Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Frozen

Evangeline

by WeAreTheFallen 1 review

As the group meets Evangeline Frank begins to feel something he hasn't felt in a while.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-01-23 - Updated: 2013-01-23 - 1221 words

0Unrated
She stares at us with big blue eyes, her hands held up in surrender. Rain puts her knife back in its holder as I exhale. For a few minutes all of us just kind of stand there, staring at each other like we’re not quite sure what to do.

“Who are you,” the girl asks, slowly lowering her hands.

“Frank, Rain and Gerard,” I respond. “Who are you?”

The girl shuffles her feet, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, “I’m Evangeline.”

I can tell Rain doesn’t like the way the girl is looking us over, especially Gerard and me. Evangeline bats her eyelashes, finger twisting around a few strands of blonde hair. Occasionally she’ll pull her bottom lip into her mouth with her teeth. The usual girl in distress act, she obviously wants help.

“Do you live here?” Rain asks.

“Yeah, come with me,” the blonde answers before heading down the hall towards a door all the way at the end.

At this point in time we really don’t have a choice but to follow the girl. She might be able to tell us more about the military or even offer us some kind of place to sleep while we’re in the city.

“This is the apartment my family and I live in,” Evangeline explains, moving over to it in front of a little heater. “The generator kicks on every morning at nine and turns off at ten at night.”

Rain nods, sitting down on one of the window ledges, looking out over the city, “You’re parents live here too?”

Evangeline shakes her head, “They didn’t make it.”

I frown, going to sit on the floor next to her. She seems so lost and frightened by the whole thing. The poor girl probably has no idea how to take care of herself. Sure she looks like she’s well off but most of the time that isn’t the case.

“How long have you been here?” I question, rubbing her back.

“I’ve lived in this house pretty much all my life. My dad worked at World Wide talent agency and my mom was a model. They both got sick when the frost hit and died in the hospital. I just kind of mill around here hoping that someone will come along and take care of me,” Evangeline says.

She’s just made a huge mistake in telling us that. Rain hops off the window seal coming to kneel down in front of the girl. Their faces are inches apart.

“What do you mean someone to take care of you? How the hell do you expect to survive? What the fuck would you have done had we not shown up? Stupid little rich city bitch!” Rain yells, before getting up and punching a hole in the wall.

Evangeline gasps, a few tears falling down her light pink cheeks. Pulling the girl into a hug, I glare up at Rain. She doesn’t even know the girl. How can she pass judgment? This girl could be just as able to take care of herself as any of us. She’s just never had to before.

“What?” Rain answers sharply.

Getting up I lead her over towards a kitchen area, leaving Gerard to try and comfort Evangeline. If we are going to try and get this girl to help us, Rain is going to have to be nice to her.

“What the hell is your problem?”

The fiery brown eyes of my best friend are locked on mine, “Did you hear what she said? The girl doesn’t even know how to take care of herself.”

“We don’t know that,” I answer. “All we know is that she’s probably never had to. I don’t know what happened between you and rich people but whatever it was you need to put it to sleep. We don’t have time to deal with that. In order to get help you’re going to have to be nice to Evangeline.”

“You’re just being nice to her because she’s cute and blonde and has boobs. Sorry we don’t travel with attractive girls,” Rain spits back; there is venom in her words.

“That isn’t true,” I answer quickly.

“Fine.”

“Fine,” and with that I turn my back on my best friend and head into the living room.

For dinner that night, Evangeline makes us chicken with some box mashed potatoes and some green beans. Rain pushes her food around her plate, occasionally shoving a mouthful of food between her lips. After she’s done she gets up and head to the bedroom Evangeline gave her. Gerard follows soon after.

Together Evangeline and I do the dishes. She places her finger on the tip of my nose, leaving behind some bubbles. Laughing, I take a handful of the dish bubbles and wipe it on her face. The blonde giggles splashing me a little bit.

In the end it takes us a good thirty minutes to finish washing a set of dishes that should have taken ten. Evangeline and I sit together on the couch, our feet resting near the small heater. She melts into my chest, tracing my finger tattoo. Usually I would not be this close with someone I just met, but this girl is different. Something about her just draws me in, making me feel as if I need to protect her. It’s a very strange feeling.

“Hey Evangeline, does the military come through here?”

“They’ve been through before. I try to stay away from them. I’m not so sure those are the people I want to take care of me. There’s also some kind of hospital a few blocks over, but it’s run by mad men,” she answers softly.

“How do you know they’re mad?”

“Well, I don’t really but they come through here. The one talks to himself.”

I frown. There is no way Rain is going to be happy with this. She wanted this to be an easy mission. We were supposed to get in and then get out. The military and these wild men are going to put a glitch in our plans.

“Have you even talked to them?”

Evangeline shakes her head, “No. There was a girl; she lived on the floor below. She went with them one day because she was running a fever. That was two months ago, she’s still not back. The place is bad news.”

Nodding I gently pet her head, humming a song I used to like. Softly, the blonde starts to sing along. I really didn’t think anyone but Rain and I listened to the band. We continue to sing and talk until the generator shuts off.

“Do you just want to sleep with me on the couch,” I offer. “It’s going to get cold tonight.”

Evangeline who had gotten up chews her lip before coming to settle in next to me.

Author's note: Here is another chapter. I hope that you all enjoy it. Also here is Evangeline: http://woohair.com/large/Pretty_Blonde_Hair_9.jpg
Again if you have a specific picture of your character leave it in your comment.
Anyway, enjoy and remember to R&R :)
Sign up to rate and review this story