirked at them and glanced at the lights, revving her own engine. She glanced back at the hotrod, challenge in her eyes as they grinned.

"Hold on tight boys," she told Jay and Neil, as the light turned green. Tires squealed as both cars took off like a shot, speeding down the street. They raced side by side, shooting through another intersection, cars honking loudly at them. Neil screamed in panic as Theresa swerved to miss a truck, a look of concentration on her delicate face.

"What the hell is she doing?" Atlanta yelled in shock as they followed after the two speed demons. "Is she insane?!"

"Holy shit, look at her go! Herry, catch up to them!" Archie yelled in excitement, earning a slap from Atlanta. She cringed as she saw them swerve ahead of them, heading for another intersection. She bit her lip, panic rising quickly in her as the light ahead turned yellow, the two cars not slowing at all.

Theresa smirked as they sped down the street, the yellow light coming closer. She watched as it turned red, ignoring Neil's girly scream for her to stop, and floored the gas pedal, shooting in front of the blue hotrod and straight through the light. She laughed wildly as squealing tires were heard behind them, the blue car braking furiously. She slowed the car down to a more normal speed, thankful no police were at any of those intersections. She pulled into the parking lot of the theatre and cut the engine. She glanced over at Jay and smirked. She leaned over to the pale boy, lips nearing his ear.

"Told you I could drive in these shoes," she murmured, voice low and husky with adrenaline. He shivered at the feel of her hot breath against his neck and the tone of her voice. His heart was still beating wildly, both from the excitement of the ride and the feel of her so close, as Herry pulled up beside them, and they got out of the car. Well, Neil fell rather ungracefully out of it, his legs wobbling with fear. Theresa laughed and turned as the truck doors slammed, and Atlanta stomped up to her furiously.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" she yelled at her friend, anger and fear mixing within her. "You could have gotten yourself killed Theresa!! Honestly! What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking I needed a little bit of fun Atlanta," she smiled lightly, throwing her arm around the younger girl's quivering shoulders. "Calm down, we're fine. I'm sorry if I scared you."

"Scared her?! What about ME?!" Neil screamed, clinging to her car, sheer terror on his face. "You're insane Theresa!! What kind of fun was that?!"

"The most exciting kind," she smiled, throwing her head back to laugh wildly again. Turning away from them, she winked over at Jay. "Come on, let's go get our tickets."

"Man Theresa, that was crazy!! I loved it! Who knew you had it in ya!" Archie cried, bouncing after her, excitement on his face. Atlanta scowled angrily at his encouragement and held back to walk with Jay, the boy still a bit on the pale side. Herry and Odie were left to peel Neil off the car, practically carrying him into the theatre.

"Honestly! I would have thought at least she would have had more sense! Archie or Herry, I might expect it from, but not Theresa. What kind of fun is that, trying to get yourself and your friends killed?!" Atlanta ranted to Jay. He looked down at his young friend and noted that she looked more shaken than he did. He threw an arm around her shoulders, giving her a small squeeze.

"Hey, it's okay Atlanta. I'm sure she wouldn't have done it if she didn't think she could," he told her, trying to comfort both of them with his words. She gave him a small nod, and he smiled, ruffling her hair slightly. He laughed as she gave him a scowl quite similar to Archie's, and tried to fix her mussed up hair. She hmphed at him and went to stand next to Archie in line. Jay moved to stand next to Theresa, looking down at her thoughtfully.

"So....never knew you could drive like that," he asked casually, hands stuck in his pockets. She gave him a wink and linked arms with him as they moved forward a bit.

"There's a lot about me you don't know Jay," she smiled mischievously, eyes twinkling playfully.

"So it would appear. But I'd like to," he said, his serious gaze holding her own. She blushed and looked down as they reached the ticket counter. "Two for 'Sleep No More'."

She looked up, wide-eyed, as he paid for their tickets, blush deepening.

"Oh, Jay you don't have to, you shouldn't have..." she trailed off nervously. He gave her a fond, lopsided smile, and led her gently away from the line.

"I know. My treat tonight. Since I was so useless in our planning this morning," he smiled. She gave him a shy smile, biting her lip gently.

"Thank you. I'm just going to go freshen up. Be out in a minute," she said, walking towards the rest rooms, giddy happiness rising in her stomach.

Herry fidgeted nervously as he stood by the door, waiting for Robin, tickets in one hand. He glanced around, making sure she hadn't already arrived. Looking back to the doors, he immediately brightened as she walked through, heading towards him. She gave him a shy smile as she reached him, tucking a curl behind her ear.

"Hey Robin. Great to see you. You look really nice," he smiled, hoping he didn't sound like an idiot. Robin blushed cutely, hands held anxiously behind her back.

"Evenin' Herry. Same to you, you look real sharp," she said gently. "Thanks for waitin' for me."

"No problem. I, uh, bought your ticket already too," he told her, handing her said ticket. She smiled even wider.

"Well that was right sweet of ya. Thank you sugah," she said. A moment of awkward silence lapsed over them, and Herry shifted uncomfortably. He glanced around, quickly spying his friends.

"Well, there's the gang over there. Wanna go say hi?" he suggested. She nodded and followed him over. He cleared his throat as they reached them, gaining their attention.

"Guys, this is Robin. Robin, well, you already know Odie. That's Archie, Atlanta and Jay. Where'd the other two go?" he said, pointing to each of them in turn. Hello's and howdy do's were exchanged politely, and Herry was told 'the washroom'. Another minute passed as they waited, talking quietly. Robin knew Atlanta from Math class incidentally, and they were laughing over the teacher's appearance when Neil showed up.

"Hey guys. Who's the cutie?" he asked, smooth grin on his face. Introducing herself, she gave him a questioning look.

"Say, aren't you that model that does lots of work round here?" she asked curiously. Neil noticeably preened, glad someone had actually recognized him for once.

"Please, don't inflate his swollen ego anymore," Archie begged. Neil opened his mouth to reply.

"Hey guys, we ready to go?" Theresa interrupted, coming up behind Jay. Robin turned to face her, and both their jaws fell open. They stood, stunned for a moment, before erupting in girlish screams. The rest of the gang jumped, startled by their outburst. Theresa grinned widely as she took a half step back, hands on her hips.

"Is that my sweet southern belle I see before me?!" she asked excitedly. Robin slapped her knees.

"Well if it ain't sweet cherry pie, Theresa!!" she laughed, embracing the redhead soundly. They both gave an excited shriek as they bounced happily. Everyone else stared, confused looks on their faces.

"Uh...you two know each other?" Herry asked tentatively. Theresa withdrew from her friend, holding her at arms length.

"We sure do! Our daddies do business together and we've been roommates at tennis camp since we were little," Theresa glanced at him. She shook Robin's hands excitedly. "But look at you!! You look amazing, I almost didn't recognize you! Do a twirl for me girl!!"

Laughing, the younger girl complied, skirt twirling about her knees.

"Ah do look fabulous again don't Ah?" she asked, giving Theresa another hug.

"Yes you do. Just amazing," she giggled. Archie sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I hate to interrupt this beautiful reunion, but if we don't get in there, we're gonna get crappy seats," he informed them. Atlanta scoffed at him.

"With Neil here? No way," she told him. "Lead the way Neil."

Neil grinned smugly and led them into the theatre, Odie and Archie trailing behind. Atlanta placed herself between Archie and Jay, still angry with Theresa. Theresa gave a mental shrug as she and Robin followed Jay, Herry behind them. Atlanta being angry with her only meant she'd spend more time with Archie, leaving Theresa with more time for her and Jay to snoop on them.

Once again, Neil's luck prevailed as they sat down dead centre in the theatre, Robin and Theresa chatting animatedly, catching up on gossip until the previews started. Theresa shivered and leaned towards Jay as creepy intro music came on. She may have forgotten to mention to him that, while Atlanta wasn't the screamy-clingy type, she was. Depending on the movie, and who she was with. This one already looked like it would be that type of scenario. Like you'd ever pass up this opportunity at free, unabashed Jay-cuddling, a little voice in her mind said. She agreed with it wholeheartedly.

Her hunch about the movie was proven right a half hour later, as a particularly nasty scene was shown. Theresa's heart thumped wildly in her chest as she grabbed Jay's arm, clinging to him tightly. She glanced up at him to find him gazing down at her, a bemused smile on his face. She blushed and smiled back shyly, thankful for the theatres darkness. She sighed and rested her head gently against Jay's shoulder.

Jay smiled as he felt the small pressure on his shoulder, her bangs softly skimming his cheek. It seemed he was learning all sorts of things about Theresa tonight. Like how she was a clingy type at scary movies (not that he minded), and how she could drive a hundred times better then him, in heels no less. And right now he could very clearly smell the floral scent of her hair, and the soft, heady perfume she was wearing. He swore he could smell a trace of baby powder too, and he was amazed at both how good it all smelled together, and how good it all smelled on her.

He jumped as she screamed suddenly, her face turned into his shoulder. Jay realized he was missing most of the movie in favour of thinking about Theresa...but it was definitely worth it. He chuckled quietly as she peeked out at the movie screen again, before quickly shooting a glance over at Atlanta and Archie.

Curious, Jay sneaked a peek too, and was rewarded with... absolutely nothing. Well, in his mind at least. Theresa would probably notice some minute detail and point it out to him in a frustrated tone, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Ah well. He was too busy concentrating on the way she smelled, and how soft she felt pressed against him. His face flushed as his mind wandered towards the gutter, and he mentally smacked himself. He shouldn't be thinking that way about Theresa, no matter how pretty she was, or how good she smelled. Or how that was definitely not her arm pressing into his. He was in the middle of mentally berating himself when the lights came back on.

What the-Did I just spend the entire movie thinking about Theresa? Jay thought wildly. He felt a poke on his shoulder.

"Hey. Wakey wakey Jay. Movie's over," Theresa giggled, looking down at him expectantly. He flushed darker and stood quickly, following her as Archie and Atlanta snickered quietly behind him.

"Hey Arch. Think he even remembers what movie we just saw?" he heard Atlanta whisper. He swore his face was as red as her hair by now, because he definitely couldn't remember what movie it was. And he had picked it out! He refused to look at them as they left the theatre. He could clearly picture their maniacally grinning faces in his mind, he didn't need to turn around to know. He sighed as he walked beside Herry, Theresa and Robin laughing ahead of them. Jay glanced up and shook his head. Herry was quietly watching the tiny girl ahead of him, a goofy smile on his face. Jay glanced back at the girls to find them looking back, expectant looks on their faces.

"Huh?" was Herry's intelligent reply to whatever they had asked. Theresa shook her head while Robin giggled lightly.

"I asked if you guys wanted to go out for coffee," she told them.

"Sure," they shrugged. Herry turned to ask the others, and was rewarded with no's all around, accompanied by varying excuses of homework, facial time and wrestling on television. Herry tossed Archie his keys, Atlanta grumbling about never driving.

"Did you drive Robin?" Theresa asked as they walked into the parking lot.

"Sure did sugah. Mine's the baby blue 'vette over there," Robin pointed. Herry whistled in appreciation. Theresa had to laugh.

"Very nice. Mine's the red two cars down," she told the younger girl. Robin grinned at her.

"Daddy still tryin' to buy you off, hopin' you'll actually behave yourself for once?" she laughed. Theresa gave her a little push.

"Yours still trying to buy affection from you and silence from your mama?" she smirked. Robin snorted in amusement.

"Please sugah. Mama left his sorry ass months ago!" she cried smugly.

"No! Finally!" Theresa laughed as they reached her car. Robin nodded excitedly.

"Ah'll tell you the whole sordid tale over a hot cup of java. Herry darlin', you wanna ride with me?" she asked him sweetly.

"Oh, you bet I do!" he cried excitedly, hurrying over to her car. Jay laughed as he hopped into the car next to Theresa.

"Pretty girl with a pretty car? She was made for Herry," he laughed. He turned to look at her, grin on his face. "Try not to drive like a maniac this time, kay?"

"Aww, is Jay scared of a little speed?" she teased, smug grin on her face. He smirked right back.

"With you? Never," he grinned insinuatingly, sending shivers down her spine. "But you do have Robin following after you."

Theresa laughed with delight as she drove, this time sticking to the speed limit. She leaned back, enjoying the feel of the wind against her face, and the comfort of having Jay next to her. He hadn't seemed to mind her clinging to him during the movie. Maybe he had even enjoyed it, just a little. And during the movie she had noticed Atlanta clutching at Archie's hand. Though it was most likely accidental, since his hand was on the arm rest. And undoubtedly Jay was clueless about the whole thing. Not that she minded. It wasn't too often that Jay was clueless, and he was pretty cute, if not a little frustrating, when it happened.

"So what did Robin mean about you behaving yourself for once?" Jay's curious voice interrupted her thoughts. She glanced over at him and grinned.

"Let's just say I wasn't always the good little girl that you know," she replied mysteriously.

"Wow, so Neil was actually right?" he grinned, eyebrow raised.

"Maybe. I'm sure Robin will tell you all about my wild past," Theresa laughed.

"Like how you ever learned to drive like that?" he teased.

"Maybe," she winked, pulling into the coffee shop, Robin right beside her.

"Man, you rich girls have it made!" Herry exclaimed, jumping out of the car. "That is one sweet ride!"

"Well Ah'm glad you like it sugah," Robin laughed as they quickly grabbed a dark corner booth, trying to decide what they wanted.

"So Robin. Theresa tells me that you have many stories about her misspent youth," Jay asked slyly, earning a poke from Theresa. Robin grinned mischievously.

"Do Ah evah darlin'. Ah promise to tell all Ah know," she said sweetly. Theresa scoffed.

"Do you know what you want yet?" she asked impatiently. Robin laughed, nodding as she stood. Theresa turned to Jay. "How bout you?"

"Yeah, I guess," he said, moving to stand. Theresa raised a hand to stop him.

"Ah ah. My treat, since you paid for the movie," she smiled. Securing their orders, Robin and Theresa went to stand in line. Robin gave the redhead a nudge and glanced back at their table.

"You never told me you had a new boyfriend Theresa. And such a cute one too," she gently scolded. Theresa flushed and glanced back also.

"You mean Jay? Oh he's not. Yet," she smiled, making Robin laugh.

"Always did love the way you think darlin'," she told her as they placed their orders and walked back to the boys. "Ah have missed you these past few years."

"So have I," Theresa agreed, wrapping around Robin's shoulders, giving her a gentle squeeze. "But now here we are. And, why exactly are you here?"

"Well it all has to do with Mama and Daddy," Robin began, sitting next to Herry. She went on to tell them 'the whole sordid tale' of her mama catching her father, in flagrante with the newest, youngest maid, on their bed. Her mother had filed for divorce the next day, eventually taking him for half of what he was worth: a whopping 45 million plus child support. So she had upped and moved herself, Robin and her younger brother Dabnis to New Olympia, far away from 'that treacherous letch', as her mother had put it. Theresa shook her head in amusement.

"I always said your mama was a smart woman. Caught him right in the act," she smiled. Herry shook his head.

"That's crazy. Way too much drama for me. Give me my farm any day," he said. "I take back what I said about you girls having it made. The most exciting thing to happen to me this summer was a neighbour's barn burning down with the horses trapped inside. Almost lost one of them."

"Why Herry darlin', that's terrible. Is the poor creature alright?" Robin asked in concern. He smiled, glad she was interested.

"Oh yeah. She got a few burns, but nothing too serious," he told her. She sat back, relieved.

"Thank goodness. Ah know how hard it is to lose one. My daddy is a horse rancher; he provides the horses for Theresa's father's cattle ranches," Robin explained excitedly, glad to know she and Herry had some type of common ground. He was rather charming, and so polite too. Unlike most boys she and Theresa had grown up around.

"Do you still have Mr. Bojangles Robin?" Theresa asked, sipping contentedly at her cappuccino.

"Sure do hun. Oh! Ya'll should come down this weekend! Mama's decided to start up another horse ranch of her own. They'll be comin' in on Friday!" Robin exclaimed, smile lighting her face. It fell an instant later. "Oh, but we have that party on Saturday. Dang."

"Party eh? What kind of party?" Theresa asked.

"Oh, Mama got it in her head to have a housewarming party, inviting' most of society up for Saturday night," Robin sighed. She grinned and looked up at her friend. "Theresa hunny, you should come! You haven't been in a dog's age. Everyone's been commentin' on it, how it ain't natural for a gal your age to not make it to at least one event durin' the season. Young Morgan Whitecastle was enquiring' after ya at the last dinner Ah attended."
"Whitecastle? Again? He's just starting to annoy me, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm not overly enthused about the whole idea," Theresa scowled. Jay glanced over at her sour expression, wondering what was so bad about this Morgan guy. Not that he wanted Theresa to be interested in him. A hint of jealousy nipped at his thoughts.

"Oh please darlin', do it for me," Robin pleaded laughingly. "Bring a date if ya want, just don't leave me alone with them."

Theresa sighed and sat back, thoughtful look on her face. She looked at Robin's pleading face and couldn't help but smile.

"Alright, fine. I'll come, but only if we can come down on Sunday to see the horses," Theresa agreed. "And the second the young Mr. Whitecastle lays one slimy finger on me, I'm leaving."

"Oh thank ya sugah. It'll be fun, you'll see!" Robin cried gleefully, grabbing Theresa's hands.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sure it will be. At least this means more shopping," Theresa sighed. She glanced down at her watch and sat up. "But we better get going. It's late and we've got school tomorrow. You gonna be alright getting home?"

Robin nodded and they all parted ways, making sure she would sit with them at lunch. Herry sighed as he got into the back seat of Theresa's car, watching Robin pull out and drive away. Theresa glanced at him in the rear-view mirror and grinned as she pulled onto the street.

"So Herry. She really likes you," Theresa chimed, grinning like a maniac.

"Really? You think so?" Herry perked up.

"Definitely. I could always tell when she liked someone, and my friend, she likes you," Theresa laughed. "What do you think of her?"

"Totally sweet and very cute. Love the accent too. I could sit and listen to her all day," he sighed happily as Theresa pulled into their garage.

"Good. You'll have to ask her out again then, for real this time," she winked at him. He nodded dreamily, walking ahead of the two, into the house. She glanced over at Jay, a contemplative look on her face.

"So Jay. You doing anything Saturday night?" she slowly asked, watching the ground ahead of her.

"Not to my knowledge," he smiled down at her bent head. "Why? Looking for somebody to protect you from this Morgan guy at the party?"

"Yup. Please say you'll come. It's going to be black tie, but I can't stand to go alone. It'll give him the impression that I'm available," Theresa shuddered as they walked through the back door and up the stairs. Jay arched an eyebrow at her and nervously voiced his thoughts.

"You mean, you're not?" he asked in confusion, heart sinking slightly as they reached the third floor. They stopped at her door and she looked up at him, sweet smile on her face.

"Not to him," she said, giving him a mischievous wink, making his heart jump into his throat, thudding wildly. "Thanks for saying yes. I've got hockey tryouts after school tomorrow, but after that, do you want to go find something to wear?"

He agreed wholeheartedly, eager to spend more time with Theresa. She surprised him with a goodnight hug before quickly vanishing into her room. Man, I just can't say no to her, Jay thought, sighing as he turned to go to his room. He nearly groaned as he saw Archie standing in his own doorway, a smug grin on his face.

"Ya know, anytime Theresa wants to borrow my whip, she's welcome to it," he smirked. Jay shoved him lightly as he walked by.

"Funny, I thought Atlanta was using it," he shot back. Archie flushed and scowled at his leader, refusing to answer him as he closed his door with a huff. Jay grinned and shut his own bedroom door. Slowly stripping down to his boxers, he fell into his bed with a gratifying sigh, too lazy to put on pyjamas. He smiled as he thought over the day's events, feeling satisfied and, for once, where he truly belonged. Home, he thought sleepily, eyes shut and head buried in a soft pillow. His eyes shot open at a sudden realization. Robin never did tell him any tales about Theresa. Damn. Ah well, he thought, rolling onto his back, there's always lunchtime tomorrow.
Sign up to rate and review this story