Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Mind Games

Who Likes Me?! and Trouble on the Field!!

by jennieman 22 reviews

Atlanta discovers Archie's not so little secret, and Felicity's a bitch.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-08-08 - Updated: 2006-08-09 - 6382 words

4Original
A/N: Okay, well chapter seven. Can't believe I've managed to get this far...even though it's not really that far...yaaa, I'm really slow. But oh well. Sorry it took so long to get this one out, but it's my longest one yet! Hopefully that makes up for it. Thanks to everyone who's reviewed and is enjoying the story so far. And for those of you who haven't read it, check out my new story, A New Twist. And yes, that was a shameless plug to get more reviews. Lol. Ah well. A note about this chapter is I've taken the liberty of giving the characters last names (some of them), since they don't have them in the show, and I felt like having fun with it. So I hope you like. Alright I'll stop rambling now. Oh and Descendant of Doom, you're welcome. Thanks for the hug, that was so sweet. Hugs back. Okay, on with the show!


Chapter Seven: Who Likes Me?! And Trouble on the Field!!


Jay awoke rather abruptly the next morning, bolting out of bed before the alarm had a chance to wake him. Coffee late at night was not so good in the early morning: he desperately needed the bathroom. He cursed when he saw the closed door and glanced around at the other doors. Archie's was the only open one. Hopping over to the bathroom door, he pounded on it.

"Hurry up Archie!" he cried impatiently. A string of curses came through the doors.

"Damn it Jay, you made me cut myself! Just for that I think I'll take my sweet time!" Archie's muffled, grumpy voice replied. Jay glared at the door, hoping his purple haired friend could feel it. He let out a huff and leaned against the wall, legs crossed, frowning unhappily. A moment later Theresa's door opened and the sleepy redhead wandered out in yet another revealing nightgown. She yawned and wandered down the hall towards Jay, seemingly not noticing his presence until she reached him. Jay frowned deeper and crossed his arms over his chest. Theresa's half-lidded gaze crept up from the floor, trailing over his body to reach his eyes, a rosy pink staining her cheeks, her lips forming a round 'o' shape. Jay felt himself flush as he realized he was wearing even less than she was, standing there in only a pair of Simpson's boxers. He glanced down at the flushed girl, but she refused to meet his gaze, opting instead to lean against the wall next to him.

"Archie I'm guessing?" she asked softly, almost timidly, fiddling with the hem of her nightgown.

"Yup," Jay sighed, tapping his foot impatiently. Another moment ticked by before Atlanta's door opened and they were joined by the second redhead. Jay stifled a groan. Could this morning get any more embarrassing? he thought grumpily. Atlanta smirked at the two, noticing Jay's unusual lack of clothing, and Theresa's shy, pink face. She nearly laughed aloud when she saw Theresa's gaze flicker rapidly over to Jay. Or rather, his bare torso. She sighed and then frowned.

"Why are we just standing here?" she demanded in confusion. Both pointed to the bathroom door and said in unison,

"Archie."

"Ah," she sighed, crossing over to the door and pounding on it. "Archie!! Get your butt outta there! Other people need to use it ya know!"

They all paused for a minute, listening to Archie's grumbling as he turned off the water. He had barely unlocked the door when he found himself being shoved out of the bathroom, door slamming behind him. He blinked dazedly at the girls before his face went cherry red. They blinked back at him for a moment before Atlanta began laughing helplessly. Theresa simply retained her flushed expression, now looking somewhat wistfully at the closed door. She glanced back at Archie and had to smile.

Poor boys, she thought, shaking her head. Archie stood in front of them, clearly uncomfortable as he refused to look at them. He was clad in only a towel slung about his hips, which he now clung to like a lifeline. Half his face was covered in foam, still shaving when Atlanta demanded he give up the bathroom. Yes, poor boys indeed, having to be the ones sharing a bathroom with them. Though it could have been worse...they could have ended up with Neil like Herry and Odie.

Theresa giggled at Archie's red face and glanced over at Atlanta. The younger girl had finally stopped laughing, a large grin still covering her face. Theresa gave her a nudge, nodding towards Archie and wiggled her eyebrows, sly grin on her face. Atlanta shot her a confused look, making Theresa roll her eyes. She was about to gesture again when the bathroom door opened, and a rather relieved Jay came out. Atlanta snorted.

"Better?" she quipped sarcastically.

"Much," he nodded, leaning back against the wall, rubbing his cheek absentmindedly. The girls quickly used the bathroom, leaving the boys to shave. Theresa stopped as she entered her room, PMR catching her eye. Grinning evilly, she grabbed it and walked back to the bathroom, hiding the device under a towel. Wandering into the room, she gave the boys an innocent smile, moving to drop the towel in the hamper. She turned slightly, readying the camera function.

"Hey guys, check this out," she said, holding the PMR up. They turned and she quickly snapped a picture. Giggling madly, she dashed out of the bathroom, back to her own room. Seconds later, twin cries of outrage could be heard, and Theresa quickly locked her door behind her. She hid her PMR in the bottom of her purse, beneath every girly object she could think of. Satisfied that it was safely hidden in territory the boys wouldn't dare venture into, she went to get dressed.

Once ready, she grabbed her purse and bag, and bounced happily downstairs for breakfast. Jay and Archie were already downstairs, along with everyone else. Archie glared at her as she entered, innocent smile on her face. Atlanta gave her a questioning glance, while Jay...pouted? Theresa couldn't help but laugh.

"What'd you do to them?" Atlanta asked. Herry and Odie looked on in interest, while Neil simply gazed into his mirror. Theresa grinned and, snatching a piece of toast off of her plate, turned to leave.

"I'll show you on the way to school," she told her. Archie jumped up suddenly.

"Herry, grab her!" he shouted. Herry shot him a confused look but complied earning him a squeak of surprise from Theresa as she was lifted off her feet, toast falling to the floor.

"What are you doing Archie?" she demanded, trying to wiggle free, to no avail of course. Herry shifted to look over at Archie quizzically, earning another squeak from the captive girl. "Careful Herry, this dress is short enough without you pulling it up!"

"Oops. Sorry Theresa," he apologized, setting her down gently but not releasing her. He glanced at Archie, who was currently going through Theresa's bag. "Hey man, what are you doing?"

"Yes Archie, what do you think you're doing?" Theresa asked, glaring at him dangerously. Archie stood and narrowed his eyes, returning her glare.

"I know you hid it somewhere. So where is it?" he growled.

"What makes you think I'd tell you?" Theresa huffed back. The two glared fiercely at each other, tension filling the air. Atlanta covered her mouth, shoulders shaking with laughter. Archie was attempting to intimidate Theresa, his shoulders thrown back, glaring down as he towered over her. Atlanta blinked in surprise. He was, actually, towering over her, by nearly a foot. Odie finally broke the silence of the room, as he walked over to stand next to Atlanta.

"Come on Archie, it can't be that bad," he reasoned. Atlanta glanced up at her genius friend, and did a double take. Since when did she have to look up at Odie?

"What the hell?" she questioned the air. Odie glanced at her quizzically. She frowned and looked back at Archie, before her gaze flickered to the other boys. Neil wandered over to the fridge, and Jay stood with a sigh, ready to intervene. "Alright! Everybody stop!"

Her cry startled everyone in the room, Archie and Theresa breaking eye contact to look at her.

"What's wrong Atlanta?" Jay questioned seriously, frowning at the wild-eyed girl. She took a deep breath and glared at them all.

"When the hell did you all get so tall?!" she demanded accusingly. Archie's jaw dropped and Herry released Theresa in surprise. Grabbing her bag, she shook her head at Atlanta.

"They're boys Lanta, they do tend to grow. Not surprising, considering how much these ones eat," she teased fondly, poking Herry in the stomach. He smiled down at her sheepishly.

"Yeah, but this much?" she asked impatiently, shoving Odie over to Theresa. "I mean, even Odie's taller than us now!"

Theresa glanced up at the younger boy, who now stood about two inches above her. They all glanced around at each other before Archie broke out in a wild grin, standing behind Atlanta.

"Hey Lan. This means you're the shortest one here!" he laughed, patting her on the head condescendingly. "Aww, poor little Lannie-kins!"

The fiery little redhead glared up at her alleged best friend, ready to take him down a metaphorical notch, when Theresa grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the kitchen.

"Ignore him. I'm sure he won't be laughing when I show the whole hockey team that picture I took!" Theresa said, raising her voice to shout back the last part as they left the house. Cursing followed them, and Theresa ran to her car, laughing at Archie's outrage. Atlanta grinned at her fellow redhead.

"What picture Terri? Show me," she laughed as they drove to school. Theresa motioned to the backseat.

"My PMR is in the bottom of my purse. I had to hide it," she grinned. Atlanta twisted and grabbed the purse, digging out the PMR. Flicking it on, she was greeted with the sight of Jay and Archie, foam-faced and topless in the bathroom, blank expressions on both. Atlanta burst out laughing, Theresa joining her.

"Oh my," Atlanta laughed, putting it away. She grinned at her friend. "You just can't get enough of him, eh Theresa?"

"Huh?" Theresa exclaimed, parking her car and giving Atlanta a confused look. She rolled her eyes.

"Jay, you dork. I saw you blatantly checking him out this morning. You can't deny it," Atlanta teased as they walked into the school, enjoying Theresa's embarrassment. The older girl glanced at her and sighed as they reached their lockers.

"No, I sure can't. Not when he is that cute. But you can't tell me you weren't taking a good look at a certain purple mohawked boy yourself," she grinned, grabbing her math book. Atlanta wrinkled her nose.

"What?!" she spluttered, face flushing. "No I was not! Why would I? He's my best friend, Theresa, that would be...weird."

"Oh come on, you admitted he was cute! You couldn't have meant just his face, Lanta," Theresa replied, exasperated as she leaned against the lockers. "Look, Archie may not be my favourite person ever, but even I can admit that he has one hot body!"

"Theresa!!" Atlanta exclaimed, gaping at the giggling teen, blushing to her roots at the thought of her almost naked best friend earlier that morning. "Unbelievable!"

"Oh come on, you know I'm right Lan," Theresa poked her. "You like him, don't you?"

"Well he is my best friend," Atlanta rolled her eyes. "I'd sort of have to, wouldn't I?"

"You know very well I didn't mean it like that," Theresa scowled at the stubborn redhead, glancing down the hall. "And speak of the devil."

She let loose a catcalling whistle of appreciation, earning another glare from one very annoyed Archie as he stomped down the hallway, the other four boys in tow.

"Theresa!! Give it to me!!" he shouted. Theresa gave a mock gasp of shock, covering her mouth with her free hand.

"Why Archie. I never knew you felt that way. You could have told me in private though," she grinned maliciously as Archie seemed to realize his poor choice of wording.

"Damn it, you know what I mean!" he cried in frustration, glaring down at her once more. She simply grinned up at him patronizingly.

"Oh, I do," she laughed. She balanced on her toes, leaning in to whisper to him. "You just meant to say 'Atlanta'."

She darted back quickly, a stream of giggles erupting from her at Archie's dazed, flushed face. Seconds later, it clicked and his face contorted into a strange mixture of anger, embarrassment and annoyance.

"You die now!" he snarled, hands claw-like and reaching out to grab her. She laughed and danced over to Jay, throwing herself into his arms.

"Oh please! Save me from the horrible, horrible Archie monster!" she cried mockingly, looking up at her would be saviour, wide-eyed and trying not to laugh. Jay smirked down at her, an arm looping about her waist tightly.

"Oh? And why should I do that? I'm in that picture too," he reminded her, pseudo-evil grin on his face. Theresa's face fell, fear replacing the laughter. She turned and tried to bolt away, but his hold was too strong. She felt a jolt of excitement shoot through her body.

"No!" she cried, struggling in his embrace. She stilled as his fingers brushed gently at her side, shivering both in anticipated fear and welcomed pleasure. She turned again to face him, eyes pleading. He still had the evil!Jay look on his face, fingers twitching menacingly. She laughed nervously, palms spread over his chest as she leaned against him.

"Jaay..." she drawled ingratiatingly, puppy dog pout firmly in place. "You don't really want to tickle sweet little me, do you?"

"Hmm, let me think...yes, yes I do," he smirked, her pout deepening. She pressed her body more firmly against his, watching carefully as a telltale flush spread across his cheeks. Her arms slid slowly around his neck as she stood on tiptoe, bodies pressing together intimately. Somewhere in the back of her mind was a vague thought of Atlanta being right. They had grown a lot over the summer.

"You sure bout that?" she whispered challengingly. Jay leaned forward slightly, the tip of his nose brushing hers. The rest looked on knowingly, smirks passing between them.

"Yeah. Pretty sure," Jay smirked, fingers digging into her sensitive waist. Theresa gave a dismayed shout of laughter, and fought to be free. "You sure you don't want to give us that PMR?"

"Never!" she cried breathlessly. "I'll never give it up!"

"Oh?" Archie piped up, smirk on his face. The bell rang and Jay regretfully released Theresa from his embrace. "Not even to Jay?"

Theresa glanced over her shoulder at Archie and gave him a wink.

"Maybe," she smirked, brushing past a hooting Neil and a confused Jay. "You boys coming to class or what?"

Jay simply blinked as she continued walking down the hall, hips swaying playfully in her small green dress. Neil smirked at Jay as he wrapped an arm around the Greek boy's shoulders, pulling him down the hall after Theresa.

"C'mon Captain Oblivious. I swear, you're as bad as Atlanta," he said good-naturedly.

"I resent that!" Atlanta called after them.

"How can you? It's so true!" Neil shouted back before they rounded a corner. Atlanta frowned up at Archie as he walked with her to the gym.

"Now just what is that supposed to mean? Really?" she asked. Archie glanced down at his small companion and sighed.

"It means that, maybe you don't notice things around you. Like, say, I dunno...the fact that someone might...ya know....like you," he pointed out, face flushing slightly. Her head whipped up to look at him.

"What?! Who?!" she cried in astonishment. "Since when?"

"Oh no. Neil's right. And if you can't figure it out on your own, then I sure as hell ain't telling ya," Archie frowned, continuing past the gym, leaving Atlanta to sulk. "See you at lunch Lan."

She stared after him, mystified at this new turn of events. She didn't think she was oblivious to the boys around her....she simply wasn't very interested in them. But now she was curious as to who it was...and how long they had liked her....and just who the hell knew, and why nobody told her!! So much for my so called best friends, she thought huffily, neither Archie nor Theresa told me about this before!

Atlanta thus spent the morning in a rather bad mood, wondering the whole time just who liked her and who knew. It was enough to drive a person mad. By the time lunch rolled around, Atlanta was quite cranky, with a dizzying headache. She made her way slowly over to their table, mulling over her thoughts. Everyone else, plus Robin, was already seated there. Atlanta bit her lip nervously as she stepped up behind Theresa, tapping her on the shoulder.

Theresa glanced up and then turned completely, eyes narrowing. Atlanta stood behind her looking frazzled and out of sorts, and upset over something.

"What's wrong? Did Felicity say something to you? I'll kick her ass," Theresa asked sharply, voice laced with protective concern and venomous anger. Atlanta smiled a small, amused smile and shook her head. Theresa turned to Robin quickly, grabbing her purse. "Come to tryouts and I'll show you."

That said, Theresa stood and wrapped an arm about Atlanta's shoulders, leading the younger girl away to another table. Archie watched nervously as they sat halfway across the cafeteria, his words from that morning ringing in his mind. He hoped Theresa wouldn't tell. He would never be able to face Atlanta again. He turned to Jay.

"You don't think Theresa will say anything, ya know...about me, to Atlanta?" he asked pleadingly. Jay gave him a curious look.

"Why would she?" he asked. Archie quickly told him what he had said that morning.

"I'm such an idiot. Of course she'll wanna know, and I don't expect Theresa to lie to her, but, I mean, if she tells her..." Archie ranted hysterically. "Oh man, this sucks! I'll never be able to talk to her again, she's gonna hate me, think I'm some weirdo pervert or something! She'd never go out with me, I-"

"Archie!" Jay interrupted, a hand on his shoulder. "Calm down man. Just take a deep breath. Good. Now...there's something I should probably tell you."

Archie stopped, taking a few frantic breaths, and grabbed Jay by the collar.

"Like what? Whaddya mean? Does she know already?!" he cried. Jay stifled a laugh and gently pried Archie's hands off of him.

"Noo...not yet. But the thing is...see, Theresa's been trying to play, well, matchmaker with you guys," Jay told him uncomfortably. "She kinda made me help her. So...she's probably going to tell her now...yeeah..."

Archie stared at him incredulously along with Herry, Odie and Neil. Robin had a smile on her face, thinking of how sweet these boys were that Theresa had found. A beat and then the boys burst out laughing, startling poor Robin.

"Oh man! Jay! Matchmaker?! You really will do anything for Theresa, huh?" Odie laughed. Jay felt himself go red, and quickly cleared his throat, elbowing Archie.

"She used the pouty face on me," he complained, earning more laughter. "Anyways...Archie, shouldn't you be watching the girls? Considering I think your secret's out."

"What?!" Archie cried, head snapping around to face them. Theresa held one of Atlanta's hands in hers, a soft smile on her face. Atlanta had a vibrant blush on her cheeks, mouth forming an incredulous 'o'. Archie let his head fall onto the table. "Oh gods, I'm dead."

Theresa smiled gently at her stunned friend and squeezed her hand.

"Archie?! Archie likes me?" Atlanta still couldn't grasp the idea. "My Archie? I mean, my best friend, Archie? For how long? Who knows?"

"Everyone. And I'm going to hazard a guess of, since he met you," Theresa giggled, giving Atlanta a hug. "Oh Lanta, he cares about you so much. Archie absolutely adores you."

"He does?" Atlanta asked shyly, face pink, and glanced down at her hands, fingers twining nervously. Theresa gave an exuberant nod, making her smile. Only to replace it with a frown as Atlanta realized something. "Hey! Is that why you've been bugging me about him so much lately?"

"Well...yeah," Theresa admitted sheepishly. "Jay and I have been trying to play matchmaker with you two, but I guess we aren't very good at it."

"No kidding. Geez, back in town for three days and you're already at it," Atlanta muttered. She snorted. "Wait a minute, Jay was helping you? Hilarious! Theresa when are you going to ask him out?"

"Me? No way," Theresa looked offended. "I'm gonna make him get up the guts to do it."

Atlanta grinned as Theresa stuck her nose in the air, looking every bit the rich aristocrat. The two stared at each other for a minute before giving in to silly laughter. It only served to make Archie's anxiety grow. Atlanta gave Theresa a quick hug.

"Thanks for telling me Terri. Since Archie hasn't said anything. I wonder why?" Atlanta frowned. Theresa sighed and shook her head.

"Ya know, Atlanta, he was planning on asking you out when Pan showed up," she told her. Atlanta squirmed uncomfortably, frown on her face. She had forgotten about that little incident.

"Oh," she said softly. She scowled. "So how come he didn't after Pan was gone?"

"Why, Atlanta, are you interested in him asking you out?" Theresa grinned teasingly.

"I...I don't know," Atlanta stammered, flustered at the question. "I mean, I've never really thought of him that way, ya know? I'm not saying I wouldn't, but...he really likes me?"

"Yes Lanta. He really does," Theresa laughed, standing as the bell rang. "Why don't you give him a chance? Ask him to walk you to class or something."

"Sh-should I? I mean, won't that be weird? Theresa, he's my best friend, I can't-" Atlanta stammered nervously as they neared the table. She flushed as Archie glanced over at her, grabbing Theresa's arm and wanting to smack herself for feeling so nervous about Archie, of all people. "Theresa I can't. It'll just be way too uncomfortable and awkward!"

"Atlanta! Don't be a wuss!" Theresa admonished, practically dragging her forward. "Just do it!!"

"Oh shit, here she comes! What do I do?" Archie hissed at Jay, eyes frantic and face pale. Jay stood, dragging Archie up with him.

"Ask if you can walk her to class," Jay told him quietly.

"What?! Hell no! What kind of lame ass advice is that?!" Archie whispered as the girls neared the table.

"Archie-"

"Jay!!"

"Just do it!!" Jay hissed, shoving him forward as the girls reached them. Theresa gave Atlanta a little push at the same time, glancing over at Jay. Their eyes met and they shared the same conniving smile. Theresa grabbed her bags, intent on shooing away the other boys, who all wore expectant grins on their faces.

"H-hey Atlanta. Mind if I, uh, walk you to class?" Archie stammered nervously, looking down at the small girl hopefully, a hand behind his head.

"S-sure," Atlanta agreed softly, the pink flush on her cheeks matching his hue. Theresa broke into a giant grin as they walked away, matched by everyone else at the table. She waited till they reached the stairs before giving the victory sign.

"Aaaw yeah! We did it! We're awesome!!" she cried, bouncing around with her arms in the air. She bounced over to Jay and once again threw herself into his arms. Jay had to laugh, her ecstatic happiness highly contagious.

"Happy now?" he asked, his arms around her waist, holding her off the ground. He ignored the pointed looks being shot at him by his departing comrades. Theresa pulled back slightly to look at him, giggling breathlessly.

"Of course! They're only perfect for each other," she said, rolling her eyes. Jay had to agree, and set her down gently. She smiled up at him, head tilted sweetly to one side, arms still around his neck. "Walk me to class Jay?"

"Sure," he shrugged, now very much ignoring the large grin on the departing Odie's face. Saying goodbye to him, Jay motioned Theresa forward with one hand placed gently on the small of her back. He was going to be late for class for sure now. But how could he say no to her when she was this happy? Easy, he couldn't. They made their way silently, but comfortably, to the music room where Theresa had class.

They reached the door in silence still, Theresa turning to look up at Jay, smile on her face.

"Thanks Jay. I'll see you after school, kay?" she said, giving him a quick hug. He gave her a gentle squeeze and watched her disappear into the music room. He sighed as the bell rang and turned to go to class. Wandering down the hall, he noticed Archie coming from the opposite end. They met at the class door, sheepish looks on both their faces.

"Mr. Woodruff, Mr. Waters. Care to explain why you are late for class?" the teacher asked sharply. "To the principal."

They shared a glance, and turned to head back downstairs, thinking of how to explain this one to Hera. Jay glanced at Archie again, questioning look on his face. Archie glanced over at him.

"What?" he asked, noticing his leader's stare. Jay's mouth twitched as he tried to hold back a grin.

"Your last name is Waters?" he snickered. Archie frowned and shoved Jay into the lockers. He burst out laughing.

"Yeah, ha ha, it's oh so ironic. Shut up," he grumbled at Jay as they reached Hera's office, knocking on the door. They were called in, Jay trying to stifle his laughter. Hera raised an eyebrow at their unexpected entrance, Archie with a cross frown on his face and Jay looking about to burst with hilarity. An odd combination, to be sure.

"Jay, Archie. Is something the matter? Shouldn't you be in class?" she asked in concern. They smiled sheepishly, Archie rubbing the back of his head.

"We were late for class, so our teacher sent us down here," he admitted. Hera raised a stern eyebrow at them.

"Oh? And may I ask why you were late?" she asked, lips pursed.

"Well, I walked Atlanta to her class, so...." Archie trailed off, glancing at Jay, who was finding the floor to be very interesting at the moment.

"Same with Theresa," he mumbled, Archie grinning. Hera held back a fond smile and sighed.

"Ah. Well, make sure it doesn't happen again boys," she said, dismissing them. Saying their thanks, they departed, both breathing sighs of relief when the door closed. They made their way silently back to class, Archie with a knowing grin. Finally Jay couldn't take it anymore.

"What?" he asked, annoyed.

"Theresa, eh Jay?" he snickered. Jay blushed and shoved him away.

"Yeah, whatever, Waters," Jay smirked as the boy scowled, clearly hating his name and the amusement Jay was gaining from it.

"Shut up, Woodruff," he shot back as they entered their class once more. Jay could only smirk.

The rest of the day passed quickly, and soon enough the two boys were wandering down to the field. Settling on the bleachers, they were joined by everyone else, waiting for the girls to emerge from the locker room. Jay was still having a good laugh over Archie's unfortunate naming, while Archie sulked. Catching a glimpse of a crowd of girls emerging from inside, he decided to leave Archie alone. Theresa gave them a wave, and meandered over to them with Atlanta and a few other girls from last years hockey team. They swarmed the bleachers, greeting the boys and Robin with a cheerful chorus of hellos.

"So Theresa darlin', what was it you wanted to show me?" Robin piped up. A devilish grin spread across Theresa's face.

"Ah yes. That. Herry, if you wouldn't mind holding Jay and Archie back?" Theresa grinned as they gave a start, realizing just what she was going to show Robin. Herry grabbed the both of them, holding their struggling forms back. Giving a wicked cackle, Theresa pulled out her PMR, motioning for the girls around her to crowd in.

"Theresa!! Don't you dare!!" Archie shouted, face turning crimson. His only reply was a tongue stuck out as she turned on the PMR. There was a moment of silence before chaos broke out. Hoots of laughter, whistles of appreciation and one "Damn!" came from the group of girls.

"Hot damn Theresa!" exclaimed Midge, one of the returning girls. Stacy, a new girl, grinned at Theresa.

"How'd you ever get this?" she asked, glancing over at the two red faced boys.

"We all live together," Theresa shrugged. Robin laughed and shook her head. Looked like her old friend was still up to her tricks. Stacy gave her an envious look, while Midge shook her head.

"Disgusting isn't it? How unjust life can be. I mean, just how the hell did you end up living with five hotties and only sharing them with one other girl?" Midge complained. Theresa and Atlanta shared a smirk.

"Oh trust me, it's not as good as you would think," Atlanta rolled her eyes, Theresa nodding her head in agreement.

"No kidding. Like when they leave the toilet seat up in the middle of the night, and you don't notice? Practically fall into the damn thing," Theresa glared at her bathroom mates. Archie glared back at her while Jay pouted once more. She giggled. He was so cute when he did that. "But like you said, they're hot, so we'll keep them."

"No shit. Look at those abs. Mmm mm. Very nice Archie," grinned Ashley, Midge's best friend. Midge turned to look over at Jay and Archie, who had turned quite an interesting shade of red.

"Say, you boys won't mind if we mentally undress you, will ya?" she asked, earning more laughs as heads turned to stare at the squirming, flushing duo.

"Yes we do mind!! So get your minds outta the gutter!" Archie shouted as Jay sighed in defeat. Today was so not his day. Herry released them both, and they slumped forward, sharing a commiserative sigh and quietly enduring the giggles coming from their little group. Jay glanced up when they stopped suddenly.

"Oh my god. What the hell is she doing here?" Midge hissed, looking back towards the school. Walking towards them was none other than Felicity, the girl from the mall that Theresa seemed to hate, followed by a flock of other pretty, popular, bubblegum headed tarts.

"Please don't tell me she's trying out for the team," Atlanta glared, shifting closer to Theresa, who also glared in the girl's direction. "Isn't there like a law against it?"

"There should be," Ashley snorted in disgust, sitting on the other side of Atlanta. Robin gave them a confused look.

"Why? What's wrong with her?" she asked. Theresa glanced back at her.

"Remember me telling you about Anna Maria in England? The skanky bitch who slept with the principal?" she asked, earning a nod from Robin. "Yeah, well meet the American version. Felicity Garrows. Her main hobbies include sleeping with anyone and everyone, and tormenting Atlanta and a few other select girls."

"She torments Atlanta? And still lives? Something is wrong in the world," Archie cut in sarcastically. He gave Atlanta a questioning glance. "How in the hell does she torment you Lannie? You're the toughest person I know."

Atlanta bit her lip and leaned into Theresa, who slung an arm around her shoulders. Sure, she was tough. When it came to beating up punks, and putting up with boys, and fighting Cronus. Anything physical. But the vindictive mind of a teenage female bent on making her life a living hell? She was raised in the wilderness surrounded by men, she didn't know how to handle Felicity's cruel taunts with anything but violence, which would only get her detention or worse.

"Hey girls," Felicity greeted them breezily, sauntering up to the group, a suggestive sway in her stride. She gave the boys a wink and smiled falsely at the girls. Theresa gave her a sickly sweet smile in response.

"Why Theresa, it's so good to see you again. Ashley, Midge, you too," she spared them a glance before narrowing her eyes maliciously on Atlanta. "Atlanta. Still flat as ever I see. You'd think you might have grown a little over the summer."

She gave a cruel laugh as Atlanta flushed and averted her eyes, crossing her arms protectively over her chest. The boys looked at each other in bewildered amazement at this new turn as Theresa continued to smile at Felicity, her eyes as cold and hard as stone.

"Felicity. Still a whoring little bitch I see. You'd think you'd have learned to keep your legs closed over the summer," she shot back, fully prepared to take her on in a battle of quick remarks, unlike Atlanta. The false smile slipped from Felicity's face as she glared at Theresa.

"Really? I thought that's what you should be doing, considering your, ahem, living arrangements and all. I suppose it's a regular petting zoo isn't it?" Felicity remarked snidely, glancing at the boys who bristled at the suggestive remarks aimed at their little family unit. Theresa stood up, hands planted on her hips and walked slowly up to Felicity.

"Well you'd be the expert on petting, I would imagine," she smiled, stopping in front of the curvy brunette. "You do give a whole new meaning to the term Teacher's 'Pet', after all."

"You just think you're the hot, rich shit, don't you O'Shea?" Felicity spat, hands fisting on her hips, eyes narrowed disparagingly. Theresa tossed her hair over her shoulder nonchalantly and smirked at the brunette.

"No, I know I'm the hot, rich shit, Garrows. And from what I've heard coming out of the boys' locker room, you're just shit," Theresa grinned maliciously as the girl in front of her flushed angrily, and stepped closer, inches away from Theresa.

"You better watch it O'Shea, or else Atlanta's not the only one of you little whores I'll be coming after," Felicity hissed, turning to walk away. Theresa's hand quickly snapped out and grabbed her arm, hauling her back. Theresa leaned in, lips almost brushing her ear.

"No, you better watch it Garrows. You stay the hell away from Atlanta, or so help me, nobody will be able to recognize you once I'm done rearranging your face. Understand?" she murmured softly to Felicity, making sure Atlanta didn't hear them. Felicity's head whirled around to stare Theresa in the eye.

"Is that a threat?" she glared, shaking her arm loose, backing away a step. Theresa smiled wickedly, and turned to go back to the bench.

"No. It's a promise," she threw over her shoulder, her words as sweet as poisoned honey. She blew her a kiss and sat back down beside Atlanta. Felicity gave her one last glare before turning her nose up in the air and walking to the other side of the field. Atlanta had pulled her knees up to her chest, and now glared after Felicity, eyes glassy.

"I hate that girl. What's her problem anyways?" she growled thickly, staring down at the grass. Archie stared at his best friend in incredulous wonder.

"You're not seriously letting her bother you, are you?" he asked in wonder, as she turned her face away from him, flushing uncomfortably. "I mean, what she says. You don't believe her?"

"How can I not when it's so pathetically true?" Atlanta snorted, disgusted at herself and a little humiliated that Archie had witnessed that. Theresa frowned and pulled Atlanta into a hug.

"No it's not Atlanta. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your body. You're just petite. And she's just a stupid whore," she said sternly, frowning at her young friend. Midge stood and dragged Atlanta up with her.

"Damn right! I mean, look at that cute little ass you've got!" she cried, slapping Atlanta on said behind, earning an indignant 'Hey!' from the redhead. "I'd kill for a butt like yours."

"Same here," Ashley nodded. She grinned wickedly and glanced over at Archie. "And I'm sure there are plenty of people who like your body as it is. Or at least one."

"Huh?" Atlanta wrinkled her nose in confusion, earning a round of giggles from the girls surrounding her. Midge shook her head as the coach arrived, blowing his whistle to gather the girls.

"Never mind Lan. Come on, let's go tear it up!" she shouted, bounding onto the field. Theresa smiled and grabbed Atlanta's arm, pulling her along. She glanced down at her, noticing a sad frown still on her pretty face. She gave a little bump with her hip.

"Hey. You gonna be okay?" she asked softly. Atlanta nodded and sighed.

"Yea, I'm fine. I'm just....so embarrassed. That she said those things in front of Archie. I mean, he's always thought of me as being this tough person who can take on anything....but Felicity just....Honesty, our relationship is kinda weird right now as is," she rambled softly, glancing back at the bleachers as they warmed up, a good ways away from Felicity. "We're going out tonight. You know, like, on a date. Sort of. More like just the two of us hanging out. But still."

"Don't worry about it so much Lan. Archie likes you the way you are. All of you," Theresa winked suggestively. "Let's just concentrate on kicking Felicity's ass in warm-up, okay?"

"I'll second that motion," Midge cut in, catching the end of their conversation. Ashley stood next to her, and smacked one fist into her palm threateningly.

"I'll third it," she laughed, eyeing up the brunette maliciously. "Let's do this ladies!"

And with a chorus of whoops and hollers, they stormed the field, intent on maiming their prey before the day was out.

Sign up to rate and review this story