Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Her American Dream

Two

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

There's a shadow that follows me. It's called my past. (setting now - five years after Tammy left her husband)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-23 - Updated: 2013-01-24 - 806 words

0Unrated
I looked over my shoulder again, a habit I'd developed over the last few years. Nothing was there. There never was.

A second before I turned my head back, I bumped into someone hard, making jump and scream as hands closed over my shoulders. "Sorry!" The slight gasp made me relax a little. "I was distracted." The man continued to talk.

"It's okay." I patted his shoulder. "I was too. Are you okay?" I asked, trying to be nice. After all, if he hadn't caught me, I would have fallen and probably gotten really hurt.

"Yeah. You?" He asked, letting go. I nodded. "Well that's good." He smiled, his glasses falling on his nose a little. "I'm Mikey." He held his hand out to me.

"Tammy." I shook it. People in California were different than they were in the other side of the USA. My heart squeezed in my chest. "Hey, do you want to hang out some time? I'm new in town and I'm not that social, but I like you, for some reason. You seem pretty cool."

"Sure! I like making new friends. As long as you don't kill me." He shrugged. My face went pale. "Kidding!" He raised his hands. "Here." He pulled a pen out of his pocket. "Let me see your arm."

I held out the scarred white stick I called an arm. He didn't ask about my scars, which was nice for once. He took my arm by my wrist and turned his body to write on it.

His shoulder was on my chest as he scribbled. I looked at his face as he did so. "There." He smiled, handing me the pen and rolling up the sleeve of his white shirt.

I write my number on his arm. "Don't go showing that off, okay?" I said, putting the cap back on the pen and giving it back to him.

"You either." He pointed at my nose. I laughed, for once feeling my past settling. "So just call when you're free. If you think I'm cool, you'll love my friends and brother. The word freak is flung around like monkey crap." He winked at me.

"I'm free tonight, actually." I smiled at him. He grinned back.

"Awesome! I just got off work, but if you want to come now, I can let you hang out with my brother while I shower. Or I can call you when everything's settled, if you'd rather that." He was rambling like a teenage girl.

"Go get clean. Just call when it's all taken care of and I'll come over. I have to feed my bird soon, so I can do that." We both laughed.

"All right then." He nodded. "Later Tammy!" He waved to me as he took off.

As my new friend left, I felt my heart sink. What can this strange man do to me? Or his friends? Or his brother?

My past hadn't settled at all. It was alive and kicking me in the back of the head. 'He's going to hurt you like HE did.' My mind whispered to me.

I shook my head. "I have to trust some body some time." I whispered to myself as I headed up to my apartment.

Opening the door, I still expected to be attacked. Nothing. Same as usual.

Pidge was chirping at me from her cage, making me smile. "Hi pretty bird." I opened the door and held my hand out.

She jumped onto my finger, her wings spreading. I kissed the side of her head and put her on my shoulder. She played in my hair as I filled her food bowl, flipping it around with her beak and her wings. "Okay Pidge. Just let me get you some fresh water." I filled her little cup and lowered my torso.

Her wings opened as sure fulttered down to her cage, standing on the open door and ate. "Little brat." I smiled and tand the side of my hooked finger down her black winged back, between her wings and off the end of her green tail feathers.

I stretched and turned on my tv, giving it to the news. Sports, locals and weather, same as usual. Pidge chirped, landing on my shoulder. "That was fast." I smiled. She bit my ear, making me flinch. "Ya know Pidge, I like you more than humans." Her black eye locked on mine as she cocked head at me. " Maybe I should be a bird." I sighed. She blinked and I swear, like she understood me, sher nodded.

"So I have plans tonight." She blinked at me again and bird laughed. "I do. I made a new friend." She chirped.

"Wow, I'm taking arguing with a bird." I sighed and shook my head.












I'm so tired. R+R and all that.

Hugs and Mrs.,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story