Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're just brothers

I Love It When You Sing...

by DigitalGhost 2 reviews

Waycest fanfiction. Mikey tries to remember what happened last night...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-02-03 - Updated: 2013-02-04 - 453 words

0Unrated
When morning broke, Mikey slowly opened his eyes. His head was throbbing, he didn't know why, he couldn't remember last night at all. He began trying to sit up, his arms hurt, they were stiff. After much effort, he was upright. Balanced on the edge of his bed, his shoulders hunched over as he clutched his head. He rubbed the dust from his eyes, he could smell the alcohol on his clothes, he felt disappointed, he'd stopped getting completely pissed years ago.
He stood up, he swayed slightly, still not quite used to supporting himself. He staggered over to the door, noticing the pills and water on the side. He mumbled under his breath, trying not to laugh, "the git..." a small chuckle escaped his lips. He popped the pills out of the foil and downed three with a mouthful of water.
When he opened the door, he heard Gerard downstairs. He was singing...
"When the lights go out, will you take me with you? And carry all this broken bone, through six years down in crowded rooms and highways I called home..."
Mikey smiled, he loved hearing his brother sing, especially a song that Mikey found that beautiful. He stood there for a bit, just listening to Gerard, he knew if he went downstairs Gerard would stop singing and want to talk to him instead.
As Gerard came to the end of the chorus, Mikey began quietly slipping downstairs. He moved carefully and then stood behind the door frame of the kitchen.
"Terrified of what I'd be, as a kid from what I've seen, every single day when people try and put the pieces back together, just to smash them down, turn my headphones up real loud, I think I need them now, could you sto-..."
Gerard stopped... he heard something move behind the door. Cautiously, he moved over to the doorway. Just as he peeked around the doorframe, Mikey grabbed him and pulled him into a hug.
"I love it when you sing... I really love it"
Gerard smiled, he looked up to Mikey and nodded.
"Please... keep singing..." Mikey smiled back at his brother. Gerard pulled away, he was blushing...
"Nooo..." He said shyly... he sounded so childish... he sauntered back into the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee for Mikey.
"Thanks..." Mikey said as he took the coffee from Gee "...Oh...! Thanks for the painkillers... you knew I'd had something to drink... didn't you..."
"Did I!? You came staggering in and hugged me! Then I helped you to your room and got you the ibuprofen..." Gerard laughed playfully. He watched as Mikey began blushing. Gerard pulled him into another hug, "It's okay though, we all need space sometimes."
Sign up to rate and review this story