Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stones Of Words.

Let It Melt Away...

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 0 reviews

Frank arrives at the Way household but Frank's not really feeling comfortable so far away from home.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-03-01 - 2930 words

1Original
Gerard’s POV

as the chime on the grandfather clock sounded to mark the time as 4pm Mikey and I were now sprawled across the living room, Mikey was lying like a star fish on the laminate flooring facing the ceiling and I was lying on the old brown leather sofa my left leg lying up where your head usually goes and my right leg dangling over the arm rest, it was really nice and peaceful right up until mom walked into the room “Boys sit up properly, Linda will be here any minute and I don’t want you lying around like apes!” she instructed, Mikey and I both sighed and pushed ourselves into upright position when mom left the room and went back into the kitchen Mikey swivelled round to face me “are you nervous?” he asked, I gave him a quizzical look “What’s there to be nervous about?” I replied, he shrugged “well y’know it’s Frank, your childhood best friend, what if he’s turned out to be completely different to us, what if he’s a jock, and he like beats you up or-or he’s exactly like us, he’s super-hot and you just want to get in his pants” he finished with a smirk, I grabbed the nearest cushion and threw it at his head “shut up Mikey I’m not gay” I muttered, Mikey laughed and shook his head “Sure you’re not Gee…” he trailed off, as I was about to verbally abuse my little brother the doorbell rang, mom rushed through the room and waved her hands indicating we should both stand up, we did as we were told, we didn’t really want mothers wrath after us so we stood next to each other and waited for Linda and Frank to walk through the door. I went upstairs to finish clearing some of my art stuff out of the spare room while Mikey was no doubt hiding in the living room hoping to catch a glimpse of our new ‘roommate’

Frank’s POV

I fell asleep quite quickly on the plane, although it wasn’t comfortable a slept for five hours which was practically the entire journey, I woke up when the plane landed bumpily onto the runway of Newark airport, looking out of the small window I let out a deep sigh and looked to my mother who again smiled weakly at me as she stood up, I followed her actions and everyone else’s and everyone walked off the plane, walking through the terminal and through the gates my life seemed to be in slow motion, I looked around to see people standing around waiting and greeting their loved ones my eyes fell to a woman who was walking in front of us long brunette hair in loose curls fell to the middle of her back she wore a knitted hat and scarf to match, with grey skinny jeans and an oversized jumper pulling along a heavy looking suitcase but the weight of the suitcase didn’t stop her steady walk from increasing in pace to a jog and then to a sprint, she dropped the suitcase and flung her arms around a man who was standing in front of her smiling his arms closed around her waist and lifted her into the air, they shared a passionate kiss and then looked at each other with so much love in their eyes and the smiles to prove it, he picked up her case and they walked off hand in hand without saying a single word, I let my eyes fall to the floor never once in my entire life has anyone cared about me that much, in that way, I thought they did, and they said they did, but they lied. But my feelings were far from being false. I held back the tears and tried to forget the pain but pain is an overwhelming feeling and sometimes it gets the better of you, most of the time it gets the better of me.
After walking past and through all of the other people mom and I finally made it outside where she called a taxi and we just drove for what felt like forever, going through neighbourhoods and shopping streets seeing all the happy strangers smile at each other, I just didn’t understand how everyone that lives in a state that’s known for being dangerous and violent can be so happy and feel secure to walk through the toughest of neighbourhoods in the dark, feeling so safe…
We pulled up outside a house that seemed relatively pleasant and vaguely familiar, but in my memory it was bigger, although last time I was here I was a lot smaller which would explain that.

“Frankie get your luggage from out of the truck while I go and talk to Donna…” mom shouted from the porch steps after she’d paid the cab driver, I sighed and did as she asked, popping open the trunk of the cab and grabbing my bags, I slung my shabby guitar case around my back, not that I really play the damn thing anymore it’s just a comfort to have around I guess, it was gathering dust in the corner of my room until I decided last minute to bring it along too. I took my time grabbing the bags so Mom could talk to Donna without having me as an awkward burden I placed them on the sidewalk beside me, I glanced over to see both my mother and Donna looking at me, Donna smiled at me sympathetically, I shook my head and closed the trunk hitting the side of the car to let the driver know he could leave, which he did.

I heard mom's heals clinking across the stone path as she came back to pick up some bags, she smiled at me in gratitude I simply nodded and picked up the rest of the bags before heading toward the door to the house that’s not my home, in a state that I never thought I’d come back to…
“Hi Frank, you’ve grown so much since I last saw you, but I’ll bare you the patronising conversation, your bedroom is up the stairs, second door on the left, I think Gerard might still be in there but he’s pretty timid around new people so make yourself comfortable” Donna stated stepping aside to let me into the house, I nodded in thanks and headed upstairs and into my new bedroom, I pushed the door open quietly and saw who I assumed to be Gerard, he turned around to face me, his eyes went wide and his cheeks a vicious shade of red, the two of us both ducked our heads behind our hair to avoid direct eye contact but even though my head was bowed I was still looking at him, he walked passed me mumbling something of a greeting and an apology at the same time, I dropped my bags and shut the door I let my head fall back against it and I slid down until I was sitting with my knees level with my head, my arms leaning on my knees I sighed again I let the tears I’d held back at the airport fall.

Of course no one would care about me… I'm a horrible person, I'm a liar, I’m beaten, I’m bruised, I’m scarred, I’m ugly, I’m so fucked up. Why the hell would anyone give two shits about me? no wonder my family have had enough of me, my own mother can’t stand me being around for two days anymore, I’m just counting the days before Donna kicks me out…

Gerard’s POV

My reunion with Frank was brief, apparently Frank was just as timid as I was around ‘new’ people so a brief glance and a mumbled hello was a good enough greeting I suppose, although going back downstairs to my brother was a decision I regret making…
“So what’s like? Does he look cool? Are you two going to be friends again? Do you think he’s hot?”
I rolled my eyes “He’s quiet and also not in a good place right now Mikey you know that, he looks pretty cool I suppose, not a jock thank god, I’m not sure whether we will be friends, and I’m not gay Mikey I’ve told you.” Mikey rolled his eyes “That closet of yours must be getting pretty claustrophobic by now Gerard…” I glared at him “Shut the fuck up Mikey.” I sat down on the couch and closed my eyes “Oh come on Gerard, when are you going to admit that you’re gay…” My brother pestered, I opened my eyes and sighed “Look Mikey, I’ll openly admit to it when I’m ready, you pressuring me isn’t helping okay?” I replied, Mikey looked at me apologetically “well at least you’ve admitted it to someone, that’s a start…” I smiled and looked at my brother I took a deep breath “You know I had a dream last night…” I trailed off Mikey laughed softly “Most people do Gerard, what was it about?” he questioned I leant my head back and looked to the ceiling “Well, we were on stage, like in front of a huge crowd, Me on vocals, you on bass, Ray on guitar and Bob on drums obviously and we’d just walked out, I was introducing us to a New Jersey crowd…” I heard Mikey sigh “Well that was the plan but I guess the whole ‘band’ thing didn’t really work out did it…” he stated, I nodded slowly “Yeah but it has been a while…maybe we should give it another shot, I mean I’ve still been writing songs, just because we’re not in a band didn’t mean I’d stop…” Mikey looked at me “Really? You’ve still be writing?” I nodded in silence and stood up “where are you going?” Mikey asked I turned to him “I’m gonna call the guys…see if they still wanna do this”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~

Frank’s POV

I heard noise from outside my room and a few muffled voices saying “Good night” to each other, I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was now 11:30pm, I hadn’t been downstairs at all, I hadn’t eaten dinner, I hadn’t spoken to anyone, I hadn’t done anything, not because I didn’t want to, I was just scared, I still am scared I don’t know what to make of this situation, I’m living in a strange house, with strange people and my mom has practically abandoned me here and I was alone, more alone than I’ve ever felt, I looked around the room my eyes fell onto my guitar sitting in the corner of the room, I stood up slowly and walked toward it cautiously knowing the wooden floorboards beneath my feet creaked rather loudly when pressure was applied to them once I’d collected the guitar I walked back toward the bed and sat down positioning the instrument comfortably across my legs I closed my eyes and let my hands caress the strings and soon a soft melody began to flow, losing myself in the sounds of my creations.
I don’t know how long I’d been playing and little did I care, I kept the noise to a minimum as the Way family were sleeping as far as I was aware I continued to play and play and play until it seemed all my worries had just melted away, I’d almost forgotten how long it had been since I’d played and I’d forgotten how amazing it felt to play, to let out all your emotions without having to say a single word to feel free and limitless and completely safe
That was until I opened my eyes and saw Gerard standing at the door…

Gerard’s POV

Not being able to sleep is fucking shit especially when you’re like me and you love sleep and try to get as much as possible without being dead, I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling in silence with nothing but my thoughts for company, but then I realised that the gentle melody I thought my mind was playing to me was actually the soft playing of a guitar from the other room, I glanced to the clock on my night stand which read ’00:05’ I sighed softly and sat up on my bed, after a few seconds I stood up and headed toward my bedroom door in order to find out where the noise was originating from, I walked in to the hallway and heard the noise coming from Frank’s room, I’d almost forgotten he was here, I glanced down the hallway to see if mom and Mikey’s bedroom lights were still off which they were so I assumed they hadn’t woken up because of the sound, they are both quite heavy sleepers, but I looked back to the door in front of my and placed my hand on the handle, twisting and pushing it open carefully…

I must have watched him playing for about five minutes before he opened his eyes and realised I was here, his playing was so raw and emotional, you could feel it in the air, the passion that went into his playing reminded me of the passion that went into my writing, it was always about the bad stuff, the things you want to forget, the things you wished had never happened and I saw that in his eyes that were staring at me now, his mouth open slightly, his eyes were wide and looked horrified that I was in his room, but he then went a violent shade of red and ducked behind his hair like he had before, I leant against the door frame and tilted my head to the side “you’re really good…” I stated, he looked up slightly, I nodded toward the guitar “You’re really good at playing…” he shrugged not saying anything but I knew it was a modest act, I shook my head “not much of a talker huh?” I continued, he shook his head which was now facing me properly “Is it just a preference or is it because of…what happened?” his eyes widened slightly “I don’t know details…I was just given a brief.” I stated looking to the floor before looking back to him “So I’m guessing the whole not talking is because of…” I trailed off but he nodded, I nodded too in response “So…can I come in?” I asked softly, Frank hesitated but nodded and shuffled over on the bed so I could sit beside him but kept my distance, he stared at the floor “My mom asked me to try and help you...” I whispered, frank looked at me with a quizzical expression “Like y’know help you ‘come back’, help you be yourself again…but I can’t do that without your permission, and if you don’t want me to help, that’s okay but you should know, you won’t get through this alone, and I know it sounds horrible but it’s the truth and I feel like the truth is what you need to hear, I don’t believe in giving people false hope or lying to them, but I do want to help you Frank…” he looked at me again and sighed lightly I was now looking at the floor “I know it’s been eleven years Frank, and you might not even remember me all that well, but I’ve never had a friend who I’ve had so many happy memories with and although we’ve both grown and changed since then, I don’t want you to have to suffer in silence, unless you really want to, because I know how lonely life can get when you put up all your barriers, and sometimes there is only one person who can bring them down, and although Frank that person may not be me, I’ll try my best to become that person, because no one should feel like they have to isolate themselves to feel safe…” I finished and I stood up, I walked toward the door but before I left I turned back to the small boy on the bed “just think about it okay, you know where to find me if you want to…yeah.” I finished my sentence and walked back to my room; I climbed back onto my bed and lay down, closing my eyes and falling into my world of dreams…


AN- Hi! so this story is going to be a lot longer than my previous ones I think but I hope you're enjoying! and thank you so much for all the lovely reviews on the first chapter! you guys actually made my day when I read them anyway yes, longer chapters on this story and hopefully better quality writing, but sadly uploads may be delayed as I have exams here there and everywhere, but I will be uploading every chapter as soon as possible, thanks again to the readers and reviwers! it'd be great if you could Rate and Review this story it means a lot ~ BitterLoveBlackHeart xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story