Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cross My Heart

Flashbacks and stomach flu

by LETDOWNOFTHECENTURY 1 review

Josh is ill

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!!] [R] [Y] - Published: 2013-01-18 - Updated: 2013-01-19 - 5945 words

0Unrated
Ch. 64flashbacks and stomach flu 

Josh's pov 

I walk down a dark alley, and feel the heroin fog me. My eyes are bloodshot, and I've been crying. I just got the text that got me kicked out of the band. My fucking life. I sit on the ground, and someone is looking at me. 

"Hey, kid. You just cooperate with me, and things will go smooth!" A guy says. 

"What are you saying?" I slurred, fucking heroin. 

He grabs me, and pushes me up against the wall, and starts to undo his jeans. I look horrified. I'm going to die here. 

He goes for my jeans, and I start crying. 

"Kid, if you want heroin, you have to work for it!" He yells. 

He already knows I'm high. I gasp as my boxers are removed. It finally clicks....he's raping me to give me heroin. I start shaking as he rapes me. I feel like I want him to shoot me, rather than go through this. I scream in agony.

"Kid, shut up!" He snarls. 

I stop crying as he steps back. I put my pants back on, and it's fucking pouring. The guy looks at me, "Name's Dimitri. I'll see you kid." 
 Before he leaves, he takes a bottle, and breaks it. I feel my side explode with pain, as blood warms my shirt. 

I stumble home, and go through the back door, crying, and bleeding from my shirt. Mom looks at me. 

"Josh, sweetie? What's wrong? Why are you crying? You're soaking wet, go change clothes, and I'll get some hot chocolate going." 

I nod, wincing at the pain in my side. I stumble down my stairs, and feel the basement swirl.  I change underwear and jeans, and look at myself. I have blood on my pants from the raping. There also is a bunch of blood on my shirt. 

I stumble upstairs, and look at mom, almost sobbing. 

"Josh, what's wrong? Oh god, sweetie! You're bleeding!" She gasps. 

"Miles! Call an ambulance! Josh is hurt!" She yells. 

Sara comes in, "Mom! What's wrong with Josh? Is he okay?"

"I don't know, but it looks bad." 

Dad comes in, and dials the emergency line. I am starting to feel the living room swirl. Everyone is surrounding me. 

"Mom...Dad...Sara....don't leave me...." I slur. 

Two paramedics burst through the door, and start looking for answers. Mom just looks at me, and cries. Dad is putting an arm around her, and Sara is looking at me horrified.

"What happened to him ma'm?" 

"Josh came home, and was shivering, and it was pouring. He looked off, but I thought it was the rain. I had him change, and saw the blood..." Mom gasps before sobbing. 


Dad pulls her closer. 

The paramedic, looks at me, and grabs a oxygen mask. I feel the room spin, as I have pain erupt in my side.

I scream, as he loads me on a gurney, and my hand slips off my side, as blood collects on the white sheets. 

Sara, Mom are crying. Dad is just trying to keep it together. He knows if he breaks, we all do. 

I feel my room disappear, as the ambulance takes off down the road. 

I am delirious, and shaking as mom, dad, and Sara run into the hospital not ten minutes later. 

"What's wrong with him?" A paramedic is asked.

"He came home, shaking and soaking...he had blood on his shirt, but we are not sure if its his or not... He will need stitches." 

The doctor turns to my family, "Joshua is going to need stitches, and he is looking bad."

"Can't you help him?" Mom sobs. 

"We need to check his vitals, and the stitches are our top priority. He isn't going to die, but this wound is in a spot that is tricky to sew up.." 

"I've found glass in the wound..." A trauma nurse says. 

"Miles, Josh was stabbed!" Mom wails. Dad holds her, as the pieces of glass are removed. I'm feeling my mind get foggy, and I feel a needle in my side, the stitches  are sewing in. Blood is on the bed, as the wound is closed. The doctor puts a heavy dressing on the wound. 

"Has he been eating well lately?" A doctor asks mom. 

"Yes, why?" 

"Joshua's weight is extremely low, almost life threatening.... I need to take a blood sample." 

"No!" I gasp. 

"Josh, it'll make you get better!" 

If they find the heroin in my blood I'm fucked! 

"I've had way too many needles!" I gasp. "Not now, please!" 

I am lying on the bed, as I feel my stomach churn. 

"I think I'm going to be sick!" I gasp, as Sara grabs my arm. 

I vomit into the basin, screaming in horrible pain. Mom is just crying, and Sara is speechless. 

"Josh, you're puking up blood..." Sara gasps. 

A doctor runs in, "what's wrong?"

"He's puking blood." 

The doctor looks down my throat, and pulls out the tounge depresser. 

"I need to do surgery on him, there's glass in his stomach...." 

Glass... In my stomach...,

"Mom, I'm sorry....I wish I never put you through this...." I choke out. 

"What do you mean Josh?" 

"I'm sick mom, really sick...more than you want to think, or know..." 

The nurses wheel me down a hall, and into the OR. I am feeling my eyes close as I fall into a medicated coma. 

--

I wake up sometime later, drugged as hell. 

"What time izzit?" 

"2:00 am, sweetie. We've been so worried." Mom says. 

"What happened?" 

"There was glass in your stomach, and the surgeon removed it..." 

"Oh." 

I look at her. 

"Sweetie, why are you saying you're sick?" 

"I'm really sick, I need help mom..." 

"I do this.." I pull up my sleeve revealing pigmy-sized cuts. 

She gasps, and starts crying again. 

Parents aren't supposed to cry, they're fucking invincible. Dad comes over, and hugs mom. I feel sick just looking at them--all because of me... 

"Honey, what else is going on?" 

"I'm addicted to heroin, you found my syringes already...and I'm..." I stop seeing mom sob into dad's shirt. 

"...bulimic." I finish, shaking. My stomach churns, as I feel myself wake up. 

Sara rubs my back, and holds my hand, stroking the pale skin. 

Mom gasps, and cries. Dad breaks eye contact...
My fucking parents don't want to look at me...

I bring a hand over my mouth, and gag. 

"Josh?" 

"I'm gonna be sick...." I groan. 

Mom cries harder. I want to die...

I vomit again, and Sara looks at the sheets, which are covered in bile.  She strokes my head, as I heave all over her. She pulls my hair out of my eyes, as nausea takes over. I hurl on the sheets again. I can smell the mess, which makes my stomach give a horribly strong lurch. 

The nurses grab a basin as I try to quell my nausea. 

I stop for a minute, and look at Sara. 

"Get me home..." I whisper desperately. 

--
Fast forward to now... 

A day later I am lying on the living room couch feeling extremely ill. Matt had popped over earlier, and said he hopes i get better, and stop ralphing every hour. 

Mom and dad are  distant, but they want the best for me. Too bad I felt like I am throwing up constantly. 
I thought eating would calm my stomach... 

Bad idea. I'm still having urges to binge, and I know I might make myself sicker than I felt. 
Sara comes in, "hey, you feeling any better?" 
 
"Uh, a little. I'm hungry." 

"Wanna go on a Safeway run?" 

I nod, knowing I might make myself ill. 

Sara grabs her coat, and shoes. I change out of my pyjamas, and into some sweatpants, and a hoodie.
I walk to the car, shivering. Sara opens the door, and I sit down. 

I feel a bit sick, but not as bad as before. Sara starts the car and drives to the Safeway. 

"Josh, you hungry?"

"Yeah, I feel great. Lets eat." 

Also a bad idea.

I don't order much, and my head feels like a cement block. I look at the food, and eat it, feeling my stomach gurgle as I swallow. I look at my reflection in the napkin dispenser. I'm turning green.


Sara walks and picks up food for the week, I'm starting to sweat, and shake.

"Sara? Are we done yet?"

"Almost, why?" 

My stomach gurgles and rumbles. I look at her, "nothing..." 

We get out of Safeway, and the cold van City air hits my, hot, clammy face. I fe even more ill. Sara drives through a fast food joint, and orders food, I order a coke zero and a burger. 

I'm an idiot,..,
L
I finish the food, and by now, I'm turning a greyish green hue. Sara pulls into the driveway, as I feel my stomach gurgle. 

I undo my seatbelt, and open the door, as my stomach starts to clench. 

I know I shouldn't have eten..... 

I gag a few times, and Sara takes me to the couch. I look at her. Then, it happens...

My eyes widen, and my stomach starts churning and gurgling more.  She grabs a trash can, and I finally expel all of my stomach. Mom walks in, "is he okay?" 

My stomach feels upset, and I feel like I could vomit again. I look at Sara. 

"Josh has a bad stomachache...he'll be fine." 

Sara takes out a pen, and writes something down, it's a timeline of my love with the H. I look at her. 

"Sara..." 

 I look even more sick. It is like a hangover that does not go away...

"How you feeling?" 

"Not so good..." 

I feel my stomach make a noise that sounds like a cat dying. My head pounds.

"I think I'm going to--" 

I hurl on the carpet.

"C'mon Josh, let's get you to the bathroom..."

I stand up, and she takes me to the bathroom. I'm moaning, as my stomach lurches hard. Sara rubs my back, and I'm sweating so much. I shake as I feel another bout of horrible queasiness in my body. Mom comes in, and puts a thermometer in my mouth, it beepsX and has a slight fever. 

"Oh hunny," she whispers, as I feel my body ache. 

"My tummy hurts...." I whine, as I have tears running down my face. 

Mom grabs a pill, and looks at the label. I moan. 

"Josh, this'll make your stomach stop hurting." 
 I moan again, feeling sicker. The doorbell rings, and I hear the voices of my band mates. I try to put some blush on, to hide my state, but I feel dizzy just looking at my reflection. Mike walks in. 

"Jesus Josh! You don't look so hot!" 

I look at him with bag eyes. 

"I'm gonna spew...." 

I open my mouth, and a torrent of vomit comes out and all over myself. I start groaning and clutching my stomach. 

"Ugh, I don't feel so good...." I groan, as Matt comes in with the boys. 

They look at me, with their wide eyes, then Jayce looks at me. 

"Puke!" He laughs. I almost cry. He said his first word. I smile, and Phenoix looks at me. 

"Dada want coke Zero?" I smile. A whole fucking sentence. 

"Daddy has a tummyache, he cant." Matt explains. 

"Puke!" Jayce giggles. "All over!" 

I smile, and try to enjoy this one moment. I don't. My stomach churns again, and I feel the sensation of my head getting sweaty, and my stomach doing the craziest things ever. 

"Matt! Get--" I choke out before hurling the burger on the tiles floor. 

"Sara! Josh is puking again!!" 

I wince at this pain in my stomach, and trace the scar of my first encounter with Dimitri. I see Sara walk in, and kneels by my vomit-soaked body. 

"Josh? What hurts the most?" 

"My stomach....I need a doctor...." 

"We just went, but I can drive you." 

"Please." 

I stand up, and go to my basement to change, my stomach hurting worse and worse... 
I look at my vomit soaked clothes, and peel them off. I fumble with my door to my bathroom, the exact place where I relapsed. I turn on the shower, and step in, shivering. 
The water feels good on my shaking body, my muscles are relaxing, and the shower is washing away the smell. 

I finish my shower, and grab a fluffy black towel, and wrap it around my middle. I look at myself again, I'm paler than before...

I change into a pair of jeans, and a hoodie, again. My black, and blue hair is a mess, but I don't care.

"Josh, you okay?" I hear Sara  

"Yeah, I just took a shower!" 

She knocks on my door, "Car's running, you ready?" 

I open the door, and give her a cheesy smile.
My eyes hurt. 

Sara grabs me, and takes me to the car. 

The drive isn't so bad. My stomach hasn't acted up..yet.

About an hour later, I'm feeling like I could  puke.  The car swims, and I look at Sara. 

"We're almost there, hang on." She says absentmindedly. I have tears in my eyes. 

"Please pull over. I really feel like I'm going to hurl!" I beg her.
She grabs a bucket, and gives it to me. I feel my stomach start rolling as the car goes up and down. I lie back, feeling dizzy and ill. We drive down a dirt road, as we go to the highway. My stomach bubbles with nausea. Then, I smell something horrible. I try to cover my nose and mouth, as the smell invades my senses. I look over, and we pass a dairy farm. I feel myself gag, and swallow. 

We get on the highway, and it's no better. The smells gone, but the rolling of the car makes me very queasy. 

I see a sign for the doctors offices. Sara exits the highway, and drives on into outer Van City. 

The car stops moving, and I hear Sara say we're here. I look at the sky, and moan. I don't want to hurl all over the parking lot. Sara grabs me, and helps me into the office. I grab her sleeve, and lie on her. 

"Go lie down, Josh. I know you're sick, I just need to get some papers filled." She smiles. 

I am not even two meters from the chairs, and I fall on my hands and knees, and vomit. Everyone looks in the direction of the retching. I feel myself tear up. I lie on the office floor, clutching my sick stomach, and Sara comes over. 

"Josh, you need me to get a nurse?" She whispers sweetly. 

"No, I'm fi--" I stop, as my stomach gurgles with the familiar sensation of bad nausea. 

I curl up in a ball, and clutch my stomach, groaning as people walk by. My nausea, and overwhelming dizziness makes it a nightmare. 

Sara hands me a bucket, and holds my long shaggy black hair, out of my face. I retch into the bucket, feeling my stomach have the basic effect of coke and mentos. I cover my mouth and look into the almost full basin. I burp, and feel my stomach settle, thank god. 

I think I'm out of the woods, finally..,

Sara looks at me, "Feeling better?" 

"Yeah, I feel fine!" I say, but know the universe loves proving me wrong. 

I crack a smile, and go for the sprite in the machine. My stomach isn't feeling its greatest, but I'm thankful my puke session is done. I'm wrong....very wrong. 

Sara helps me sit in a chair, and has the bucket beside her, in case I feel sick. 

I look at the bright lights, and my head throbs. The office is feeling tipsy. A little kid looks at me, as I groan. 

"Are you sick?" He asks. He's four. "Why are you sick? Are you going to throw up? I puked once, I felt a lot better after I puked! My tummy didn't hurt at all after it! You look funny mister... Are you gonna throw up?"
My vision swims, and I look at the kid wearily. 

"Holden! Don't pester this poor kid! He's here because he is sick!" His mom scolds. The boy looks at his mom, and tugs her jumper, "He's gonna puke mommy!" 

I try to focus on the office, my vision barely able to recognise what's going on. My stomach is ringing bells, and I have no warning, as I open my mouth to tell Sara I don't think I can make it, and throw up on the carpet. She rubs my back, my stomach feels like hell. I retch again. 

"Joshua Ramsay?" A nurse calls. 

I look up. Sara helps me stand, and I am taken to an examination room. The nurse asks the usual, what are the symptoms blah blah blah. You get the deal. I can barely talk, as Sara fills the nurse in with my hyper flu. I look at the nurse, as she writes on a clipboard. 

"The doctor will be in soon." She says sweetly, as the door closes. 

My stomach contracts, as I vomit into the bucket from the waiting room. 

I hurl for a good 5 minutes, and the door opens. 

"Wow, let's see what's up!" The tall slender man says, as he grabs a cup.  I learn its a cup to test vomit for bacteria. I look at the small plastic cup, and can't puke! I don't know if I'm out of puke...or just don't want to. 

"I can't puke..." I whisper. 

The doctor comes in with a bottle of ipecac. I look at the spoonful of oily liquid, and squirm. The medicine slides down my sore throat, and I hope it makes me better.

Suddenly, my stomach churns and I feel like I could hurl again. I gag, and vomit into the cup. The doctor grabs some juice, hoping it'll settle me. It doesn't. I can't even hold juice down! I vomit into the juice cup, and see the brown soup mix with the red juice. I look at Sara. She looks at me. 
My stomach hurls inside me, and I projectile puke on the wall, missing the trashcan completely. Sara gasps, and holds my hair. I'm gonna hurl again...

I vomit again, all over myself. I look at my once clean outfit of a Hurley shirt, and jeans. My hoodie was gone, I left it in the car. The doc looks over without missing a beat, and hands me some crackers. I eat them, and start to feel better, thankfully. 

He comes in about an hour later with the test results--extremely bad case of the stomach flu, caused by bacteria. I am given a pill bottle of medicine, and Sara helps me walk to the car, as I sit in my pukey clothes. The drive is less stressful, and I walk in the door, and flop down on the couch, groaning. Mom looks at me, "Joshua! You're covered in vomit! What happened?" 

I amble to the master bathroom, and strip off yet another outfit. I turn on the shower, and step in. My stomach is feeling horrible, the ipecac is still in me. I vomit in the shower, and pray no body heard it. 

Mike knocks on the door. 

"Josh, you can't put make up on for forty minutes! You're a guy!" 

I answer by vomiting again. I feel my stomach knot up, as I step out of the shower, Matt looks at me. 

"Josh, you ever think about eating something to settle yourself?" 

"Mmm, no." 

Mom comes in, and fusses over me. 

"Sweetie, you're so pale, and you really look sick." 

"I'm fine, the doc said its the stomach flu, it'll pass. Really." I say, to reassure her. 

I stand up, and stumble to my room. Mom looks at dad, and they agree something's up. 

I change again, as my basement room is making me dizzy. 

"Josh? Are you down there?" 

"Yeah, why?"

"You need something to settle your stomach." 

"Okay, I'm coming." 

I trudge up the stairs, and am blinded by the lights. 

"Why is there a glass of wine?" I ask. 

"Wine can calm the stomach, and you look like nothing is working." 

I shrug, and take a sip.  My stomach immediately turns over.  I push the glass away, and go back to my room.  Matt, Mike, and Ian are debating on a DVD to watch, in my room. There's a smile, as The Hangover is chosen. Ian looks at the DVD case, grinning. 

"Sweet, it's rated R-18!" 

"I'll grab the junk food!" Mike says triumphantly. He races up the stairs, and grabs some popcorn, chips, soda, candy--you name it Mike finds it. I look at my friends. 

"Can I join you guys?" I ask timidly. 

"Well, duh!" Matt exclaims.

I sit in my room, as Mike comes back with the mother load of junk food. 

Ian, and Matt are grabbing the chocolate, and gummy bears. I reach over, and grab a handful of m&ms. I pop them into my mouth, feeling the candy hit my tounge ring. I swallow it, and grab more candy, and just eat, and eat... 

Mike looks at the pile of unwrapped candy, and coke zero cans I had consumed. He looks at it, and I grab a huge candy snake, and try to eat it. I feel my stomach gurgle, as I shove it down. Mike raises an eyebrow. I am now gorging in chips. I don't care, as my stomach starts to protest. I ignore it. 

By 3am everyone is asleep, everyone but me, that is.  I sit up, feeling my stomach reel from my food choices. I slip away, and try not to wake up my friends. I tiptoe to the bathroom, and pull out my blackberry, and text Sara. 


I don't feel good, make it better? :( my belly hurts...  
I send it, and feel my junk food feast take revenge. I get a text back. 

/poor lil bro, I'm on my way, hope your stomach feels better. :) xoxo Sara/ 

The bathroom feels so unfamiliar, as I groan, in attempt to keep my stomach at bay. Sara knocks on the door softly.
"Josh? You okay? I'm coming in."  

She opens the door, and kneels near me, "you don't look so good buddy. I'm getting  some pepto." I watch her grab the container of pink, minty liquid. I take a swig of the medicine, hoping I don't reject anything. I feel tears in my eyes. Sara pulls me into a hug, and rubs my back. 

"Sara, I don't wanna get you sick too!" I cry. "Who's gonna be with me, when I feel my stomach make me puke?" 

"I'm used to cleaning you up, it doesn't bother me.." 

"Matt...get Matt..." I choke out. I feel my tummy roll, as my bathroom feels more like a boat on choppy water. 

Matt walks in, looking extremely sleepy. 

"What's wrong Joshie?" 

"My tummy hurts, and won't let me eat!" I moan. 

"Here, it's some rice crackers, maybe it'll stay in better than the junk food." 

"Ughh, I think I'm going to hurl!" I moan. Sara holds my hair, and Matt holds me up. I upchuck on the floor, and slide against the bathtub. I look at Matt, "I want Mexican food." 

"Baby, you're really sick! I don't want you to overuse your energy...."  

"I want a taco." I say, deleriously. Matt grabs his keys and takes the car to the nearest Taco Bell.  I am left alone with Sara. 

"Josh?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Spring break is beginning tomorrow for your school, I'm planning on going on a snorkeling trip.." 

"What's snorkeling?"

"It's kinda hard to explain, but it's tons of fun. I think your flu will be kicked out, with you spending the day in the bathroom.."

"Can the guys come?" 

"Sure!" She grins. 

Matt knocks on the door.

"Taco delivery service!" He laughs. 

"Thank you kind sir," I laugh, as I bite the taco, and swallow a bit. 

I finish the taco, and wait for the worst. My stomach churns, and I look into the toilet. I start feeling my chest tighten, as my stomach gurgles, and bubbles. I feel the room blur, as I gag. Sara strokes my back, and looks at me worriedly. I put a hand on my stomach, and try to not be ill. 

"I think the mayo was off...." I choke out. 

"Mayo?" 

"I found some potato salad from last week, and it smelled okay, it tasted fine too." I kneel on the ground. 

"It was so off Sara...." I choke out before vomiting in the toilet. "Ughh, I'm never eating extreme amounts of junk food, and mix it with old potato salad, and a taco!" 

I puke in the toilet again, as my stomach does extremely agonizing spins. Sara holds me up, as my stomach brings up everything I had eaten. I feel a sharp pain in my stomach, and I grab a towel and wrap it around my stomach, to soften the pain. 

"Sa--ah!...I'm gonna hurl!" I moan. 

Sara rubs my back, as I shiver. 
I end up falling asleep in the bathroom, and am woken up at balls am, for said snorkeling trip. 

"Josh, wake up, silly. Today's the snorkeling trip!" I open an eye and see Matt. 

"Okay...I'm up." I groan, as I stand up. My head feels heavy, and I'm walking to the closet to pick out an outfit. I settle for a Ramones shirt, and some black jeans. 

I know I should've eaten, as I step onto the boat, three hours after leaving my place on Acadia. Mom wished us off, and we are greeted with a buffet of food. My stomach growls. I shakily walk to the buffet, and grab some toast, and orange juice. Sara grabs her breakfast, as do mike, Matt and Ian. We all eat in silence, before the boat is docked for departure. I'm praying the waters aren't choppy and I  am able to hold my hurl. 

The ride starts off with everyone admiring the ocean, and looking for fish. I am sitting on a lower deck. Matt looks at me grinning. 

"Dude! It's like being on a huge surfboard! The air, the rolling sea....." 

"Please don't say rolling..." I groan. My stomach is not feeling well at all. 

"I can't believe you're seasick! I can take you to the highw deck, and maybe your stomach will calm down!" 

I stand up, as a horrible nausea takes over. I feel the water move the boat. Matt looks at me. 

"You okay? You're turning green." 

I swallow some saliva, and stumble up to the higher deck. The cold salty air hits my face, and I immediately feel my stomach clench tighter, and tighter. 

Sara walks over, "you okay, lil bro?" 

I nod. 

"You look really seasick, try staring at the horizon..."

"What horizon?" I mumble, feeling my breakfast slosh in my belly. 

Sara takes me to the edge of the boat. 

"See the sky, and water?" 

I look at her wearily. 

"That's the horizon." 

My stomach lurches horribly, as I look out and see the sea. 

"I think I'm gonna barf..." I moan. 

"Keep your eyes focused on the horizon, and breathe through your nose, Josh." Sara says, as I turn ashen white. 

I start feeling like I'm in a losing battle with my stomach.  Matt looks at me. 

"Holy shit Josh, you look like shit!" 

"I feel like shit!" I moan. My stomach pushes around my belly, as I brace myself. I'm resting one hand on my belly, and the other one is guiding me to a place to puke. I lean over the edge and retch everything out. Sara is keeping me balanced, as my knees crumble. I put one hand on the deck, and the other is trying to keep my stomach not turn so much. I feel the choppy waters, as my stomach jolts around. I puke again, and everyone is staring. My stomach gurgles, as a mix of OJ and toast fall in my lap.  My jeans are sticky, and smelly. A man looks at me.

"Hey, kid. You feeling okay? You look real seasick." 

"It'll pass..." I mumble. 

"It's my brother's first time on a boat like this. He just needs to let his body get adjusted." Sara says. I barf on the deck, and look at Sara, "I wanna go home.." 

She pulls me into a hug, and rubs my back. I am handed a trashcan, as I lie on a bench. Not a good idea at all. My stomach feels queasier. I feel the boat stop, and look up. 

"You're not snorkeling Josh?" Matt looks at me, in his swim trunks. I shake my head. 

"Forgot my trunks..." I mumble. 

Matt, Mike, and Ian jump in the water, as do others. Sara is sitting by me. I feel my stomach settle, as I sit up. I look at her.

She strokes my hair, as I start crying. I'm a mess.  

An hour later, the boat is moving again. I am still lying down, when we are offered lunch. Matt shoves a sandwich in my face. I gag. I feel very sick, as the boat makes my stomach recoil. 
"I'm sorry babe," Matt apologises. "You look really bad." 

He looks at me, and sits beside me. 
"Matt, I wanna go home. My belly hurts...I think I'm gonna throw up." I whine.
"I know, we've got two more hours on this boat though. I'm sorry you're sick." He rubs circles in my back. 
I pale, at the thought of two more hours on this thing. I look at Sara, and moan. 

She looks at me, "Hey Josh. You need some medicine? A back rub?" 

"I'm gonna puke..." I whisper, feeling my stomach throw the contents up my throat. I puke in the trashcan, and look at my creamy brown mess. I groan. The wind picks up, as the water gets choppier. My face is looking off. 

"Lil bro, you're turning green, you gonna be sick?" 

I nod, as my stomach pushes my little contents up. I throw up. Sara has a hand on my back, as I groan loudly. 

People look at me. My head spins. 

Mike walks over with Ian, "Holy shit, I think you need to take some medicine." 

I shake my head. 

"Dude, you're barfing up your organs. You need to at least try Dramamine." 
I groan. 
Mike gives me an elbow in the side, making my stomach churn. I glare at him, and vomit on the deck again. Mike looks at me. 

"You were asking for it," Ian smirks. 

"Like getting about barfed on by our lead singer is something I asked for!" Mike retorts. 

"Woah," Mike gasps. 

"What?" Ian looks shocked. 

They both stare at me. I'm smiling for the first time this whole boat trip. They laugh, as I look at them blankly. 

I look at Matt, "I'm gonna hurl." 

Matt gives me the trash bag, as I puke again. Mike and Ian look at Sara, and laugh. 

Sara runs her hand in my hair, as I feel really nauseous. She checks her phone, and looks at my helpless state. 

"Okay, folks, we are docking in twenty minutes. Please gather your belongings as we are close to the port." A man announces. I sigh in relief. My stomach acrobats only have a little longer to endure. 

"I feel like there's a rave party in my stomach..." I groan. 

"Makes no sense." Mike comments. "Even for you Ramsay!"

I look at him wearily. 

My stomach sloshes around, as the rolling gets worse. I retch.  Sara strokes my head, as I shiver feverishly. I feel the boat stop, and I sit up, looking at myself in  the mirror. I have bags under my eyes, and my face is paleish green. I look like shit. 

The captain announces the fact that they have docked and we can leave.  I've been waiting for those words the whole day. I look at Sara, as everybody walks off. She calls mom to pick us all up. 

I wobble off the boat, and am very thankful for solid ground, but I still feel seasick. Matt looks at me. 

"How's your belly? You want food?"

I grip Sara's shirt, crying. 

"What's wrong babes?" 

"I hate boats! I ruined our whole trip, because I have no sea-legs!" I wail.

Matt rubs my back. "You didn't ruin the trip, you've been sick lately." 

"Josh, your mom is here." Ian calls, I walk to our minivan, and lie against the soft seats, groaning. 
Mom looks at all of us, "How was the boat?" 

I heave. 

"Josh has no sea-legs whatsoever!" Ian says.
Mom looks at me. I cough. 

"Josh was puking the entire trip!" Mike adds. 

"Yeah, he wouldn't eat, because every time the boat moved he puked." Matt adds. 

Sara takes my defense, "josh hasn't been feeling well, and the boat ride made him sicker. He puked up junk food late last night." 

Shit. 

Mom looks at me, "Josh, were you purging?"

"No, y'know it's a stomach virus."

Mom looks at me, "Lets get you home. You look awful." 

Ian, Matt, Mike, and I are sitting in the minivan, as I feel nauseous again. 

Matt looks at me, then turns to mom. 

"We need a trashcan, Mrs. Ramsay, Josh is gonna barf." 

Mom grabs a plastic container,and gives it to Matt, as I feel my stomach turn. I take the container from Matt, and barf. 

Ian and Mike hold onto my arms, as I barf on my shoes. 

We get to 1712 Acadia Rd. and I am happy to be back on solid ground. Mike, and the others scramble out of the van, and I sit there holding a plastic container, filled with my vomit. 
I look up, and Sara is reaching for me. I scoot off the bench, and fall into her arms, sobbing. 

"I hate boats!" I wail. She helps me in the bathroom, and gives me a towel. 

"Shower. Now." She says. I nod, as my stomach churns. Mom walks in. 

"Joshua, you need to get all of that vomit off of yourself." 

"I know, my stomach feels like a roller coaster, can I take a shower?" 

"Silly, it's your house, do what you want!" Sara laughs. 

I peel off the clothes, and step in. The water makes me relax, as my stomach calms. My enjoyment is short, because I feel my stomach work up again. I open the shower curtin, and vomit on the floor. I wash my body, groaning as I bend over to pick up my towels. 

My stomach rolls, as a sharp pain shoots through. 

I wince. I know I've puked a bunch, but why is my stomach hurting so much?!

I grab a shirt, and pyjama pants. I get into the clothes, and curl up on the couch, where I can not be bounced on. I see Matt in the corner of my eye. He's carrying a bowl of soup, and medicine. 

"Here you are Josh." He says, setting the soup and pills on the coffee table. 

It's chicken noodle soup. I sit up, shivering. My blankets are on the floor. 

"Thanks." 

I sip on the soup, feeling the noodles in my aching stomach. It sends warmth all through my body. 

I slurp it down, and take some pills. Hopefully this stomach bug will be done soon!

so yeah. Long ass chappie with some sick!Josh and boats. Enjoy! 
Sign up to rate and review this story