Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Does anyone notice, does anyone care?

I Shot For The Sky

by Justalostflutterby 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-03-11 - 1752 words

1Original


Chapter 19:

Woah! Since when did I get up to writing chapter 19!? I hope that this story isn't getting boring or anything. Tell me what you thought in a review and I will always reply and love you forever! Thank you! -xo

I shot for the sky, I'm stuck on the ground...Why do I try, I know I'm gonna fall down...I thought I could fly, so why did I drown? ♥ I'm missing way too much, so when do I give up? What I've been wishing for...I shot for the sky, I'm stuck on the ground, so why do I try I know I'm gonna fall down...I thought I could fly, so why did I drown? I never know why...It's coming down, down, down...Down – Jason Walker

Frank:

“Gee!” I complained, shoving him, trying to wake him up. God, why did he always sleep so...Dead? “Gerard fucking Arthur Way!!” I shouted into his ear, he yelped and covered his ears, waking up instantly.

“Fuck Frank!” Gerard shrieked, at first I thought that he was super pissed but when a small smile crept onto his face and he let out a quiet laugh all my worries were soon gone.

“You want to do what to Frank?” I retorted with a huge smirk on my face. He shoved me back playfully and I rolled my eyes.

“Oh you know what,” Gerard replied, swinging his legs out of his side of the 'now-double-bed' that I had moved together with the help of him of course. Stupid, weak arms.

I wrapped my arms around him from behind over his chest and pulled him backwards back on to the bed, running a hand through his dark, messy hair.

His hair made him look even more pale than it should do, because of how dark it is. Everyone else would think that he was a dead vampire or zombie or some shit like that, but me – I thought he was the most beautiful human being on the planet.

Gerard laughed quietly and he played with one of my hands, running his lips along my fingers. I checked over at the time across the room and took note of it – nine at night. We had a whole night ahead of us to waste.

My phone vibrated again over on the cabinet beside my bed, I groaned and shuffled away from Gerard before going back over to 'my side' and pulling my knees up to my chest, wrapping one arm around them hugging them to myself.


I answered the phone and waited patiently for someone to speak on the other end, I had no idea who was ringing me, the number wasn't recognized and who really had my number here? “Frank?” Came a voice at the other end, a deep one at that. I small smile crept over my face and Gerard's left eyebrow raised high at me as a look of reconciliation appeared on my face.

“Kellin?” I asked, remembering his voice completely – you couldn't forget it. The amount of compliments that he had given me in that one music class was insane but...Eh.

As long as Gerard didn't find that out then it wasn't going to do much damage, right? Kellin Quinn had a voice that you would never forget – it was very distinct you see, if he called out in a crowd of people then there was a one hundred percent chance that you would notice which one he was.

“Yep, I was thinking about you 'cos I'm writing out a list of people to invite to my party tonight. Wanna join?” Kellin asked politely, Gerard was now playing with the hem on my trousers and I rolled my eyes.

“Are plus one's allowed?” I asked hesitantly, worried that he wasn't going to let Gerard come with me. If Gerard wasn't allowed to go then there would be no way in hell that I would go – a public place without Gerard would be like suicide.

“Sure, Gerard, right? He can bring his bro' too, Mikey – He's next on my list.” I smiled wide and shoved Gerard playfully away, he laughed and pretended to look hurt and strode away into the bathroom, mockingly strutting as he went.

Oh Lord...He was such a diva sometimes. I bit down on my lower lip to stop myself from cracking up and I replied to Kellin on the phone.

“That sounds good,” Gerard slammed the bathroom door extra loud for emphasis and I rolled my eyes once more.

“Eleven o'clock on the dot, Lot Street, number thirty. Me and the boys bought an apartment together a while ago to practice band together, you're welcome to join in at some point if you want. I mean...Your skills are just...Woah.” Kellin laughed a little to himself, I blushed a deep red and froze for a few seconds.

“We won't be late and thanks, I'll stop by sometime, that sounds good...I er, gotta go now. Bye!” I hung up, threw the phone down onto the bed and knocked on the bathroom door, assuming that Gerard would have locked me out. Also assuming that he wasn't going to let me in instantly.

“Gerard!” I complained, dragging my voice out over dramatically. “Let me in!”

“Why don't you go and see Kellin instead?” Gerard replied, mumbling under his breath more than anything else.

“Don't be an ass, open the door Gee.” I sighed, resting my forehead against the door. The amount of times that I had mentally told myself that this room needed redecorated was uncountable. The window was barely ever open, meaning that there was a constant slight smell of cigarettes and sweat.

Wait, cigarettes...A sudden thought came into my head and it reminded me that Gerard hadn't smoked for a few days. Or at least – barely. I walked over to the floor where he had last flung his trousers, I checked his pockets – no cigarettes there.

I went to his bag instead and checked through the pockets and the secret separate compartments. Nothing. I was just intrigued is all – I wanted to know how he was doing with...With life in general I guessed. Whether he was getting better or worse and if he was getting worse, what I could do to help.

I mean...Gerard meant everything to me and if anything ever happened to me then words could not describe what would happen to me. After all, Gerard is keeping me alive and if he died...Then so would I.

I searched through his leather jackets, his hoodies and still – nothing. I groaned and went to his desk, searching through his drawers until I found a small packet at the back of the drawer – finally!

I opened it up and found that it was a full packet, barely opened. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Either he had packets somewhere else or he really had quit. Or had...Forgotten. If that was possible.

I knocked on the door again, “please Gerard. I need to speak with you about something.” I tried the handle again and fell forwards when I found that it was already unlocked, I walked through the door slowly, careful with my every move that I made.

Gerard was sat in the corner of the room now, wrapping his arms around his legs. He was playing with a lighter in his hands and kept flicking it on and off again, completely mesmerized by the flame. I slowly sat down next to him and sighed, “what's wrong?” I asked, looking up at him through my eyelashes.

“So...A party tonight, right? Where everyone's going to love you and not me, right?” He asked, still completely out of it. I sighed, instantly shaking my head.

“They just don't know you, Gee – that's all.” I attempted to reassure him but he frowned and shook my head.

“No...That's not right. Not at all.” Gerard said and he ran the tip of his fingertip over the top of the flame, careful not to burn himself completely. I swallowed hard and placed a hand over his left hand slowly.

“They'll love you, Gerard.” I told him calmly. He put out the flame and he took out a packet of cigarettes from his left sock. Yes! That was where they were! But he hadn't smoked in a while – that was definitely true. You could tell. I guessed that it was just my anxiety kicking in before that made me overreact and worry about him.

After placing the cigarette in his mouth he held the flame to the end and waited for it to catch alight.

“They will...I promise, okay? You'll be with me, I'll keep you safe.” I told him calmly, nestling my head in the crook of his neck, holding his other hand that wasn't holding the cigarette to his mouth. He took in a deep breath before letting it go and I sighed.

I ran a hand down to in between his legs and grabbed the cigarette packet before taking one out and stealing the lighter from the floor. It had...Been a while. Few weeks, maybe a month, maybe two...Since I had.

“W-wait Frank, since when did you smoke?” Gerard asked, frowning a little.

“Since I was thirteen, Gee.” I rolled my eyes and lit it up and took in a breath of the familiar taste that was of Gerard and my childhood all in one. It was...Luxurious. The way that it calmed me. When I was younger I would just use it as my escape and now I had Gerard for that. But, it just seemed right to do it now.

With him by my side. I nestled my head back to where I was and closed my eyes a little, finding his hand again and playing with his fingers, running my fingertips over every detail of them. Such skilled hands...

“When is this party then?” Gerard asked, kissing my hair.

“You mean you'll go?” I grinned wide, perking up a little.

“Sure, why not. Might even be fun, right? We can invite Mikey and Ray too,” Gerard explained, I glanced up at him and he was even smiling. I kissed his cheek softly and hugged him tightly one armed.

“Of course it'll be fun, I'll be there!” I said as sarcastically as I could. Gerard laughed and smiled wide at me.

“Of course you'll make it fun, Frankie – Even more than fun. You'll make it perfect.”

Sign up to rate and review this story