Categories > Original > Humor > Romeo And Juliet Rewrites

The Balcony Scene

by atomickilljoy 2 reviews

Others at school loved this one...

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-05 - 514 words - Complete

0Unrated
Act II, Scene II

(Enter JayQuan, at the bottom of a firescape. He's looking up at a light shown through a window, from a building in which there is a party being held and Ashley's bedroom is in.)

JayQuan: Ey, yo. It be easy for people to be jokin 'bout stuff when they don't experience it, nawhatI mean?

(Ashley enters the fire escape.)

JayQuan: Oh snap, what's that light in the window? EY YO, IT'S THAT WHITE GURL. THAT'S MY GURL, YO! Oh snap, I love her! If only she knew! Her eyes are pretty, and so is her cheeks. That's my homie.

Ashley: Oh snap!

JayQuan(to himself): Her voice is pretty, yo. She should speak again. I like her voice. She be looking like an angel.

Ashley(unaware that JayQuan hears her): Why do you have to be a Burton? Why can't you be a...I dunno. Something else. Can you please chang your name? Or you could swear to SWAG me and I will no longer be a Georgeson.

JayQuan(to Ashley): Yo, just say the word, ma, and I'll change my name. Just like (he snaps) that.

Ashley: YO, WHO BE HEARIN' MY WORDS?! I WILL STOMP YOU OUT.

JayQuan: I be a Burton, but I know you hate that name, so...

Ashley: Yo, don't you be JayQuan?!

JayQuan: Not if you hate that name.

Ashley: Well, how the freak you get in here?

JayQuan: I got connections, yo.

Ashley: Well, if my aunts catch you, you will die, son.

JayQuan: Love showed me the way...so did a guy named Pedro.

Ashley: Oh, man. Do you seriously love me?

JayQuan: I swear it by the sun.

Ashley: Ey, yo. Don't swear by the sun, son. That be madd rude, boy. If your love don't last, and you swore, we gonna have problems.

JayQuan: Oh. That be cool.

Ashley: So, I gots to go sleep, yo.

JayQuan: Hey, Ma! You just gonna leave a brother hanging like that?

Ashley: What do you mean?

JayQuan(singing): I've been really tryin', baby.

Ashley: What.

JayQuan(still singing): To hold back this feelin' for so long.
And if you really feel like I feel, baby.
Then, come on,
Come on,
Let's get it on.

(A random friend of Beatrice, JayQuan's cousin, comes out with a bucket of water in hand. She looks angry).

Friend: ABSTINENCE!

(She pours the water on JayQuan, and runs away, quickly followed by Beatrice).

Beatrice(rushed): Sorry, JayQuan! (She runs after her friend). AJ! THAT WAS NOT NICE!

JayQuan: Beatrice be so lucky that she's a Priest, or else I would've...nevermind. Listen, what I be tryin to say is...(JayQuan gets down on one knee, and takes out a box of sneakers from a bag) will you swag me?

Ashley: Ohmygosh, YOLO.

(JayQuan looks excited, and puts away the sneakers).

JayQuan: Yo, ma. I gots to go. Imma go arrange for Priest Levar Burton to marry us ASAP. Stay chill, ma.

(JayQuan leaves with the sneakers).

Ashley: OMG, I'M SO EXCITED.

(Ashley exits the fire escape.)

END SCENE
Sign up to rate and review this story