Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Chapter Six: Grenade Jumper

by cabbagepatchbum 4 reviews

a little bit of pre-christmas

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-07-29 - Updated: 2006-07-29 - 1133 words

0Unrated
We pulled into Camden's driveway, and I pulled out Marcel and Camden's presents out of the trunk and stuffed them in the pockets of my hoodie, memorizing which was which. Pete came around to the trunk and put an arm around my waist. I looked up at him inquisitively.

"What?" I asked closing the trunk so he did not get any ideas about searching for his present, which was actually in my jeans pockets.

"I have the best Christmas present for you," he said smiling down at me. I looked up at him and shook my head. I turned and he followed me into Camden's front door. I saw Marcel sitting on the couch staring with a glazed look at Patrick. Patrick looked up at Pete and me and smiled. Marcel turned and saw me with Pete. He got up and hugged me, and stared at Pete.

"Mars Bars, staring isn't nice. Didn't you're momma teach you anything?" I laughed at him.

"Sorry," Marcel mumbled. I looked at him and smiled. He was in more shock than Camden had been. Camden stood up from next to where Patrick was sitting and moved over to guide Marcel back to the couch. Pete and I went and sat on the loveseat.

"Me first!" Camden said. He handed both Marcel and I packages. Marcel tore into his package first. He had a Chinese pagoda keepsake box. Marcel had a soft spot for Oriental things. He quietly thanked Camden, and I opened my package. It was a beautiful Swortski crystal necklace. It was beautiful. I looked up at Camden in awe. I did not know how to thank him. I felt bad about just getting him a CD.

"Wow, Cam. I - uh - thanks!" I stammered. I glanced over at Pete who was eyeing the jewelry without phase. I got up and hugged Camden. He squoze me extra hard. I giggled and handed the two boys their CDs. Marcel laughed at the Plimsouls' album. He hugged me and thanked me. Camden smiled at the Epoxies' album and hugged me.

"It's exactly what I wanted!" he giggled. Marcel handed Camden and I each a package. Camden opened his first and revealed a signed Sex Pistol's vinil. Camden smiled and thanked Marcel, and I opened my present. It was a set of six Atreyu tickets for the day after our show. I hugged Marcel. He knew how much I loved Atreyu.

"Aww, man! These tickets have been sold out for a month! Trust me, I tried to get some! Gaw, thanks, Mars Bars!" I hugged him. "You and Cam are coming right?" Each of the boys nodded, and I looked at Pete and Patrick. "You too?" They nodded as well. Who else was I going to bring? I figured I would sleep on it.

"Well, loves, Carrie must be wondering where we are. I should get these two back before their bandmates send out a search party," I said.

"Aight, kiddo," Camden said, standing up and hugging me. Marcel hugged me too.

"Thanks for the presents boys," I said moving toward the door with Pete and Patrick behind me. They waved toward Camden and Marcel and followed me out the door.

We got into the car and headed back to the apartment silently. I saw Pete wring his hands nervously. I curiously wondered what he was thinking. I smiled to myself and continued driving home.

When we got home, I walked in the door and Sheeba jumped on me. I was carrying a bag holding the boys' presents and was trying to maintain my balance.

"Down, Sheebs!" I said sternly and my friendly dog hopped down and went to her spot next to my beanbag where Joe was sitting. I carried the bags into my room. I guessed that Pete and Patrick would sit and converse with Carrie and Kyle.

I sat on my bed and flipped on my stereo. I flipped on Taking Back Sunday's "You're So Last Summer." It was Luke's and my song. I had been thinking about Luke a lot since Pete got here. Pete was a gorgeous emo boy, but he would eventually leave. And I would be alone again. I could not handle being left again. My parents had left me alone here, and Luke yelled at me a lot when I was grieving. Suddenly there was a knock at my door.

"Yo!" I said figuring it was Carrie.

The door open and there was Pete. I looked at him and smiled slightly. Then, I looked down and picked at an invisible thread on my bed spread. He sat next to me and looked over my shoulder to see what I was picking at.

"Can we exchange presents now?" he asked me smiling. I nodded and reached into my pants for his necklace. I handed it to him, and he smiled.

"It's very handsome. Thanks. Will you put it on me?" he said. I nodded. I turned and put my arms around his neck and weaved a knot with the two sides of the leather thong. As I finished and was pulling my hands back he caught my hands as my hands passed his ears. I looked into his amber eyes. I looked down at me and abruptly, his lips crashed on mine. I kissed him back. Fear and worry seemed to melt away. He leaned me back on my bed and deepened the kiss. His hands danced with the hem of my shirt. When he started pulling up my shirt, I stopped and sat up.

"What's wrong?" Pete asked. I looked down at Pete and smiled.

"Pete, I'm not that kind of girl. I won't just have sex with you 'cause you're Peter Wentz of Fall Out Boy," I said quietly.

"Gayle, I never thought you were that kind of girl. I think you are a gorgeous, smart, and caring girl. If you aren't ready to have sex, that's fine with me, but I would really like to take you out on a date," he said brushing a strand of hair out of my eyes. I nodded. Maybe he really did like me.

"Now for your present," he said sitting up. I cocked my head to one side. "Carrie said that you could come on tour with us for the rest of your senior year. The guys and I talked about it and we'll get you a private tutor so you can finish high school and not lose your Harvard acceptance. What do you say?" Pete said smiling.

"I -- I don't know what to say!" I said in a mild state of shock.

"Say you'll come," Pete said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yes! Of course I'll come!" I said kissing his cheek.

READ AND REVIEW AND YOU'LL GET ANOTHER POST FAAAST!
Sign up to rate and review this story