Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Things Happen Sometimes

57. The "X" Party

by KeepItUgly34 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2013-01-25 - Updated: 2013-01-25 - 4821 words

1Moving
Victoria's POV
After the show last night, Edith and Gerard held a little get together. Apparently they've got a new home they want to show everyone and celebrate for Frank's proposal. I really wanted to go.. But I couldn't possibly introduce to the others my relationship with Harry. Not yet at least..
"it's sucks that you can't make it." Gerard said to me privately as the others waited in the car.
I exhale, "yeah but look at the circumstances..."
"why don't we just tell everyone altogether?"
"well.. That's a little too shocking at once don't you think? Plus.. Harry isn't feeling as great either about this.."
"what do you mean?"
"he thinks everyone hates him for what he's done to you. He thinks that everyone thinks of him as a vulgar guy. Something he really dislikes hearing."
"hmm, well I'll talk to the others. Descretly of course."
"alright. See what you can get. Well, don't want to hold you on for long."
"alright. Call me tomorrow and see what we could do to tell Edith."
"sure thing. Have fun tonight." I hug him goodbye and head over to Harry who waits for me in his car.
When I step in, he greets me with a small smile and drives along.
"is something bothering you?" I ask him after a few miles down the road.
"no I'm good." he sighs and doesn't look at me once.
"C'mon Harry." I place my hand on his thigh and slightly stroke it.
"I just don't want to be the barrier between your fun. I think you should have gone with them tonight."
"no, I don't want to have fun without you. Besides, we just got together and.. I want to spend every second with you." we stop at a red light and he turns to look at me with a smile.
"I do too." he kisses me, "but I don't want to hold you back."
"and you're not! It's one night. I see them everyday. Have spent years with them. You're someone new in my life and I want to have memories with you."
"if that's really how you feel then okay." he brushes his fingers through my hair putting it behind my ear and continues driving.
When we arrive home, we hold hands as we walk up the stairs to say our final goodbyes for the night.
"you have a goodnight Harry." I kiss him.
"wait.." he holds on to my hand, "sleep with me tonight."
"I would like to.. But it's a little too early. Don't you think?"
"not catching on." he teases and pulls me, wrapping his arms around me.
"what I mean is, we became roommates as friends. Which is fine. But now we're a couple. A brand new couple already living together? That doesn't sound very okay due to the fact that we don't know each other's ways of living. I don't want there to be any problems so until we get to know each other's habitats, I think we can sleep over each others room." I giggle.
"hmm," he thinks about it puckering his lips slightly, "fine. I'll see you in the morning."
"glad you understand." we kiss deeply and brake apart by going in our rooms.
When I lay after taking care of my business and changing into comfortable clothing, I hug my pillow and wish for it to be Harry. I kind of regret denying his request but, it's all for the better...

Gerard's POV
As we all mingled along through the night, drinking champagne in celebration for Frank, I got Ms. Lynn to follow along to my plan.
When most of our gang--most importantly Ray, Christa and Mikey--sat around in our new living room, Ms. Lynn made her move just like she planned(she suggested a better plan so we scratched out mine)
"so Edith, what did Harry want last time you guys talked?" that surely caught everyone's attention. Mikey, Ray, and Christa now looked at Edith and I.
"at the restuarant?"
"yes, I saw you guys talking outside in the patio."
"wait that guy looked for you again?" Ray spits out.
"well it was a little bit of a coincidence." Edith replies, "his team suggested to try that restuarant since my old friend Carly loves it there."
"did he try stealing you away again?" Mikey blurts out drinking his vodka.
"that's what I thought. Which got me scared but no. He was just looking to say sorry. He thought we kind of left our feelings without closure. I felt the same."
"no more feelings for this guys right?" Christa asks in a much rather calm voice.
"no more feelings. All my love is for him." she leans on me hugging my arm.
"so you guys are cool?" I ask joining the conversation.
"yeah.. I guess so.."
"you're cool with that bro?" Mikey asks nudging me.
"yeah, I guess so." now everyone looks at me. Including Edith.
"never saw that coming. Why so?"
"well I have Edith, duh. But not only that, we sorta made up." I look at Christa, who I'm sure knows. She returns the mischivious smile.
"why didn't you tell me about this?" Edith questions.
"I- I forgot."
"when did this happen, is the real question." Ray also interrogates.
"a while.. Ago."
"where'd you see him??" Mikey joins pressing on the pressure button.
"God you guys, can we stop the interrogation?! Sheesh!"
"here I'll speak for him." Ms. Lynn says saving my butt. I hope she has a good excuse.
"Gerard did me the favor to take me to the pharmacy one day to fetch my pills. When we entered the CVS, we found Harry by the ice-cream section. I talked to him for a few minutes but boy, you could just feel the anger in the air. So, I cut the air by bringing it up. I lectured both of them that it's all in the past and they should just make up. So, my words touched their heart and they made up that very second."
"are you lying mom?" Edith asks.
"cross my heart I'm not. It's all very true."
"why didn't you ask me to take you Ms. Lynn? I'm always at your house!" Mikey says.
"well you and Jade weren't home at the time."
"now I feel a little guilty.."
"it's okay Mikes, I had it all under control. Besides, it was fate. Fate wanted Harry and I to make up and that's how it ends."
"aww, I'm proud." Edith hugs me and kisses my cheek.
"I still don't quite buy it.." Ray squints.
"calling me a liar?" Ms. Lynn jokes.
"oh no no, you're my jolly granny! All respect to you but.. It's this guy. I'm thinking he made you make up that story." He punches my arm.
"nah man, c'mon. It's Harry we're talking about."
"exactly. You can't just hate a guy and then make up with him."
"hey, we might have said sorry but it doesn't mean we're friends.."
"that's true RayRay.." Christa scolds.
"fine, I'll believe it."
"so, do we all still hate him?" I ask hoping that question didn't blow everything off.
"he wasn't the best.. But he didn't do anything to us." Chista says.
"he was cool with Jade, so I'm cool with him." Mikey admits and our eyes role over to the big guy.
"I guess he's okay. He deserves a little respect but, what he did to you.. Not cool." Ray points shaking his finger in the air.
"hey guys, our parents are leaving." Frank says coming around with Emma on his hand and their parents following.
"it was great talking to you again Rosy." the Jayliems talked to Ms. Lynn as Frank's parents come talk to Edith, Ray, Christa and I.
"wow you guys, I'm proud." Ms. Iero says.
"thanks." we both say.
"and Ray, wow.. I'm amazed at how great you are at the guitar." Mr. Iero tells Ray.
"why weren't your parents able to make it Gerard?"
"oh they've moved up North with my grandparents and couldn't make it."
"oh that's too bad."
"yeah, but they called and wished Mikey and I good luck."
"oh well that's good. Well it was nice seeing you guys and gals." she hugs me and then the rest.
Once everyone has said they're goodbyes, everyone starts to leave one by one till its only Frank, Emma, Edith and I.
"I can't believe you guys lied to me." Emma whines as she helps Edith clean up.
"well we couldn't tell you the truth." I reply.
"that lie was good though." Edith says.
"yeah it really was, I really thought you were proposing tonight. I'd have to admit I was sad."
"I saw it right through you baby." Frank says laughing.
"you guys are such assholes." she laughs as well.
After Edith and Emma were done, the Iero's also decided to leave. Edith and I got ready for bed and cuddled under the blankets.
"why couldn't Vicky make it?" she says whilst she strokes my arm that wraps around her waist.
"she wasn't feeling too well." I start to kiss her shoulder and slowly rub her thigh.
"sucks. Tonight was amazing babe. I'm so proud of you and the band." she turns around and wraps her arms around my neck.
"thank you." I smile.
"I love you Gerard. You're amazing."
"I love you too pretty girl. You're the best that has ever happened to me."
"aww, you're so sweet. And understanding, I'm glad you made up with Harry."
"I guess it's a good thing."
"it is. It's just one less thing to worry about."
"what do you mean?"
"well it was just bugging me that you hated him. He was someone special in my life and you mean the world to me. I don't like two great people in my life to hate each other you know."
"I guess so. But whatever makes you happy is my muse."
"thank you Gee, goodnight."
"goodnight my love." I kiss her lips for the last time tonight and fall asleep holding her close.

---

The next morning, after Edith left to her normal daily routine, I called Victoria so she can let me in on the plan.
"hey Victoria." I say when she answers.
"hey ready to hear what I have in mind?"
"shoot."
"okay well I was just thinking to have just a normal dinner. You tell her that I want to show you guys who my boyfriend is and when I show up with Harry, I'm sure she'll be surprised and we just explain then."
"simple plan. Dinner where?"
"maybe your house? I would surely like to see your new home."
"alright.. Sounds good. Anything special to cook up?"
"anything you guys would like. Harry insisted to take dessert so yeah."
"sounds cool. What time?"
"around 7."
"I'll have dinner ready by then."
"Kay cool. See you at 7 then."
"alright. Bye."

---

Later on in the day, as I hung out with my good brother Mikey, I talked to him about what was going on. He's the only one I have told. I figured, If Vicky has told all the girls but Eddie, why not tell Mikey? Who understands shit and doesn't judge you.
"so you're telling me, Vicky is going out with Edith's ex. And she's living with him. Yet, Edith doesn't know at all?" he says as we walk out of Starbucks.
"exactly. And Vicky and him are freaking out about it."
"what's to freak about? I don't think Edith would think of it as betrayal."
"exactly but, you know there were problems in high school too and ehh, no one likes to think about that."
"I guess so. Wait.. Wasn't Harry like, in deep love with Edith?"
"that's what I thought, don't know what exactly happened." as we waited at the crosswalk, a random guy approached us.
"hi, you're Gerard Way aren't you?" I look at Mikey in confusion and reply to the man. "yes. And you are?"
"hi I'm Brian Schecter. Huge fan of My Chemical Romance. I was at your release party and I thought maybe, you'd like to sign up to a bigger label."
"nah, we're good." I answer. He laughs a little.
"think about it and give me a call." he hands me a business card.
"thank you sir. Have a nice day." the crosswalk turns green and Mikey and I cross the street without looking back.
"that was weird." Mikey says as we enter my car.
"sure was." I stuff the business card in the glove compartment and drive out.
"where to next?"
"well I dont know if you'd like to come but I'm going to Vicky's."
"for what?"
"I just want to apologize to Harry before tonight."
"I thought you did.."
"I didn't, he did. I kind of.. Punched him."
"wait what? So you didn't see him at CVS with Ms. Lynn?"
Crap
"no, that was a lie Ms. Lynn helped me on."
"what the- and I thought she wasn't lying."
"she's a good liar."
"so what actually happened? No lying this time!"
"okay well, when Vicky was moving out, he was helping her. I was pissed to see him so I kind of lost my cool and told him some mean stuff."
"like what?"
"I don't quite remember. I just know they were offensive but he didn't do anything. He actually held in his anger. But when I just couldn't take his presence, I punched him."
"damn. Did he punch back?"
"no, he actually locked me in my own house. But he was pretty angry. And I still kept teasing him! But he did apologize. But I was too mad to accept it. I did apologize for the punch but, now I think I should apologize for anything I've done."
"nice way of thinking brother. I'm proud of you." he pats my back.
"thanks." we enter Harry's neighborhood and when we do, Mikey stares out the window with a jaw-dropping expression.
"this is where he lives?"
"yup. Want to come?"
"hell yeah." he exits the car eagerly and arrives at the door before me. I ring the bell once and a few seconds later, a shocked, red-faced Harry answers.
"Gerard, what are you doing here?"
"can we talk?" I ask vulnerably feeling like the smaller person.
"sure, c'mon in." as we enter, I notice Mikey's eyes widen through his glasses.
"nice place." I comment.
"thank you."
"sure thing." Mikey laughs, "hello Harry."
"Hi.. Mikey. Follow me." we follow him in the living room and sit on the couch next to a huge bamboo grove.
"want anything to drink? Some coke? Beer?.."
"a coke is fine." I reply shyly.
"you Mikey?"
"a beer is fine." he disappears.
"Edith must have had some fun here."
"shut up!" I whisper and punch him hard. Not only is it a wrong time to say it but, for a minute there, my jealous meter rose.
"here you go." he hands me my coke, Mikey his beer, and he drinks his wine.
"is Vicky here?" I ask after taking my first sip.
"no, she's out with Jade, I believe."
"oh, interesting." Mikey replies and takes his phone out.
"so listen.. Harry.. I'm here because we've left some unfinished business."
"I believe so."
"I want to apologize first of all. Apologize before our dinner tonight. I thought it would probably be a little awkward for me later."
"I agree."
"I'm sorry for punching you but at the moment I did it, I had in what I went through while you had Edith."
"I'm sure it was hell."
"you got that right. Anyway, I still get a little angry knowing you're her ex but she's reassured me that nothing will happen again."
"it sure won't. Promise you that. For the record, I just want to let you know I don't have feelings for her anymore. I'm not gonna lie, but I had the best times with her. I'm just happy we had something before and she was once mine. But now, I couldn't be any happier that she's back with her true love."
"thank you, for that. And the last time we saw each other.. Edith explained to me what was going on. I was just mad that she lied to me and I swear I thought she was cheating on me. We've had some
bad issues on cheating before and so, that just kind of came to mind and I was starting to feel devasted again. But once she told me what happened, I felt relieved and guilty for blaming things on you. So sorry for that too."
"it's totally cool man. I mean, Edith told me about the brake up in high school so if I were in your shoes at that moment, I would sure feel the same. No worries. And I just see Edith as a friend. Nothing more."
"yeah well, glad you understand."
"thank you Gerard, for the apology. It sure means a lot."
"you're welcome. And I accept your apology. I recall saying I didn't." I laugh nervously.
"thank you for that too."
"well uh.. How about a hug, new friend?"
"sure." we both stand and pat each other on the back. As we both sit, the front door opens and in comes Vicky with a surprise guest.
"Mikey?!" she says.
"Jade?!" they stare at one another but then stand and embrace each other adding a kiss.
"what are you doing here?" Victoria questions me. Harry and I walk over to her.
"I just came to apologize." the mad written all over her face was replaced by a sigh of relief and a smile.
"well, I'm glad." she responds and gives me a hug. When she lets go of me, Harry and her stare at each other nervously and just kiss each other on the cheek.
"oh c'mon Vicky." Jade states sternly with humor. Vicky starts to laugh and blush but Harry just takes the opportunity and grabs her by the waist and plants a sweet kiss on her lips. The rest of us start to clap with joy.
"there you go." I say out loud and she punches my arm.
"why do you punch me?! Shouldn't you punch Jade?!"
"no you! Because you're just so annoying!" she punches me again then hugs me.
"hey, calm your girlfriend down Harry!" everyone starts to laugh. She pulls away and then he embraces her waist from behind. Her cheeks start to blush red again but she soon calms down in his arms.
"I'm gonna start heading out. Mikey you coming with me?"
"I'm going wherever Jade is. Jade?"
"I think I'm gonna go too Vicky. It was nice hanging out though." She lets go of Mikey's embrace and hugs Vicky and Harry.
"it was nice talking to you both. See you at 7." I tell Harry and Vicky. Mikey and I hug them goodbye and the rest of us head out.

---

When I walk in my house alone, I find Edith sitting on the nice armchair looking out the window. She reaches out for her wine glass and drinks up.
"Edith?" I question and approach the chair slowly. She doesn't get up till a few seconds later.
"hey." she walks over to me and hugs me. I look into her eyes and notice they're red and a little puffy.
"what's wrong sugar?" I start to get worried as she grips her lips and tear sheds.
"it's nothing." she giggles and kisses me.
"it's nothing? So why are you crying?" she whimpers a little and hugs me tighter. I stroke her back as she cries silently on my shoulder. Seeing her like this brakes my heart.
"will you tell me what's wrong?"
"let's go sit." she says braking the hug and leading me to the couch. She pours herself more wine.
"okay, let's stop drinking for a sec. The bottle is almost empty Edith.." I take the wine away from her and she wipes her hands nervously on her lap.
"well you know how Swan Lake is coming up in about 2 months right?"
"yeah, what about it?"
"well, they want me to go a month earlier.. To practice with them... And I don't want to go. Emma's getting married and what if I won't be here anymore because I have to leave? And then there's you.. I don't want to leave you.." she crawls over to my side and rests her head on my lap crying.
"Edith, get up." I lift her off the floor. She sits on my lap with each knee on each side of me. I hug her as close as possible, trying to come up with something to say.
"but it's your job Edith.." I start tear up myself realizing she'll only be here for another month and then I won't be able to see her till.. Who knows when..
"I know it's my job.. But we just got together and, I'll just feel so lonely without you."
"I will too. God I'll miss you so much!" I hug her even closer and tighter as I start to feel my tears spill out of my eyes.
"Gee, I love you. I never want to leave your side."
"I want you to be my wife.."
"that'll make all my wishes come true." she pulls away and looks at me like a scared cat. The same stare I've seen through out my years of loving her.
"have I ever told you you look like a cat when you're scared?" I giggle as she wipes my tears and forms a smile.
"a few times.." she cups my face and slowly, leans in kissing my lips. I savor her lips as she kisses deeper and slowly. I start moving my lips softly and she follows along. She starts to play with my tongue just the way she knows that gets me turned on. I start to nibble down her neck and her soft little breathes lead me on. I brush my hand up her shirt, stroking her soft skin with my cold hand. I start to feel the goosbumps as she arches her back towards me. She grabs my face again resting her forehead on mine.
"promise you'll love me forever?" she whispers having short quick breaths.
"I promise." I whisper back and accept her passionate kiss.

---

After kissing a few times on the couch, we lied down and fell into a deep sleep. The thing that woke me up was the door bell ringing a few times. I moved Edith aside so I can get off the couch. When I open the door, simultaneously I close it again slamming it in our guest's face.
"fuck." I check my watch and realize its 7:10pm. I open it again stepping out.
"I am fucking sorry for that." I laugh and rub my eyes.
"it's okay." Vicky laughs.
"I'm sorry you guys, we don't have anything ready. We.. Fell asleep and time flew out of our hands."
"that's fine. Why don't we order take out?" Vicky suggests.
"sure why not. I'll buy, you pick the place."
"oh you don't have to buy everything." Harry joins in.
"no, it's our fault. I'll buy. What do you guys want?"
"I feel like a burger and fries. How about you Harry?"
"burger and fries sounds fine."
"alright I'll call Jimmy's" I take my phone out and start to dial.
"wait, Jimmy's Burger Dine In?" Harry says interrupting me.
"yeah, why?"
"I love that place."
"I do too." I agree and giggle, "let me just go inside and wake Edith up. I'll be right out." I walk in again, finish my order for Jimmy's and head over to Edith who sleeps like an angel in the couch.
"Edith sugar, wake up." I kiss her cheek and she opens her eyes already smiling.
"I didn't tell you but, we kind of have visitors."
"oh how embarrasing, I'm sleeping." she sits up and yawns.
"yeah but, they're not just any visitors. It's Vicky.."
"okay.. And.."
"and her date.."
"oh she's finally gonna show us her mystery date?"
"yeah.. But before I let them in, I want to tell you that I love you and she loves you and you shouldn't hate her.."
"umm.. Okay." she laughs, "I love Vicky, how can I possibly hate her?"
"alright well, just brace yourself..." we both get up and she stands behind me as I open the door.
"come on in." I invite Vicky. She's the first one to walk in and when Harry walks in, it becomes silent.
"uhh, Hi.. Edith." Harry says. I look over at Edith who stares blankly at him, then at Vicky, them at their hands that clasp together by their thighs.
"um.. Hi.. I- Could someone explain?" she says after a while crossing her arms and squinting over at us. Now I'm actually starting to think that she's mad about the idea of them two..
"let's sit." I invite and we all go to the couch and sit.
As Victoria starts to explain to Edith what was going on, I invite Harry over with me to the kicthen.
"how do you think she's taking it?" Harry asks as I pour everyone some wine.
"I think.. I think she's alright with it. Just that, I know something's up she's not too comfortable with." Harry helps me take the glasses over to the living room and when we sit, Edith takes my hand and squeezes it.
"well.. All I have to say to you two is that, I'm happy. I'm glad you guys have someone to share your love with. One thing I'm not too fond of is that I don't see why you would be afraid to tell me. I mean, it's your life! Do whatever you want. Harry and I were done and you were there for him and if that's what made you guys click than okay you know? Things happen and it's all the results of people's action."
"well thanks. I was just afraid because I wasn't sure what your reaction would be. I mean, remember our problem in high school.."
"but that's all been forgiven! It's okay, just.. Trust me next time."
"I will. Thanks for understanding."
"you're welcome." they hug and that's when the doorbell rings. I bet that's our food.
"I'll get that." I announce and get up to get the door. And just like I guessed, it was our delicious burgers and fries.

---

Edith's POV
When I walked down the stairs of my building to go throw away the trash, I bumped into Harry who was coming back up from his car.
"hey, I brought dessert." he says to me.
"cool, what'd you bring?"
"granny's red velvet cake."
"ooh yum." I take a small scoop of the frosting and giggle.
"where are you going?" he says when I start to walk down the stairs.
"throw away this trash."
"I'll go with you."
"alright." I giggle again. More nervously than happy. I'd have to admit I feel awkward. It's the first time in months I hang out with Harry. Nonetheless, be alone with him.
"listen I'm sorry as well for not telling you."
"oh Harry, don't worry about it. It's all cool."
"I'm just glad you understand."
"thanks. So tell me, how'd you fall for Vicky?"
"oh I dont know.. She was just very charming and sweet. She helped me get through.. You know, our brake up."
"right." I throw away the trash and we walk back.
"how did you and Gerard get together? If.. You don't mind me asking.."
"it's okay. Umm.. It was tough at first. I didn't want to."
"really.."
"yup. I was just devasted about everything. I was literally done with love. I wasn't sure if I could love the same guy again with all the problems caused because of that love. It always had to be something you know? Something to ruin everything for me."
"hmm, giving up on love. That's tough. It must have been hard for him too."
"yeah, it was hard for both us. But eventually he helped me put that aside and we just, started dating again."
"well that's nice. Glad your happy."
"I'm glad too." we reach the door, but before I open it, I ask him a question I've been wanting to know to calm my conscious and put all the awkwardness within me aside.
"are you happy?" I dare to ask and the look on his face says it took him by surprise as well.
"I think.. I am. I mean things are still a little tough but.. I think Vicky keeps me together. Having her around is like, a blessing. She's so understanding and that's what makes me love her."
"aww, that's sweet. I think Vicky and you deserve each other. I wish you both the best of luck." I smile and hug him.
"thank you Edith."
"you're welcome." she smiles again and we enter her home.
Sign up to rate and review this story