Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Chapter Four: Of All the Gin Joints in All the World

by cabbagepatchbum 1 review

unpretty

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-07-27 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 660 words

0Unrated
We walked back into the apartment. Everyone looked up at us like we had been gone for days. I let Sheeba off her leash and gave her a Milkbone. I took my Panic! At the Disco hoodie off and walked into my bedroom. I sat on my bed and called Camden. I still had to go to the mall and get his, Marcel's, and now the guys' from Fall Out Boy presents.

"Hello?" I heard Camden answer his phone.

"Hey you!" I said as Pete and Patrick walked into my room. I motioned for them to sit on the bed with me. They sat gingerly on my slippery pink comforter making me smile.

"Hey, what are you up to?" Camden asked.

"I was going to head over to the mall and do some shoppin'. Wanna meet me there?" I asked looking at Pete and Patrick. They looked like they had hoped to tag along with me.

"Hells yes kiddo! What time?" Camden asked really excited.

"Um, in about thirty minutes?" I asked him, glancing at the clock on my bedside table.

"Yeah, that'll work! See you there," Camden said.

"Ciao," I said hanging up the phone next to the clock.

"Can we come?" Patrick busted out. Pete giggled girlishly.

"Well, I guess so," I said thinking. If they came, it could boost my point in popularity, but I really did not care about popularity. I never would be popular.

"Squee! We get to go to the mall with a hot chick!" Patrick hopped up and danced around. Pete and I balled up in laughter.

"I'm not hot," I said frankly. I never thought I was even pretty. The only guys I ever hung out with were Camden, Marcel and the guys in their band. No one ever hit on me, and I did not date. Music was my love, so was school and Sheeba. I did not want anything coming between that.

"Yeah, you are, Gayle!" Pete said. I shook my head unbelievably. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I threw on my leather jacket and grabbed my keys. Pete and Patrick just stood there gaping at me.

"What?" I asked turning when I realized that they were not following.

"You really don't think you are pretty?" Patrick asked. I nodded.

"Hun, you're gorgeous," Pete said smiling.

"Uh-huh. Well let's go," I said unbelievably. I twirled my keys around my index finger, grabbed my purse, and headed out of my room.

Pete looked at Patrick, "Do you think she is pretty?" Patrick nodded. "Me too."

They followed Gayle out to the living room. She went into the kitchen and grabbed a mug out of the refrigerator. They looked at her smiling.

"You guys wanna come?" Gayle asked looking at Andy and Joe. They looked up at me with both Patrick and Pete on either side of me, then they shook their heads "no" as Kyle dealt out a hand of cards. It looked like they were playing poker.

"Where're you all heading?" Carrie asked wiping her hands on her jeans.

"We're gonna meet Camden over at the mall, then I figured we could meet Marcel at Camden's so I can exchange Christmas presents," I said.

"I thought Marcel was Jewish," Kyle said.

"That doesn't mean we can't exchange Christmas presents," I said slinging my purse on my arm.

"Okay. Pete, Patrick, don't let her do anything stupid," Carrie said. I glared at her. She had caught me drinking at Camden's once. She was disappointed, but I really did not care. She was not my mother.

We made our way down to my car. I pressed the alarm to unlock it. Patrick climbed into the tiny backseat and Pete sat next to me in the passenger seat.

"What did Carrie mean?" Patrick spoke up.

"She doesn't like it 'cause I like to drink a little," I said starting the car.

Pleeease read and review! It stimulates my motivation to write!
Sign up to rate and review this story