Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Chapter Five: Growing Up

by cabbagepatchbum 1 review

the mall with fall out boy

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-07-29 - Updated: 2006-07-29 - 969 words

0Unrated
Once we got to the mall, Pete and Patrick stuck to me like glue. I thought I was going to suffocate they were so close. I kept getting these looks like "Dude, is that chick with the guys from Fall Out Boy?" I just shrugged it off.

I saw Camden outside of Hot Topic. He was looking at the floor kicking an invisible rock. His dark hair in his eyes. He was wearing girl pants and a From Autumn to Ashes shirt. I smiled. I was with him the night that he got that shirt. His Vans sneakers were worn. He looked up at me and smiled as his eyes fell on me. I broke away from Pete and Patrick and threw my arms around him. He was my best friend in the whole world. He was the only one that truly understood me.

"Um, Gayle?" Camden said as he pulled away from me.

"What, Cam?" I asked as I followed his glance to Pete and Patrick.

"Is that Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump with you?" he asked in disbelief.

"Oh, yeah. Camden Lowe, this is Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump. Pete, Patrick, this is Camden Lowe; my bestest friend in the world," I said formally introducing the three. Camden took their hands apprehensively. I smiled. I knew my old friends and my new friends would be good pals.

"Why didn't you tell me you had half of Fall Out Boy staying with you?" Camden asked. I smiled smartly.

"'Cause I don't have half of Fall Out Boy staying with me," I said, and Pete and Patrick giggled.

"But --," Camden started.

I cut him off, "I have all of Fall Out Boy staying with me," I smirked.

"WHAT?" Camden asked shocked.

"Yeah, her roommates met us while they were on their honeymoon in Chicago, and we decided to come and spend the holidays with them.," Pete said putting an arm around me.

Camden looked at me like "Gee, Gay, you really are picky about who you date. You waited to date anyone again until freakin' Pete Wentz came into your life." I just smiled and shrugged. Who knew? As much as he and I were hanging out, it might happen. He was a cutie.

"So? Christmas shopping?" I asked leading the boys into Hot Topic. I went made a bee-line to the back to search through the CDs. I knew I wanted to get Marcel The Plimsouls, an 80s punk band, album. I found it, then I searched for the Epoxies album that Camden did not have yet. I new he loved them.

"What do you want for Christmas, Gayle?" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned and saw Patrick and Pete standing there. I smiled. I did not know what I wanted. I shrugged.

"Oh, come on Gayle! There has to be something!" Patrick pleaded with me. I thought for a moment. I really had no clue. I thought really hard. I glanced up behind Patrick and saw a Labrynth throw blanket with matching pillow.

I grinned and pointed, "Those." They looked up and saw what I was pointing too. The boys turned to me and nodded. Then, they traipsed off. I turned back around to search for musical presents for the boys from Fall Out Boy. I found the new Acid Bath video collection and decided to get that for Joe. Then I selected the movie Legend for Andy. Then I put some thought into what to get for Patrick and Pete. I spent the most time with them that day. I really liked them too. They seemed to genuinely care what happened to me. I found a cute beanie for Patrick. It had a monkey on it, but it was not a feminine monkey.

It took me a little longer to find something for Pete. I was starting to develop a crush, and I knew it. I had not date anyone since my last boyfriend, Luke. He and I broke up about two weeks after my parents death. I could not handle continuing a relationship with the deaths and moving into a new home with Sheeba. I kind of hoped that Carrie would let Pete bunk with me that night.

I looked into the jewelry cabinet and saw it, Pete's present. It was a silver Celtic cross on a leather rope. It was perfect. It was one of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry I had ever laid my eyes on. Then again, I did not wear much jewelry. The only necklace I wore was a strand of my mother's pearls that she left me in her will.

We all secretly paid for everything and hid our presents in our bags. I was the first out, followed by Pete and Patrick, and finally Camden.

"Are we heading back to my place? I told Marcel to meet us there," Camden said.

"Oh hun, you always read my mind," I said placing my arm around Camden's slim waist. Pete's eyes narrowed at this display of affection. I caught it, but did not allow it to phase me.

"Let's go!" I said and we all headed out to our cars to head out to Camden's. Patrick decided to ride with Camden so he would not have to cram himself into the backseat of my car.

Pete put their presests with mine in the trunk of my car. Pete sat next to me in the car. He smiled at me as I turned the station from some random rap song.

"So, have you and Camden ever dated?" Pete asked shyly.

"Uh-uh," I said gripping my hands on the wheel.

Pete sighed. I could not tell if it was relief or uncomfortable. I smiled meekly and continued driving to Camden's house across town.

If you review I'll write faster!
Sign up to rate and review this story