Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Reasoning Love

Registration

by glostick86 1 review

(REVISED)First day in a new school. How do you think this will turn out?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-03-01 - Updated: 2013-07-18 - 1759 words

1Original
Angel wakes up feeling a little sad. She had a dream about her friends who are back in San Antonio. In a way she wished things had never changed but then she doesn't cause then she would have never gotten a chance to meet Gerard. She gets up to start looking through her closet to try to find something to wear. She settles on a black and white baby doll blouse, black skinnies and her black Vans. She braids her hair into pigtails not caring if it made her look childish.

"Ang, honey breakfast!!" her mother calls up.

"Okay." she answers as she does one last check on her makeup before heading down stairs.

"Well you look nice for your first day." her mother says smiling.

"Thanks! You don't think I should have left my hair loose?"

"No it looks fine." she answers reassuringly. They finish up with breakfast and head out to Lydia's school first. She's in middle school while Cal and Angel are in high school. They decide to wait in the car while their mom goes inside with Lydia.

"Knock em' dead Lyd!" Caleb screams from the car. She turns around and waves.

Afterwards they head over to the high school. Caleb and Angel were able to convince their mom that it wasn't necessary for her to come in with them. Thankfully she agrees and heads over to work. When everything is done, an office aid takes Caleb to his class leaving Angel to be taken by the vice principal, Ms. Anderson. She seems to be a nice enough woman.

"If you have any questions, my door is always open."

"Ok, Ms. Anderson. Thank you." Angel walks into class and hands the teacher her note from the office.

"Class we have a new student here with us today. Please welcome Angel Martinez."

"Hi." she says awkwardly.

As she looks to the back of the class, she spots Ray and Gerard. The teacher tells to take the empty seat that just happens to be right in front of Gerard. He smiles and winks at her as she walks to her seat. All she can do is smile back.

Gerard is amazed at his luck. Angel has been placed in his homeroom class. As she sits down at her desk, Gerard notices that she has a tattoo at the nape of her neck of a fairy sitting on a mushroom. He finds that very sexy. While the teacher has her back turned, he leans forward in his seat to whisper into her ear.

"You look beautiful today and I love your tattoo." he says as he brushes his fingers over it. He smiles to himself when he notices her shuddering because of it. The bell rings for the start of lunch period.

"Would you like to have lunch with us?" asks Ray.

"Sure if you don't mind."

"Nope. Just follow us." They all head out to their usual spot under an old oak tree. He starts to notice Angel taking out a sketch book and a pack of drawing pencils.

"I didn't know that you liked to draw." he tells her surprised.

"Yeah I've been doing it since I was 5." Angel tells him.

"Do you mind if I take a look at some of your work?" Gerard asks her. She says she doesn't and hands him her sketch book. It surprises him at how detailed some of them are. "Wow you're pretty good." he tells her.

"You think so? I don't know. I'm still trying to work on my details to people's faces." she replies.

"No trust me. I'm sure." he says as he comes to the last page and notices that it's of him. Buy before he could get a really good look of it, she snatches it back.

"Oh I'm sorry. You weren't supposed to see that one yet. Uh...it's…not finished." she whispers while blushing red.

He says nothing except smiles. So she had drawn his portrait. Even though he did not get a chance to look at it in detail, he did notice that there were stars and hearts drawn around the edge of the page. So no it would seem that Angel has a crush on him. Angel has her head down trying to concentrate on the sketch she was currently trying to work on. Ray notices that something is up with them because Angel is avoiding any eye contact, blushing and Gerard is grinning stupidly to himself.

"Hey man you ok?"

“Yeah. I’m good." Gerard decides to tell Ray what just happened between him and Angel. When they both look back over at Angel, she is busily drawing in her book.

“Hey guys!” says Caleb as he walked over to the group.

"What's up man? How’s your first day going so far?" Ray asks.

"Okay so far. Hey does any know what is up with my sister?" he asks nodding toward Angel who is very busy drawing but red as a tomato.

"I haven't the slightest clue." says Ray laughing.

Angel is just mortified that Gerard saw the drawing that she did of him. That was really embarrassing. She notices that Caleb is talking to Ray and Gerard. It seems like he is really fitting in here which is a relief. He had a hard time making friends back in San Antonio.

At that moment Angel notices that three more people had joined there little group, two girls and one boy. One of the girls has short black pixie cut hair with a red streak in front. She was dressed punkish yet tasteful. The other girl had light brown hair slightly past her shoulders and was wearing a blue jean skirt with black leggings, a shirt with a cupcake and crossbones on it and black and hot pink Converse. She goes over to Ray, him on the cheek and sits on his lap. The boy was dressed in a black t-shirt and blue jeans. He had short brown hair. Gerard notices Angel looking at them.

"Angel this is Ray's girlfriend Christa, Christa’s cousin Matt and Frank's girlfriend Jamia. Guys this is Angel and her brother Caleb. They just started school today." says Gerard.

"Hi." they say in unison.

Angel says nothing but waves.

"So how old are you?" Jamia asks as she sits down beside her.

"I'm 16. So your Frank's girlfriend. Where is he?"

"Oh he doesn't come to this school yet. I mean he would be here with us if he didn’t fail last year but at least Mikey is not by himself. He and Mikey are still in middle school."

"Really, so is my sister Lydia." Angel replies.

"So Angel is this school any different from the one you were at before?" asks Christa.

"Yeah it's smaller than what I'm used to. Back in San Antonio I was in a 4A school."

"4A? What does that mean? Was it a bad school?" asks Ray.

"No it wasn't a bad school. 4A means I went to a school with over 4,000 students."

"Wow!" he says surprised.

Angel laughs and pulls out her laptop. “Here I’ll show you.” She says as she starts to look up her old school.

“Brackenridge High School?” says Ray.

“Yeah, most schools in San Antonio are 4A. Have any of ya ever been there?” asks Caleb.

“I’ve been to Texas but not San Antonio. Only to Dallas.” says Matt.

“Hey sis can I use your laptop for my next class?”

“Sure. Just be careful with it, okay.” Angel says as she goes back to her drawing. From under her lashes she notices that Gerard, who is sitting across from her, is staring at her very intently. So she decides to look up at him and smile.

"Sorry." he says smiling back.

"It's ok. Nothing for you to be sorry for." she tells him.

"So tell me about your life back in San Antonio. “ Gerard tells her.

“What do you want to know?”

“Um, what are your friends like?”

"Ok. My best friends name is Sarah. We have been friends since birth. Our moms have been friends since high school. Then there is also Michelle, Lilly and Gabby. Oh there is also Julio. I count his as a girl because he's gay." she says laughing.

"Cool. Any guy friends or.....boyfriends?" he asks tentatively.

"Guy friends: yes. There's Carlos, who's dating Michelle and Chris who's dating Sarah. There is also Daniel and Edward. But as for boyfriends: no. I mean I dated guys but none of them were serious. I never really met a guy that I had an instant connection and attraction with until now." she tells him.

"Really.” he asks surprised. “Is it any one that I know?" he asks smiling.

Shit! Did I really just say that? Angel asks herself. Now he is asking who it is. She feels too embarrassed to say that it's him. She looks away avoiding eye contact while trying to figure out how to answer that question. Thankfully she is saved by the bell ringing. Ray catches Gerard's attention which gives Angel a way out of telling him for now. She gets her stuff together and starts walking away with Caleb, Christa and Jamia. Jamia is so excited to find out that she and Angel wear the same size. Angel can already tell that they are going to be really good friends since she is a lot like Sarah.

The rest of the day passes by rather fast and before she knew it school was over. Caleb said that he was going to stay after school a little bit longer and that he had already called their mom to let her know. Well that’s just great. Angel was not looking forward to having to walk home by herself on the first day. She was about a block away from school when she notices a car pull up next to her. She is about to tell whoever is in the car to get lost when she noticed that it was Gerard.

"Hey you want a ride home?"

"Sure if you don't mind."

"Nope. Here get in." he says leaning over to open the door for her. "Besides it's not like you live across town or anything."

They are about half way there when Gerard decides to break the silence. "So are you going to tell me who the guy is?"

"What guy?"

"The guy you’re into. Is it someone I know?"

She says nothing as she curses herself for opening her big mouth.
Sign up to rate and review this story