Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cigarettes and sass

Fingers and thumbs

by XxlovefrankieroxX 10 reviews

I don't know why the thumbs... It sounded good in my head... I need sleep ;___;

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2013-01-13 - Updated: 2013-01-13 - 9263 words

5Original
When Gerard woke up early the next morning he couldn’t bring himself to leave Frank’s arms. He was warm and content and he just felt completely whole entwined around his lover’s body. He smiled to himself and nuzzled into Frank’s neck, whispering softly that he needed to get to work but no matter how much he tried to convince himself to move he just couldn’t do it. The thought of having to get to New York and then do a whole day’s work was just too daunting. All he wanted was to stay with Frank and sleep all morning.

Forcing himself to get out of bed Gerard moved to the bathroom to shower and attempt to wake himself up. He was just washing the last of the shampoo from out of his hair when slick arms wrapped around his waist and lips nuzzled against the back of his neck. Gerard jumped in surprise at first but then smiled to himself, exhaling slowly when he felt Frank’s cock, already semi-hard pressing against the curve of his ass.

“Frankie?” He purred, tilting his head back and sighing in delight as Frank eagerly kissed and nibbled at the length of his throat. His hands were stroking across Gerard’s chest, teasing his nipples and making him moan softly. He could feel himself waking up more, though he stayed relaxed and he grinned quietly. “I gotta leave in half an hour sugar...”

“I can be quick.” Frank smirked, rocking his hips gently against Gerard’s ass to rub his cock against him. His erection was growing to full length now and Gerard’s own cock perked up at the feeling. He pushed back gently against Frank and groaned in delight when Frank wasted no time in sliding his hand down Gerard’s stomach to wrap around his semi and stroke him into an aching erection.

“F – Fuck...” Gerard sighed, arching more against Frank and pushing his hips forward into his slowly pumping fist. “Frankie... Baby, I love you.” He smiled softly, Frank turning him round with ease to pin him against the shower wall and smother his lips in a heated, but somehow still tender kiss.

“I love you Gee...” He sighed, mewling as he kissed him long and deep, tongue probing into his mouth and lapping at the roof of his mouth. Gerard groaned as vivid flashbacks of the night before swam through his mind, the way Frank had so expertly rimmed him and he moaned hungrily into Frank’s mouth. God, he wanted to feel that again. He wanted to feel so much more than that.

“Frankie... Nnghh... Frank God, I...” His cock was starting to pulse and twitch so hard Frank could easily feel it against his thigh and he smirked, hearing an unspoken request in Gerard’s voice and he pulled back slightly, tugging on his lower lip with his teeth.

“What is it baby?” He purred, the hot water of the shower raining down over them and making their skin shine. Their hair was plastered to their foreheads and the nape of their necks, and Frank was really hoping that Gerard was trying to ask what he thought he was. Last night had been incredible for the both of them, and Frank was praying that he had done enough of a good job that some of Gerard’s fears surrounding anal sex had disappeared. He wasn’t going to push anymore, wanting Gerard to decide for himself from now on exactly how far they went when it came to his body.

Gerard huffed gently against Frank’s mouth, moaning weakly and nudging his hips forward so that his cock slid against Frank’s wet thigh. He could feel the heat radiating from Frank’s own erection and part of him just wanted to join them together and rut hard against one another until they came. But then a bigger part of him wanted something more intimate than that. He considered asking Frank if he thought they could squeeze in a quick fuck before work, but as much as Gerard loved fucking Frank the thought didn’t make his cock throb half as much as when he dared to think about the night before.

Gerard wanted Frank’s tongue in his ass again, and the thought made his whole body flush with embarrassment.

“Frankie I... I want...” He sighed softly, not sure he could say it. He was certain Frank could tell what he wanted, and he was half expecting him to supply the answer for him like he usually did. But this time he wouldn’t do it... Frank kept silent, waiting for Gerard to tell him himself as he kissed and sucked at his neck, driving the artist wild with need. He didn’t have time to hesitate or be shy; he knew he could ask Frank this... He knew he could, and he didn’t consider himself to be a bashful lover but... he had never asked anyone for something like this before. He was so used to trying to convince people that he really didn’t want it, too consumed by his own fear, that now he considered voicing the words he found he couldn’t speak them.

“Frankie please... Please.” He groaned, bucking his hips forward again before pushing back against the hands that had come down to gently squeeze his ass. Their bodies were soaked and it helped with every movement, Frank’s mouth slicking down Gerard’s collarbone and the older man was beyond himself at just the thought of that hot mouth doing the same thing against his ass.

“What? What do you want Gee, tell me.” Frank groaned, practically begged and Gerard choked out the words before he could hesitate anymore.

“I want you to do it again...” He gasped, his hands coming down to seize Frank’s hips and yank him forward, rubbing their wet cocks together and making them both moan huskily. “Th – That thing... With your tongue... Nnghh... D – Do it again...” He whimpered, his whole body feeling like it was on fire from the desire.

“O – Oh... Fuck mm... W – What thing?” Frank gasped, a devious smirk on his lips and Gerard groaned in frustration. Of course Frank knew exactly what he was talking about, he just wanted him to spell it out.

“Th – That thing with your tongue in my ass.” He grunted, pushing aside his embarrassment with ease thanks to his lust making his mind cloud up. He didn’t care what he was asking for anymore, he just wanted it. God, he needed it. His cock was throbbing and there was a strange pulsing between his ass cheeks, his whole core aching for Frank to hurry up and give him want he wanted.

“Mm, anything you want Gee.” Frank smirked, his heart racing with delight and he tiptoed up, wrapping his arms tight around Gerard’s neck for a moment as he kissed him fiercely. He felt a strange lump in his throat, overwhelmed that Gerard had asked him for this. This was the outcome he had hoped for, but he hadn’t really believed it could happen. Everything was going better than he had ever imagined and for a moment he just had to kiss Gerard and try to convey through their lips how much he loved him.

When Frank finally pulled away from Gerard’s lips both men were panting, their eyes shining and faces flushed. Frank dropped to his knees without another word, Gerard’s cock twitching in his line of view but he resisted the urge to take him into his mouth and instead took hold of his hips to turn him round. Gerard moved with no resistance, his heart racing with anticipation.

“God Gee, you’re so hot.” Frank groaned, kissing and biting with a lust fuelled hunger over Gerard’s lower back and buttocks. Gerard had placed his hands flat against the wet shower wall, bowing his head and bracing himself as the water from the shower cascaded down his back.

Knowing they didn’t have much time Frank was quick to part the cheeks of Gerard’s ass and watch with glazed eyes as the water running down the older man’s spine filtered down the cleft of his ass and spilt like a waterfall over his puckered entrance. Frank’s body was already quivering with delight, eager to get started. He had rimmed plenty of guys in his job, but it always felt a little disgusting. Though every rimming scene in porn began with an off camera thorough cleaning it always just seemed a bit revolting getting up close and personal with a strangers backside. Gerard on the other hand had the opposite effect on Frank and the younger man’s mouth practically watered as he leant forward and began to snake his tongue teasingly up and down the cleft between his cheeks.

Gerard began to moan softly already, his muscles spasming and his cock jerking so violently it lifted further towards his stomach before bobbing back down again to point straight forward. Frank’s tongue was fluttering over his hole and making his body tingle all over, pre cum starting to leak from his tip almost immediately. This was fast becoming his new favourite thing and he spoke through quiet moans, reminding Frank they had little time.

“Mm... Don’t worry Gee...” Frank purred, knowing he could get Gerard off in an instant. He stopped teasing and focused the point of his tongue against Gerard’s anus, licking and rubbing and feeling the muscles relaxing slowly but surely. Though Gerard was still extremely tense he relaxed a lot quicker than he had the night before, spurred on by the knowledge it would feel good along with the hot water coaxing his muscles to relent.

Frank could taste the hot water from the shower on his tongue and he pushed the wet muscle harder against Gerard’s ass, moaning in slight surprise when it slid into him with ease. Gerard was starting to shake slightly, moaning with his face pressed into his bicep to muffle the sounds echoing round the shower. It felt just as good as he remembered and he struggled not to push back as his cock leaked more and more pre cum.

“F – Frankie... Oh... Oh God...” He groaned, his voice somewhat strained and he just had to drop a hand down off the wall to wrap around his erection and stroke rapidly. He tightened his fist around the base and dragged his hand up, his tip sticky with pre cum which he smoothed about the head using his thumb. He was starting to jerk his hips erratically as he felt his orgasm swiftly approaching and he found himself begging for more before he could really think about what he was saying.

“Fuck Frankie m – more... Please, God babe I need... n – need more...” He gasped, somehow his rapidly building orgasm just not enough. He wanted more, he wanted everything. Frank seemed hesitant, his licking ceasing but Gerard continued to beg, refusing to give in now. Never before had he felt the desire for what he was asking, but now he did he wasn’t going to let go of it easily. It was about damn time he felt like this.

“Frankie fuck, please!” He gasped, Frank groaning and shaking his head dazedly, water getting into his eyes so that he could barely see as he went back to fucking Gerard with his tongue. He could easily feel how relaxed the older man’s muscles were and so, with a racing heart, he shakily did as he asked and slicked a finger past his tongue to press slowly into the older man.

Gerard’s hips twitched, then jolted, and for a moment he almost tried to pull away but then instinctively he threw his hips back and pressed down against the finger sliding into him. His muscles were clenching tight, and usually Frank would have waited for them to relax further but Gerard was insistent. He was moaning loudly now, head thrown back and fist working heatedly over his own erection.

“Fuck! FUCK! Oh God its... Oh God I’ve actually...” He couldn’t seem to get the words out, but Frank sympathised. He knew what he was trying to say and he nodded, moving his lips to kiss against his lower back as he slowly thrusted his finger, Gerard’s tight heat dragging against his knuckles.

“I know Gee... I know...” He whispered, moaning slightly himself and just having to use his free hand to wrap around his cock and stroke in time to Gerard’s own jacking off.

Gerard was completely beyond himself, his head spinning, completely overwhelmed by what was happening. Sure he had asked for it but he hadn’t been prepared, but now that Frank’s finger was inside him he just felt so proud of himself. He remembered fleetingly how Bert had never been able to get a single finger inside him no matter how hard he pushed, and now he could feel Frank sliding in a second to join the first.

Gerard’s moaning grew louder, barely a second apart each wanton cry as he pushed his hips back and forth to slam down over Frank’s fingers and then buck back into his own fist. The fingers didn’t feel all too good, the two of them were stretching him and they felt alien and wrong, but somehow it crashed him into his orgasm full force. It certainly didn’t hurt anywhere near as much as he had expected, Bert’s fingers had hurt more than this and they hadn’t even penetrated him. The slow, somewhat rough drag of Frank’s fingers pressed inside him was nothing more than a small ache. More than anything it was just all sensation, not quite good or bad, just solid and there.

Frank could feel himself getting closer and closer, and he mostly kept his fingers still inside the older man as Gerard pressed down against them. He tried to angle them in a way that they would slide easier inside him, trying to just make Gerard at least comfortable but then before he knew it Gerard was clenching hard around them, crying out Frank’s name as he came hard over his own hand.

Gerard gasped and groaned, choking out loud moans as he pumped his hand faster and faster, milking his orgasm for a long moment before he slowed his hand down and just dragged out the last few drops of cum. He felt in shock, his head swimming from the force of his orgasm. The orgasm he had achieved with two fingers deep in his ass...

“Oh God...” Gerard breathed, hissing in discomfort when Frank’s fingers slid out of him and he slumped down to his knees, bowing his head and panting as Frank grunted behind him and Gerard knew had achieved his own climax.

Frank panted softly as he milked his orgasm for as long as he could before allowing the water to wash his hand clean. He felt just as in shock as Gerard and his heart pounded at the realisation of what they had done. Gerard had begged him and he had reacted... but now he couldn’t help but worry that it had been too much too soon. The artist certainly seemed to have enjoyed it, but Frank just felt like things had happened entirely different to how he had wanted them to. He had hoped they would get to the fingering stage fairly soon, but he had expected it to be slow and romantic, lying in bed after discussing it for a while first. This had been fast and gritty and though Frank had loved it at the time his quickly clearing head turned to panic.

“Gee?” He asked breathlessly, sliding forward on his knees, to wrap his arms weakly around Gerard’s back to rest on his chest, nuzzling the back of his neck. “Gee... Gerard... Are you okay?” He breathed, praying to God he hadn’t overstepped a mark.

For a moment Gerard was silent, just letting the water wash down over them both as he felt Frank’s body pressed against his back. He felt a little shocked still, but as his lust disappeared he felt himself slowly relaxing.

“I’m fine...” He sighed, smiling almost drunkenly and he slid his hands up to rest over Frank’s squeezing gently. “I’m sorry I... I got a little carried away.” He admitted softly, though he chuckled a little as he blushed. He turned slowly to face Frank, letting him see how relaxed he was and he grinned as he gently pecked his lips. “I’m sorry if I put you on the spot there... I love you.” He sighed, Frank breathing a long sigh of relief himself and he nodded, cupping Gerard’s face and kissing him for a moment longer.

“I’m just glad you’re alright. I was worried I... Went too far.” He confessed, but Gerard just shook his head with a warm smile.

“I asked for it.” He reminded him, chuckling softly and he grinned again, kissing Frank a little more passionately this time. “Mmm... Thank you. I’m... I’m glad we did that I... I never thought I could...” Gerard trailed off, not needing to remind either of them just how terrified he had always been of something like that. He was stunned that it had happened so quickly and with relatively little build up... But maybe that was just what he had needed all these years. To stop thinking about it and instead get caught up in the heat of the moment.

Frank sighed and nodded, smiling as for a while the two men just stayed under the warm spray of the shower and kissed gently. The moment was perfect but short lived, Gerard reluctantly getting to his feet and mentioning that he needed to get to work for what felt like the hundredth time. No matter how much he said it he just couldn’t bring himself to get motivated to go.

Frank resisted the urge to try and tempt the older man to take the day off, knowing he needed to be supportive and just wait patiently for him to get back from work rather than stop him from going at all. He waited in his towel, just letting Gerard dry himself and dress quickly. When they made their way back into the bedroom and saw the time Gerard flew into a blind panic to get himself ready to leave on time. He threw on his shirt and trousers and gathered up everything he needed for the office. Frank watched him with a fond smirk on his face, just lounging against the wall in his towel and saying nothing.

“Right, I better be off then.” Gerard sighed, fumbling with his jacket before he rushed over to Frank and pressed a quick, heated kiss to his lips. “I’ll be home later, you’ll still be here right?” He asked, Frank following him out of the bedroom and through the living room to the door.

“If you want me to be.” He smirked in response to Gerard’s question, the older man flashing him a soft smile, his eyes sparkling.

“God yes. I want you here.” He chuckled, turning to kiss Frank again. When they broke apart he glanced to the sofa where the blankets Bert had been using were neatly folded and stacked to one end. It was barely seven am so he had no idea why the blonde wasn’t still sleeping there. “Huh... I wonder where Bert went.”

Frank glanced at the sofa but simply shrugged, honestly not too bothered what had happened to the older man. He turned to rest his hands on Gerard’s chest, playing with his shirt collar for a moment and smiling as they shared another quick kiss. It was obvious that both of them were reluctant to spend the day apart, but Gerard forced himself to take the lead and pull back, opening the door to leave.

“He must have gone out for coffee or something...” He mumbled in relevance to Bert. It wouldnt be the first time that he had, but he had certainly never gone this early before. But then, he realised with a blush, he had probably heard them in the shower and decided to get out of the house until they were done. Gerard’s cheeks flamed at the thought but he didn’t have time to mull over it, instead he simply kissed Frank one last, desperate time before he flew out the door with a loud -

“Bye! I love youu!”

Frank giggled to himself and shook his head, unable to wipe the lazy smile off his face as he shut the door and wandered into the kitchen to make some breakfast. He wasn’t usually an early riser, but since he had dragged himself awake to join Gerard in the shower he figured he may as well stay up and maybe do something productive.

Flicking on the coffee machine Frank turned to grab the milk from the fridge when the note stuck to the front caught his eye. At first he simply registered it to be a piece of paper, perhaps a shopping list, but by the time he had grabbed the milk and was closing the door again he had realised it had Bert’s name signed on the bottom and he frowned curiously as he shut the fridge door and pulled the note off it.

The handwriting was bad, barely legible, and Frank guessed Bert must have written it in a rush. He expected it to simply say he had gone out for coffee like Gerard had suggested, but it was a bit long to be just about coffee. Frank slowly put down the milk and leant against the side, trying to decipher the handwriting and read the words written on the paper.

’Gerard,
Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. If it weren’t for you I’d probably be dead right now, and I don’t want you to think I don’t appreciate it because I do. I know you say that I’m not imposing by being here, but I feel worse with each day because I still haven’t left.
I’m really happy for you and Frank. I really hope things work out this time. You seem to be very in love.
Thanks again for everything.
I can’t stay here any longer. I’m getting in the way of your life and I need to leave sooner or later. I’ll find a job and a place to stay on my own. Please don’t worry about me.
Be happy. Thanks... again.
Bert.’


The note seemed very disjointed and it was clear that Bert had simply wrote what he was thinking as he thought it. It wasn’t very well put together and Frank could only just imagine how Bert had scribbled it last minute before leaving the apartment. But when exactly? This morning? Last night? He had still been on the couch when he and Gerard had disappeared into the bedroom the night before, he was sure of it, but he could have left five minutes after that for all Frank knew.

The porn star sighed and ran a hand through his hair, his heart beginning to race. It didn’t take him long to realise that if Gerard knew about this he’d be devastated. He was clearly worried about Bert and he hadn’t been trying so hard the past few days to help him just for the guy to up and leave without a moment’s notice. If Gerard came back to find Bert gone he’d be distraught, and Frank couldn’t very well sit down and do nothing about it.

Praying that Bert hadn’t left too long ago Frank forgot about his coffee and rushed back into the bedroom to find his clothes. Now that the initial shock had worn off he was starting to feel pissed off. He didn’t want to spend the day driving around New Jersey to try and find Gerard’s ex boyfriend, but he didn’t feel like he had much choice. He would do anything to keep Gerard happy, and deep down, as much as he loathed to admit it, he didn’t want to see Bert get hurt either. He couldn’t say he liked the guy, and he was still trying to figure out whether he trusted him or not, but he still didn’t want to end up seeing some horrific news story later in the week to discover that Bert’s body had been dragged out from the bottom of a lake or something.

Throwing on his jeans and T- shirt Frank did little to tame his hair before he was running out of the apartment and down to the parking lot. He didn’t have a key to lock the apartment behind him, and he felt a little anxious just leaving it where anyone could walk in. He would just have to hope luck was on his side and that he wouldn’t get back to find everything stolen. He wondered too late whether he should have hid Gerard’s treasured Alan Moore drawing at least, but by then he was already in his car and starting up the engine. He supposed he could go back up, but right then he just wanted to find Bert and drag him back to the apartment.

As Frank began to drive slowly down the road he realised he didn’t have a single clue where to look. He didn’t want to call Gerard to see if he had any ideas, and though he wracked his brains just in case he knew Bert hadn’t given him any sort of clue as to a sort of sanctuary he may have around here. All he could do was drive about and hope he spotted him. It seemed a long shot, but he would have to try.

Frank was just grateful that he had lived in this part of Jersey his whole life. He knew it well, and if Bert wasn’t out in the open and likely to be hiding somewhere Frank knew a lot of places he could be. He just prayed that he would be able to get him back before Gerard got home, or before Jeph found him...

>X<

Gerard was struggling to concentrate as he tapped his pencil on his desk and stared blankly at the different bits of paper work he was expected to feel it. No one ever told you that having your own cartoon meant you had to do professional stuff that didn’t include drawing, but Gerard hadn’t struggled with any of it until now. He was reading the words but he just couldn’t take it in, which wasn’t exactly a surprise considering how much Frank had taken over his mind.

Now that the heat of the moment he had experienced in the shower had passed he had a nervous swirl in his stomach. Half of him was thrilled that they had gone as far as they had. He had asked for it, and Frank had simply done what he had told him to. But now that it was over he didn’t know what to feel...

He couldn’t tell whether his ass was actually hurting or if it was just a psychological pain because he knew what they had done. Either way he was able to walk and sit normally, and when he got distracted by small amounts of time by his paperwork he didn’t feel it at all. But then when he stopped working and allowed himself to carry on thinking about Frank the dull ache would return. It was nothing he couldn’t handle, but it made him blush and forced his heart to race. He almost felt as if he had the words ’my boyfriend fingered me’ written across his forehead. As if there could be anything more humiliating.

Gerard sighed and put down his pencil, picking up his cup of coffee instead as he sat back in his chair and cradled the mug in between his hands. The sides warmed his palms and helped him relax as he turned his head to gaze out the window and run through everything in his mind again. He had been caught up in a sudden frenzy of lust when they had been in the shower that morning, that much was obvious, and it had been that lust that had caused him to ask Frank to do what he did. Thinking back on the sensation of his fingers pressing inside him he realised he probably wouldn’t have been able to cum through that alone if he hadn’t already been so turned on by the rimming beforehand. It had been a little uncomfortable and hadn’t felt all that good, and yet at the time...

Gerard blushed deeply as he thought over how badly he had wanted it. How even with the fingers inside him he had been overcome with desire, pushing back against them and desperately seeking his orgasm whilst Frank did relatively very little. Gerard didn’t think he’d ever been so frenzied before and his cheeks flushed red as he realised how ridiculous he must have seemed.

He knew that as much as he didn’t want to he and Frank would have to talk about this when he got home. He didn’t want Frank to get the impression that he wasn’t afraid of bottoming anymore because he was. Admittedly nowhere near as much as he had been before; he had never once imagined that he would be able to get so far as to get even one finger inside him let alone two. Bert had tried plenty of times and failed, and he had never let anyone else try since then. To think that Frank had managed it without any build up at all terrified him.

Gerard sighed and sipped his coffee, considering everything until his head ached from it all. He knew only one thing for sure, he was frightened by the prospect of what this could all lead to – now that Frank had managed to get this far he had no doubt he would try to take Gerard all the way. And deep down Gerard wanted that too... He knew that Frank would probably be the only person to take him, whether they stayed together forever or not. But Gerard wanted them to be forever... he really wanted that. And he wanted to give himself to Frank because he knew it was what Frank wanted. And if he had managed to get this far without freaking out then, he reasoned with himself, there was no reason why he couldn’t talk it out with Frank and eventually have sex with him completely.

Gerard shivered slightly at the thought, but mingling in with his fear was the tiniest spark of excitement. He couldn’t imagine how it would feel to lie beneath Frank... to have him seated deeply inside him, kissing him and holding him tight as they made love, but he wanted to find out...

The sudden knock at his office door caused Gerard to jump in surprise, though it was hardly a shock when Brian walked in, grinning brightly at him and waving a hand up.

“Hey Gee, you had lunch yet?” He asked, holding the door open with one hand. Now that he was with Matt and Gerard had Frank the artist didn’t rush off to have lunch early so often anymore, sometimes even waiting specifically just so he could go with Brian. It made both men happy to have created a comfortable friendship, and Gerard smiled as he shook his head and pushed his paper work away.

“Not yet. You heading there now?” He grinned, getting to his feet and following Brian out of the room when the younger man nodded his head.

Gerard smiled as he walked with Brian through the department where the animators for the Breakfast Monkey were all hard at work. He smiled and nodded at any who glanced at him as he walked by, trying to show in his expression how grateful he was to everyone for all their hard work before he disappeared out into the corridor with Brian and made their way towards the cafeteria.

“So, how are things with you and Frank now?” Brian asked brightly, looking to Gerard with a grin. He could tell things must be good from how it was putting Matt into a good mood. It was hard for him to have to deal with an emotional Frank, the guy could sulk for the whole of America, but now he and Gerard were once more together his good mood was contagious.

“We’re doing great so far.” Gerard chuckled, confirming Brian’s suspicions. “But then it’s only been like... what? Two days?” Gerard shrugged with a small blush, his mind instantly launching itself into the memory of what had happened so far over those two days.

“Yeah but... at least things are going well right?” Brian smiled, walking into the cafeteria and heading straight to where the pre-packaged sandwiches were. “I can tell you’re a lot happier, shit Gee, you got a real spring in your step.” He beamed, Gerard smiling shyly back though he blushed as he wondered whether Brian meant literally and it was actually due to the fact he had had two fingers in his ass just a few hours before.

“Thanks Bri.” He tried to brush his compliments aside and move the conversation on, asking how he and Matt were instead to get Brian talking about himself, which of course wasn’t too hard.

“Oh we’re great thanks.” Brian’s whole face lit up as he selected a sandwich, waiting for Gerard to choose one before they both made a beeline for the coffee machine. “We’re both really happy that you and Frank are doing okay again. I’m super stoked he has a couple days off as well, it means we can see more of each other even though I’m here. We were actually gonna meet in my lunch break now but then I figured if we did that I’d probably never make it back to work and I have so many things I need to get done.”

Gerard smiled softly at Brian chuckled to himself, the two men taking their paper coffee cups to the little cashier at the back of the food hall to pay before sitting down at a small table by one of the large windows overlooking the city streets. Gerard unwrapped his sandwich with a smirk, listening to Brian continue to talk about Matt with a clear shine to his eyes and he couldn’t help but laugh after a moment and kick him gently beneath the table.

“Jesus Bri, you sure got it bad don’t you?” He teased, it taking Brian a moment to realise what he was on about but then he smirked and blushed, shrugging as he stirred some sugar into his coffee.

“I guess. But you’re one to talk, you practically had a freakin’ meltdown when you and Frank had your lovers tiff.” Brian hoped fleetingly that he wasn’t stepping over a line or anything. He didn’t know whether Gerard was still too sensitive to talk about what had happened even though it had all been resolved now, but to his relief the older man just smiled and shrugged.

“It was a bit more than a lovers tiff.” He argued, taking a bite out of his sandwich and sighing as he gazed out the window for a second. Their near breakup felt a million worlds away now. They were doing better than ever and Gerard was actually considering letting Frank top him... this time three days ago he had been facing up to the fact that they would never be together again. “But yeah you’re right.” He added after swallowing his mouthful of food, turning to smirk at Brian again. “I did nearly have a meltdown. But I bet you’d be the same if you and Matt fell out like we did.”

“Oh no doubt about it.” Brian nodded sagely, managing to keep a face for all of thirty seconds before he smirked and laughed softly. “Seriously though, I really admire how you didn’t give up on him Gee. Frank is one stubborn little bitch.” He scoffed, Gerard having to nod his agreement at that. “If Matt ever did that to me when I was trying to make things up with him I’d probably end up hunting him down and punching him in the face.”

“And then having angry sex on the floor, right?” Gerard smirked, Brian looking shocked at his bluntness for a moment before he laughed loudly and nodded, grinning to himself as he gazed out the window for a second.

“Mm... You know, you’re probably pretty damn accurate there.”

>X<

By the time four hours had passed Frank had to admit he was getting a little worried.

He felt like he had driven through every street, down every road, searched every back alley in the whole of New Jersey and still no sign of Bert. He began to panic that the blonde had got on a train or something to God only knows where and that he’d never find him. He didn’t think Gerard had any contact details for him, in fact, he wouldn’t be surprised if Bert didn’t even have a cell phone at all. If Frank returned to the apartment without Bert then the odds were stacked against them ever seeing him again.

Frank had stopped only once to get a quick coffee from Starbucks when he felt like if he didn’t get a caffeine hit soon he’d crash the car. Since then he’d simply continued to drive slowly around, his eyes scouring over everything in his line of vision in the desperate hope he would get a sight of some dirty blonde hair.

Gerard wouldn’t be back for another five hours at least, but Frank just felt like time was slipping through his fingers. His stomach growled and twisted uncomfortably and he wondered whether it would make too much difference if he stopped off for something to eat. He considered it for a moment, guessing it wouldn’t be that terrible if he just quickly went through a McDonald’s drive in or something and got some fries. But in the end he decided against it, sighing miserably and frowning to himself, knowing he just had to keep going.

Another two hours dwindled away with Frank doing nothing much different other than flipping radio stations. He was getting tired of driving around and he was beginning to think he was just going to have to call it a day when a flash of blonde caught his eye. It was hardly anything new, he had been spotting (and in some cases, chasing) blonde people all day in the hopes they might be Bert, but this time he knew for sure he had got him.

He was walking down the street with his head bowed and his hands shoved in his pockets. He hadn’t been on the pavement a second ago Frank was sure, which meant he must have just left the police station Frank had been driving past. Not bothering to wonder why this might be Frank quickly pulled over and jumped out the car, jogging down the street to catch up with the scruffy older man.

“Bert! Hey Bert! Wait up!” Frank’s heart leapt in his chest when the man actually turned around with a look of surprise and he saw his face for the first time. He knew it; Bert looked astonished at being caught and for a second he looked like he was considering turning and making a run for it, but Frank got to him before he could even finish making up his mind and grabbed him by the wrist. “Dude! I’ve been looking for you all freakin’ day!

“S – Sorry?” Bert sounded more confused than ever and Frank couldn’t help but scowl at him as he yanked him closer to the wall of the building they were stood outside so that they weren’t in the way of people trying to walk down the street.

“Man, I found your note. Why did you just take off all of a sudden? You know if Gerard finds out about this he’s gonna be crushed.” Frank snapped, though he kept his voice low to keep the conversation just between the two of them. He could feel Bert trembling slightly beneath his grip but he didn’t try to pull away. He simply stared at Frank with wide, anxious blue eyes.

“I’m sorry... I just... I f – felt like I was imposing, I wanted to get out of the way.” He said meekly, gasping and hissing in pain when Frank instinctively squeezed his wrist. When Frank realised what he was doing he relented on his grip, though didn’t let go entirely. Bert had grabbed at his hand in his pain, but he immediately stopped trying to push Frank off once his vice like grip had loosened.

“F – Frank please, just let me go.” He whimpered, tears in his eyes. “I’m trying to do the right thing, Gerard has his own life to worry about without worrying about mine too.”

“What are you talking about? He wouldn’t have taken you in if he didn’t want to help you.” Frank scoffed, rolling his eyes. “What suddenly made you decide you were imposing huh? You’ve been fine sleeping on his couch so far.” He snapped, his tone venomous though he knew he needed to calm down and be gentle. He was just pissed off that he had had to scour over New Jersey like a stalker for the past six hours.

“Listen, its a good job Gerard was in a rush for work this morning and assumed you’d just gone out for coffee, cos’ I know for a fact if he realised you’d made a run for it he’d be devastated.” Frank hissed, his eyes boring into Bert’s. “The man fucking cares about you okay? He wants to help you, but he can’t do that when you make us panic like this!”

“I’m sorry...” Bert mewled, not really knowing what else to say. “I just... I could hear you guys last night and I...” Bert trailed, his cheeks flaming red as he turned his face away and tried to yank out of Frank’s grip. “Let me go please.” He said coolly, Frank scowling and shaking his head, pulling him closer.

“So what if you heard us? I’m sorry if that bothered you, but no offence Bert we were making up and we shouldn’t have had to feel like we had to be quiet just because you were there.”

“I know that!” Bert scoffed, blushing even more and sighing as he stopped trying to tug away and instead just stared down at his feet. He didn’t know what to say or do to make Frank let him go, and he certainly wasn’t about to tell Frank that he was jealous of his and Gerard’s relationship. The guy would probably get the wrong idea and assume he wanted Gerard back, and that wasn’t exactly the case... He was happy for Gerard, he just... wanted someone to love him the way Frank and Gerard loved each other.

“Look, just let me go. I’m sorry if I made you panic, but I did leave a note.” He sighed after a moment, wincing when Frank simply tightened his grip again.

“Don’t you get it Bert? I have not just spent the last six hours hunting your ass down just to let you go again. You’re coming back with me to Gerard’s apartment and we’re gonna talk things through properly okay? Preferably before he gets home and finds out about all this.” Frank’s voice was sharp and demanding, but beneath it Bert could sense a sort of care and he couldn’t help but sigh and swallow the lump in his throat with a small nod.

“Alright... Alright, I’ll come back. But just to talk.” He said in what he hoped was a firm way, but he just sounded weak even to his own ears.

Frank sighed and nodded, relenting his hold and tugging Bert gently towards his car. “Alright... Good.” He nodded, feeling a little bad for getting angry now as he led Bert back to his car, but he didn’t think he could really be blamed for losing his temper. Bert was just grating on him, as he would anyone given the circumstances. Running around after his current boyfriends exes was not the way Frank wanted to spend his days off.

As they drove back to the apartment Bert sat with his body angled towards the car door, practically leaning his face against the window. He looked pale and drawn, and for the first time Frank noticed how sick he really looked. He began to feel worried that he had gone out and taken some drugs... Maybe that was why he had been in the police station.

“Bert...” He said slowly, glancing at him quickly as he drove down the road. “Where did you go when you left?” He asked in what he hoped was a casual and disinterested tone. He didn’t want to seem like he was prying, and he wanted to give Bert a chance to tell the truth before accusing him of anything.

For a long while Bert was silent, just staring out the window and sighing as he thought over his answer. For a moment he considered lying, but then he couldn’t see how lying would help. In the end he shrugged, squeezing his eyes shut and gathering his thoughts before he spoke.

“I went to the train station... I just got on the first train there, I was gonna let it take me wherever.” Bert grew thoughtful, sighing and biting his lip. “The further away the better...” He whispered, Frank looking at him worriedly.

“So what happened?” He asked softly, feeling his anger disappear in a flood of concern for this dirty, scruffy man who had almost destroyed his and Gerard’s relationship.

“I didn’t have any money.” Bert shrugged, fiddling with the handle of the bag he had taken from Gerard’s apartment, still full of food and clothes. “I was gonna take some from Gerard before I left but in the end I didn’t even look. I couldn’t do that... I didn’t know when I would be able to send him the money back, and I didn’t want to leave with him thinking that I stole from him.” Bert blushed at the thought, sighing as he laid his head against the cool glass of the window.

“When I got to the station I just hopped on the train without a ticket and no one stopped me. It’s pretty easy if you hide in the toilet when the conductor comes down... But this time he saw me going in and waited for me to come out. I couldn’t stay in there the whole journey; he started banging the door demanding I come out. There was nothing I could do, I figured he’d at least just drop me off at the next stop and even if I had to see the police it would be somewhere other than here.” Bert looked at Frank then, his face impossible to read and Frank felt a little uncomfortable under his gaze. “In the end though I was forced to come back here, apparently its new regulation, you get taken back to the last stop and then the police there deal with you. I had to spend the night in the station – They were just gonna fine me, but I told them I had no money and that I was homeless, so they put me in a cell.” Bert wrinkled his nose up with a scowl, clearly not happy with what had happened. “I was gonna just try again when they let me go, but you found me instead.”

“Oh...” Frank didn’t know what else to say other than that. He bit his lip and considered everything Bert had said, sighing to himself. “And what if you’d been caught again?” He asked eventually, looking at Bert as he drove into the car park outside Gerard’s apartment. “They wouldn’t have let you get away with just one night in the cells then.”

“I know that.” Bert scoffed, pouting a little to himself. “But I figured either way I’d be fine, I mean, if I got caught then I’d be in prison where no one could get me. And if I didn’t get caught I’d be far away from here... where no one could get me...” Bert ‘s voice grew soft as he trailed off, going to get out of the car when it stopped but to his surprise Frank hit the locks, securing them inside.

“Frank?” Bert looked at the porn star with wide, surprised eyes, biting his lip as Frank turned off the ignition and looked at him.

“When you say no one, you mean Jeph don’t you?” He asked calmly, Bert blushing at his words though he nodded slowly. He wasn’t surprised that Gerard had told him about Jeph, though he wished he hadn’t. “Is he still looking for you?”

“I don’t know.” Bert sighed, running a hand through his greasy hair and looking down at his knees for a moment. “I would guess he is... But if he hasn’t found me so far then I don’t think he will. He’d have no way of knowing that I’d be here. If he did then I wouldn’t have come here, I wouldn’t ever put Gerard at risk like that.”

“Do you love him still?” Frank asked softly, Bert’s blush intensifying and he felt a lump rise in his throat. How was it that Frank would know how to ask these questions? He avoided his gaze and hunched over his knees slightly, as if trying to curl inside himself.

“I... I know I shouldn’t.” He finally whispered, tears brimming in his eyes and he ached to get a hit of something. Anything. Even a damn cigarette would do. “But I just... Despite everything he’s done to me, I’ve never felt this way for anyone else. But I... I see you and Gerard together and I know I want that kind of love, and I know I’ll never get if from Jeph but I... I still want to be with him.”

“Wait.” Frank frowned, shaking his head in slight confusion. “Do you mean that you still love Jeph, or Gerard?”

“Jeph obviously.” Bert looked at Frank with raised eyebrows, looking confused himself. “Why would I still be in love with Gerard?” He asked, frowning slightly. He adored Gerard, but if he still loved him then he would never have left him in the first place. Frank blushed as he realised this and couldn’t help but relax slightly.

“Oh. I... I was asking if you still loved Gee.” He breathed, Bert looking stunned and he opened his mouth to protest but Frank cut him off. “Look, I think you’re a total idiot if you still love Jeph but even I know that love doesn’t work the way we want it to.” He sighed, shrugging and hesitating a moment before he reached out to squeeze Bert’s shoulder. “But either way, you can’t run off like this again Bert. If not for your sake, then for Gerard’s. He’s trying to help you, and if you leave now you’ll just destroy him like you did when you left him before.”

Bert’s heart missed a beat, understanding that Frank meant when he and Gerard had broke up and he felt a stab of guilt in his chest. He had never imagined his leaving would affect Gerard like it had, but he supposed back then he wouldn’t have cared. He had changed a lot through the years, beaten and broken down by Jeph. He supposed he ought to be grateful in a way for his abusive nature, without it he wouldn’t have started to care. He sighed at the thought, biting his lip and considering apologising for hurting Gerard, but then he knew apologising to Frank wouldn’t change anything. He needed to apologise to Gerard.

“I just... I was just trying to help.” He finally sighed, Frank shaking his head and rolling his eyes though he squeezed his shoulder comfortingly again.

“Well it wouldn’t have helped. It would have made everything a million times worse.” He said simply, Bert sighing and shaking his head sadly though he didn’t say anything. “Gerard wants to help you Bert... Hell, I I want to help you.” Frank scoffed, rolling his eyes again though he smiled slightly. “Just promise me you won’t take off again without at least talking to us first, alright?”

Bert looked at Frank suspiciously, wondering if the shorter man was just lying to him. But when he looked into his eyes he could see nothing but sincerity and he felt his body shiver as he smiled. It felt strange to have two people caring for him, stranger still that one of them hadn’t even known him for that long. He couldn’t understand why Frank would want to help, but he felt a flood of emotion at the prospect and he nodded shakily, moving to touch Frank’s hand still on his shoulder and squeezing gently.

“Alright.” He whispered, nodding his head. “I promise.”


A/N: Hey guys!
I know nothing particularly interesting happened in this chapter, it’s more of a filler really, just a crucial stepping stone into the next chapter. It was also a little rushed due to me being back at uni now and my time is already being sucked away. So yep, you guessed it, the next chapter is probably going to be a bit of wait away. I’m hoping it won’t be too long of a wait, I’ll be doing my best to try and write it as soon as I can.
I’ve been shit with my updates I know, but you guys and your undying support is such a great help and really pushes me to keep writing even after long lectures when I just want to collapse into bed and sleep XD I love you all, and I hope the next chapter will be a lot more interesting ;)
xo
Sign up to rate and review this story