Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Chapter Nine: Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying

by cabbagepatchbum 2 reviews

Gayle's shoow

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-07-31 - Updated: 2006-07-31 - 970 words

0Unrated
It was only an hour before I had to leave to go to Louisiana for our show. I had picked out a cute outfit to play in, packed my bass up, and gotten dressed. I was heading out into the living room with my bass and purse to put it in my car before I had dinner with everyone.

"Gayle, are you ready for your show tonight?" Kyle asked. I shrugged. I never really got nervous before a show.

I walked Sheeba before I was leaving, so that Carrie would not have to. I saw Pete waiting for me by the door as I was heading back to the apartment. I smiled. He smiled back and hugged me when I got to the door.

"Nervous?" he asked. I shook my head. He nodded. I walked in and let Sheeba off her leash. I fed her once more. Patrick came bounding into the kitchen and hugged me.

"I'm ready to rock ouuuut with you!" he said sing songy. I giggled. He hugged me. I looked at my watch and freaked.

"Everyone going to Louisiana with me get in the damned car now!" I shouted tearing out toward the door. Andy, Pete, and Patrick followed, not quite as hasty as I had been. I tapped my foot waiting for them to get into the car. Pete let Patrick sit in the front since this was going to be a two hour car ride. We jammed to different bands the entire ride over the state border until we got to Lake Charles. I pulled into the venue's parking lot and got out, the boys following me. I grabbed my bass out of the trunk and went in to find Camden and Marcel.

"Gayle! Over here!" I heard Camden's voice to my left. They were gathered by his SUV listening to Queen. The guys and I went over to the blue Pontiac Vibe. I saw my entire band standing around the car staring at me as we crossed the parking lot.

"Dameron, Alex, Corey, this is Pete, Patrick, and Andy," I said introducing everyone. "Pete, Parick, Andy, this is the rest of Cam's and my band." Corey was staring intently at Pete, Patrick and Andy like he could not tell where he had seen them before.

Pete looked at the lot questioningly, "What about Marcel?"

"Oh, Mars Bars is in the other band playing tonight," Camden said.

"Wait a second," Corey said, his face full of sudden realization.

"What's wrong Core?" I asked.

"They are from Fall Out Boy!" Corey said in shock. Dameron and Alex looked at the boys and then at me and Cam repeatedly, with all of us nodding.

"Gayle, how'd you meet them?" Dameron asked stunned that I had anything to do with someone famous. Andy told them how Carrie had met them on their honeymoon. I nodded, agreeing with everything.

Everyone seemed to loosen up a bit after that. Pete put an arm around my waist, and Camden's eyes seemed to be glued to it as everyone was lost in conversation. Marcel finally came over and found us. He said a shy hello to Andy, Pete and Patrick. He told us we were on next. I smiled at Pete and kissed his cheek. I glanced over at Camden who was staring at the ground.

"Knock 'em dead kiddo!" I heard Andy say. I hugged him, Patrick and Marcel before going to hook up my bass and tune it.
As we took the stage I saw the three I had brought with me front and center smiling up at me. How often does a chick get to play for three-fourths of Fall Out Boy? I smiled back and went to my microphone to intorduce our band.

"Good evening everyone!" I said full of energy and enthusiasm. "We're Perfect Tears!" The crowd cheered excitedly, and I glanced at Pete who was full of anticipation. We started playing our songs. My lyrics came out of Dameron's mouth with the meaning I had meant for them. Only from a girl's point of view, but the crowd could not tell otherwise.

"As you all know," Dameron said into the mic, "we like to conclude with a cover. Not many of you know that Gayle's favorite band is Modern English from the eighties, but I think that since her birthday is in two weeks we should play 'I Melt With Youuuu!'" The crowd cheered as I blushed a very bright shade of crimson. Camden played the first few chords and I woke up and started playing. We finished the show with great crowd approval. I helped the guys load up the cabinets and gear.

Camden came over to me before I was swarmed by Pete, Andy and Patrick. He hugged me.

"You know, I don't trust him," Camden said almost with a jealous tone in his voice.

"Don't trust who?" I asked confused.

"That Pete," he spat.

I laughed, "Well then you should hear it from me, I'm going on tour with them after Christmas break. They are hiring me a private tutor so I can graduate and everything."

He threw Pete a look, who was surrounded by girls asking for autographs, "Promise me you'll call me everyday to check in. I don't want to have to hire a private investigator to make sure you are okay." I nodded and Pete, Andy and Patrick came racing over.

"Can we go? I think all of us are about to get gang banged or something by fourteen year olds!" Pete breathed. I laughed and nodded.

"You guys were awesome," Andy said as we pulled out of the parking lot.

I giggled, "You don't have to say something that's not true."

"Andy wouldn't say something unless it was insincere," Patrick said. I sighed and drove us home.

REVIEEEEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story