Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Pen Pals

Is It True?

by Sam_Speaks 11 reviews

"Anthony, you not only knew who Frank was the whole timeā€¦ you not only knew that he was gay..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-03-21 - 847 words - Complete

5Exciting

Dear Gerard,

Now I know you're trying to tick me off.

Have you not realized that I don't like talking about Frank, or your love life in general? If you're going to write to me, just don't bring up the subject. I've already told you that I'm against it. You're being rude by going on about it. Frank probably isn't even gay; maybe he's trying to prank you or something. There are people at this school that would do a thing like that.

You're cool. I honestly think so, and I don't mean that in any way except… except that what you're doing is stupid, and I'm trying to warn you. Don't ask me to explain. It's just a feeling I have. But I know you won't listen to me, so I guess we shouldn't discuss it anymore.

Have people been messing with you lately? What about Kyle? You didn't do anything to him, did you?

Regards,

Anthony

_________________________

Dear Anthony,

You know the far end of the school where the new rooms have been added? The sidewalk stops before you get to the corner, but if you keep going, you'll find that empty side that hardly anyone ever goes unless they're skipping or something. I'll be there after school. You know what I look like, I don't need to tell you. Meet me there.

I can't stand all this damn secrecy and just the fact that I don't even know who you are.

I'll be waiting. Be there.

Sincerely,

Gerard

______________________________

Gerard,

I'm sorry.

I can't.

Best regards, and please don't hate me,

Anthony

_________________________

Anthony… I can't believe I'm such an idiot. 

I can't believe it. I can NOT fucking believe it.

This can't be true. You wouldn't do that to me, would you, Anthony? We've argued a lot, and we've said a lot of vile things and we've gotten mad, but deep down I've always thought that both of knew that… well, that we were friends. I honestly thought we were friends. I thought you were a really cool person, Anthony. I don't think you would do a thing like this but I don't know what other explanation there could be.

I was going to ask Frank out. You may as well know.

I don't think it would be much use to tell you how sexy and god-like he looked today, although I had planned on it, even though you don't like it. Now I can't. I'm not even sure I ever want to see his face again.

I have him in my History class, as I've told you before. He sits next to me, remember? He has dark hair with a sort of glossy tone to it, and hazel eyes. Mostly he doesn't talk to me; I've wondered about that, how he just sort of seems to deliberately ignore me or avoid me.

I started talking to him again today. He seemed sort of nervous, but he talked back and was cool. I couldn't figure him out. I wasn't sure what there was about him that needed figuring out, except the way he acts around me, but everyone always acts strangely around me.

The teacher walked in a few minutes later and rather half-heartedly began the lecture. That's when Frank reached down into his bag to pull out his notebook to take notes on, and another loose piece of paper fell out with it. It took me a split second to recognize it, and by then Frank had snatched it back and stuffed it back into his bag, but that was all the time I needed.

Anthony, maybe you can tell me why Frank Iero had one of the letters I wrote to you in his bag.

It had your name at the top, and my name at the bottom. The handwriting was unmistakable; I mean, I should know, I'm the one that wrote it. I was going to ask him about it, but he just glanced at me quickly with a vaguely worried expression on his face, and that was all I needed as an answer.

Anthony, you not only knew who Frank was the whole time… you not only knew that he was gay… you are Frank, aren't you, Anthony?

You are Frank Iero.

That's why you didn't meet me yesterday after school. That's why my letter was in that bag. That's what you've been hiding from me.

Please tell me this isn't true, Anthony. Give me an explanation and I'll believe it. Just tell me I'm making a huge mistake.

Sincerely,

Gerard
__________________

Dear Gerard,

I'm sorry, Gerard, I'm so incredibly sorry. I didn't mean for it to happen this way. I didn't know I'd mess things up so much.

But, yes. It's true.

I'm so sorry.

Regards,

Frank

_________________________

oh lawdie. I almost cried when I read it over. Feelz. The feels. 

I owe Ryan a cookie. You have to promise to split it evenly with your brother though, because sharing is caring. 

Love you all. 

You don't know how long I've waited for this chapter. Omg. 

-Sam

Rates an reviews make Sammy smile!
Sign up to rate and review this story